Photo

How old were you when you got engaged?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#51 Samantha S

Samantha S
  • 369 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:46 AM

I'm 27 and he proposed this December. We've been together since I was 22 however! FI just turned 31.

#52 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
    • 1,206 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:00 PM

28 here ... We have been together since I was 23, It took a while but we had our beautiful boy in between.

#53 starfish kate

starfish kate
      • 455 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:33 PM

I was just shy of my 31st birthday, and he was 31. I was in a relationship for 7 1/2 years (age 19-27, no engagement) and I thought I was ready then. Thank goodness that lazy bum never asked because I'm sure I'd be divorced now. Honestly I think 21 is a bit young because I'm not the person I was 10 years ago. But it can work- my parents were 19 and 21 and they are still together. I guess it depends on the people. Nothing in life is a guarantee- people get divorced who marry at any age.
        Kate

#54 quiche

quiche
        • 71 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:05 PM

23 first marriage
          31 this marriage

#55 dollbird

dollbird
          • 86 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:59 PM

22 at proposal, 24 at wedding next year. He will be 28.

#56 KLC77

KLC77
            • 2,207 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:12 AM

So, I was 29, but FI was only 23... yes, I'm robbing the cradle. lol
              ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#57 *New* Mrs. G

*New* Mrs. G
              • 226 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:27 AM

My sweetie proposed on my 29th birthday this year after we've been together for 4 years

#58 litl_april

litl_april
                • 351 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 01:49 AM

We were both 20 when my fiance proposed. We'll be 23 when we get married. I agree with those that say maturity is different for different people. I have been told as long as I can remember that I am so mature for my age (ironic, considering before people "know" me they guess I'm much younger). In fact, some of my best friends are well into their 40s and 50s. Some may have not known, at the age we are, what they were going to want or like in 10 years but I am confident to say that I do, and I know my fiance feels the same. I went to college for things related to family, children, and relationships. Even the researchers are not 100% certain that any age makes a difference. For some it works, for some it doesn't. A couple needs to be able to compromise, work out problems, be willing to share their feelings, etc. If they can do these things, research is not going to show that being older will make your marriage work. A perfect example of this is, almost half of all marriages end in divorce, yet the average age of first marriage in the US is at about 27.

#59 ashley9078

ashley9078
                  • 92 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 07:55 AM

I was 22 when he proposed I will be 24 when we finally get married on our 7 year anniversary! We had a beautiful daughter in the mean time and have lived together for quite some time so it feels right

#60 Chantal85

Chantal85
                    • 224 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 02:57 AM

I was 21...but it was my 22nd birthday two days later (it was the only way he could sneak a proposal in the setting he did without me catching on). He is 25. It will be four years that we've been together when we get married in January.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users