Ok..let me get this straight?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 drbrainfreeze

• 813 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:29 PM

Ok, that makes sense. I wasn't sure if they give you 1 or 2. I knew the originals were sent back to you, but you never know how long the passport people are going to take!!

Maureen, I forgot to congratulate you on the pregnancy!! I know from being on these boards that you had been trying!!!

#22 Birdie07

• 1,218 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:06 AM

OH SHIT! I'm an idiot! I just sent my passport stuff in a few days ago and I forgot my marriage license! WTF!?! Now what?! Any ideas?

#23 ButlerGirl08

• 382 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:43 PM

I'm sure they will send it back to you if they can't process it w/o the marriage license.

#24 ochoriobride

• 489 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:34 AM

We got married april 22 and we received our certificate june 16. I think it depend on the minister.

Any ideal how to change your name on passport in Canada?

Justin & NathalieApril 22nd 2008Riu Ocho Rios

#25 cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,151 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:29 AM

haha i just realized my stupid driver's license will of course expire before i receive my marriage certificate, so i'll end up having to get a new one TWICE! that stinks!

#26 JBinjour

• 107 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:36 PM

I received a temporary document from the minister during ceremony at the signing. Then, I received the official document (two marriages licenses) approximately two months after my wedding.
              "Love is like swallowing hot chocolate before it has cooled off. It takes you by surprise at first, but keeps you warm for a long time.'' ~Unknown

#27 hollisandsteph

• 419 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:32 PM

I took my temp certificate to the DMV yesterday and got my license with my new name. I called first and they said to just bring it over and they would take a look at it. I needed to change it to change my name on our checking account so I could cash some checks. It was kinda messy but worked out ok anyways!

#28 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
                • 1,260 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:34 PM

So since we are talking about name changes I have a question.. I'm not officially changing my name until October b/c I'm in a DW in Belize at the end of October and I just figured it would be easier to change everything at once and not worry about my passport, ID, credit cards, plane ticket, etc not all matching up. So, do I go by maiden name until I change it??
                  See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#29 DLyteful

• 879 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by PrecisePlans
                    We didn't get ANYTHING yet! No temporary or nada!!! We got married on May 10, and it will be 2 months in 3 days! Where the heck is my certificate Bobbi, they gave u a temp before u left the island??
                    I got mine already,I received my marriage certificate last week and I got married at ROR on May 29th.... you may want to start looking into it....

#30 DLyteful

• 879 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by ButlerGirl08
                      Maureen I agree 100%. I can't change anything. I have heard the first thing is the SS and then the License and so on so forth. My work says I have 30 days to be able to add my husband, but I'm like...30 days from when? From when we got married or from when they issue the license? I asked if I could let them see the paper that we signed, but my HR lady is obviously confused and should be out of a job.

I hope it come soon, but until then...I guess I am still a Bond and not a Butler. I still keep calling Mario my Fiance... DOOO (like Homer Simpson...)

Marsha, the paper you guys signed at the ceremony, they should have gave you a copy immediately following the ceremony. Double check with your hubby.
                      I added my hubby the week I got back to work. Its usually 30 days from the date of the marriage and my benifies (charges) all back dated to that day and my hubby received a type of credit.... U usually dont need the certificate to add the info right off, only if the insurance company does a type of audit. Then they request the certificate. If your going to add him I would suggest you do it ASAP or you are probably going to have to wait until your companies open enrollment date.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users