Photo

Dreams cancun vs. Dreams Tulum??????

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Nicolem82580

Nicolem82580
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 04:39 PM

Ok....Ive been checking out both of these resorts.....and how do i decide which one to choose? Any on have pro's and con's on both !!!! Help me pick !!!!!!

#2 Blkatz

Blkatz
    • 1,025 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 04:50 PM

I picked Tulum because it was off the beaten path and it was a little cheaper than Cancun.
      My suggestion would be to see if your date would be available at either one also.
      Both are great resorts and I am sure that if you read the posts you can come up with a good decision

#3 Bianca

Bianca
      • 1,057 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 04:56 PM

Are your people big on night life? or do the ruins interest them? Does a 1.5 hour drive sound ok to you? DT will cost less that DC. Do you want to be in the touristy area or away from it?
        19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
        http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

#4 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
        • 2,262 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 06:21 PM

I wanted to go to Tulum but ended up at Cancun because I didn't want to be stuck with FMIL for 2 weeks without an escape plan lol

#5 yamille

yamille
          • 1,460 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:14 PM

We were originally looking at dreams tulum but the distance from CUN airport was too much in FI's opinion. Also- it is rather remote from what I have heard which is a pro and also a con if your people want to do a lot of exploring. $$ is different. From what I hear- Tulum now only offers receptions in their new ballroom instead of outiside on the terrace which was a no go for me.

hope this helps. It's tough deciding!

#6 Nicolem82580

Nicolem82580
            • 75 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:48 AM

Ty so much for all of your replys ! I def dont want to have to take an hour and a half ride from the air port !!! That made my decision right there ! Hey !! Has anyone gotten married or checked out the dreams in riviera mya??

#7 Bianca

Bianca
              • 1,057 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:06 AM

Are you talking about the new one called Rivera Maya cancun or something? I don't think that one opens til sometime late next year... There is also Puerto Aventuras, the old sunscape. I am getting married there. I really love the location which is why I choose it. It doesn't open til November.
                19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
                http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

#8 SIMBASIM

SIMBASIM
                • 466 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:38 PM

Dreams RM is definitely not open yet. We decided on Cancun only because it is a lil more family oriented with my big A** family! Lot of kids and teenagers. Plus it is small so easy to navigate around pre wedding!!

#9 Shenandoah

Shenandoah
                  • 8 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:55 PM

I personally have stayed at the Dreams in Cancun.. and it was AWESOME !! Service and food was out of this world.. ! The only reason we are not getting married here is because we opted to have kids in our wedding and of course.. Dreams are adults only.

#10 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
                    • 2,262 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:42 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Shenandoah
                      I personally have stayed at the Dreams in Cancun.. and it was AWESOME !! Service and food was out of this world.. ! The only reason we are not getting married here is because we opted to have kids in our wedding and of course.. Dreams are adults only.
                      Err its not adults only kids are coming to our wedding there lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users