Photo

Ok..let me get this straight?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#11 ButlerGirl08

ButlerGirl08
  • 382 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:09 AM

Maureen I agree 100%. I can't change anything. I have heard the first thing is the SS and then the License and so on so forth. My work says I have 30 days to be able to add my husband, but I'm like...30 days from when? From when we got married or from when they issue the license? I asked if I could let them see the paper that we signed, but my HR lady is obviously confused and should be out of a job.

I hope it come soon, but until then...I guess I am still a Bond and not a Butler. I still keep calling Mario my Fiance... DOOO (like Homer Simpson...)

Marsha, the paper you guys signed at the ceremony, they should have gave you a copy immediately following the ceremony. Double check with your hubby.

#12 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
    • 802 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:50 AM

Nope, neither one of us received anything. We held up what looked to be some sort of certificate that we and out witnesses signed, but that was only for picture purposes. They never actually gave us anything to go home with. Oh well.....i'm in no rush to change my name anyhow.....unknowingly, I still go by my maiden name. lol

#13 Birdie07

Birdie07
      • 1,218 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:20 PM

Yeah that thing you held up was what they were suppose to give you. We still have ours also. It's the temp. license. Thats weird they didn't give it to you.

#14 ButlerGirl08

ButlerGirl08
        • 382 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:19 AM

Yeah I still go by my maiden name even when introducing myself or signing off. My technicians and the folks I work with are the only ones who call me Mrs Butler...but they are just being funny and excited that I am married...

#15 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
          • 215 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:06 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by quiche
            Hopefully this won't be an issue for me as my FI and I have the same last name....sucks that I don't get to change it..!
            Lucky girl! I'm in the middle of an identity crisis!

#16 crawford2B

crawford2B
            • 244 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:08 AM

It seemed like it took forever for us to get ours. I was able to change my name on a few things that didn't require anything, but I did wait to do any credit cards, bank, really everything until we got the original just so there was NO PROBLEM! HA!! Anyways it took almost 3 1/2 months!! Yeah a long time. We were married March 13th and didn't get it until the end of June. But when we did I went to the SS office, etc all in one day. It was SO fast and easy! I was surprised how easy it was. Well, good luck to all of you!

#17 crawford2B

crawford2B
              • 244 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:11 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by geology_rocks
                Lucky girl! I'm in the middle of an identity crisis!
                Thanks funny! It seems so weird to write my name different and to be called by my new name. I teach 1st grade and they use my last name all day long and to hear it changed is weird! But I LOVE IT!!!

#18 ButlerGirl08

ButlerGirl08
                • 382 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:52 AM

How do you go about changing your passport over?

#19 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 12,193 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:47 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ButlerGirl08
                    How do you go about changing your passport over?
                    Basically you have to reapply as if you're getting a new passport. Here's the process that I found online:

How to Change Your Name in Your Passport

How to Change Your Name in Your Passport

If Your name has been legally changed due to marriage or a court order within one year from the date of issuance of passport, then:

Send a completed form DS-5504, Application for a U.S. Passport: Name Change, Data Correction, and Limited Passport Book Replacement Form, a certified copy of your marriage certificate or your name change court decree, two recent color photographs (2” by 2”), and your current valid passport to the address listed on the form.
                    Photocopies and notarized copies are not acceptable
                    for passport purposes.

If your name has changed by other means and/or it has been more than one year from the date of issuance of the passport, you must submit a DS-82 renewal application and pay all applicable fees.

#20 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
                    • 813 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:55 AM

Anyone know how you would go about getting additional certified copies of a Jamaican wedding certificate? Or do they just return that to you with your passport?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users