Barcelo Maya vs. Grand Palladium

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MagsieMexico

MagsieMexico
  • 420 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 02:44 PM

So... I've narrowed it down to two!

Any choices, any advice? Any one stayed at either of these (I know you have Melissa!

I believe they are in about the same price range... Grand Palladium is I think a bit closer to Cancun...

Does anyone know exactly how far Grand Palladium or Barcelo is from Cancun Airport? I"m having a hard time finding Grand Palladium on a map.

Thanks!
    Margaret & Eric

#2 Chicago80

Chicago80
    • 80 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 02:52 PM

Both look great! Im having the same problem but my FI has thrown the Paradisus Riviera Cancun into the mix.

#3 Chicago80

Chicago80
      • 80 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 02:54 PM

Just checked my notes on these...
        Barcelo-- 50 min from Cancun
        Grand Palladium--55 min from Cancun

#4 MelissaH

MelissaH
        • 1,724 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 06:44 PM

i'm a little biased hehe
          the barcelo took us under an hour from the airport and that included a few stops at other resorts along the way

#5 MelissaH

MelissaH
          • 1,724 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 07:10 PM

I do have to say this though, I'm not sure if it's the same resort but my parents and sister stayed at the Grand Palladium Kantenah a few years ago and said it was beautiful - their only complaints were they couldn't get into the a la cartes for dinner any earlier than 8pm and the pools were deep (ie. you couldn't get from the swim up bar to the jacuzzis without trying to swim with your cup between your teeth :P)

#6 MagsieMexico

MagsieMexico
            • 420 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 09:08 PM

The grand palladium doesn't take reservations for weddings in 2008 until June!!!
              Margaret & Eric

#7 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
              • 5,248 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 11:11 PM

I don't think it's so awful if you have to wait until June. I know that will probably drive you crazy but it's not like you won't get the date you want as long as you book it in June. I personally like the Grand Palladium the best just based on the pics in Trip Advisor. But it seems like everyone else likes the Barcelo Maya so maybe everyone else knows something that I don't. What are your pros and cons for each one?

#8 Jen

Jen
                • 144 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 02:34 PM

Well...I vote Grand Palladium (but I think I'm biased!!!).....I have to check out Barcelo Maya....I'm scared to look at anymore resorts! The whole not booking until June is driving me crazy also.....I feel like I can't do anything (STD, etc) until we are CERTAIN we can get the dates we want.....and we wanted to give people at least a year to save ect. Right now, we're just doing an "informal" word of mouth STD.....will Barcelo Maya let you book now AHHHH.....let me know what you decide!!!

#9 MagsieMexico

MagsieMexico
                  • 420 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 08:18 PM

I know, I can't believe it, I wanted to give everyone a year's notice too, to plan their trips and such, sooooo annoying!
                    Margaret & Eric

#10 MelissaH

MelissaH
                    • 1,724 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:28 PM

I booked my date with the Barcelo right away, they didn't tell me I had to wait or anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users