OMG Only 68 days left until my wedding

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jamminworld

• 136 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:23 AM

I just realized that I have just over two months left until my wedding and I haven't accomplished anything. When I realized just how little time I had left my stress level skyrocketed. I am still trying to hold back tears I am so upset at myself. What are absolute must dos? I know I still need to get my dress altered, get FI suit, mail in my information to the resort, get my invitations done, but what else absolutely must be done first. I have been so busy looking at all the little nice to have things and have completely let time slip away. I am so embarassed. If someone can help me compile a list of absolutes I would appreciate it. I don't want to forget anything important.

Maybe this is why FI got me an organizer. LOL I made him actual return it and told him I didn't need it. He knows me so much better than I even know myself.

#2 Kat81

• VIP Member
    • 7,615 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 06:02 AM

It just depends on what you want at your wedding. It can be as complicated or simple as you make it. My wedding is the week before yours. Here is what I have done. My dress is being altered, I sent my invitations, I have my place reserved, I have my OOT bags and some items for the inside, I just got the bridesmaids dresses.
      Things still to do-
      finish OOT bags
      make programs, placecards etc
      reserve photographer
      Get FI's suit and groomsmen attire
      Finish my newsletter I am sending a few weeks before the wedding
      Figure out my centerpieces and buy what I need

I am sure there are more things. Like I said it all depends on what you want to tackle. Really all you HAVE to have there is you and your groom. How many people are you expecting?

#3 Jamminworld

• 136 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 06:18 AM

If I had to guess I would say only our very immediate family will be there. So I'm guessing at 10. We haven't sent out invites yet so there may be a few that surprize me.

I don't know why I kept thinking I had more time than this. I know my FI will help but I need to make a list of things that must be done.

So far this is my list:
        Mail out our documentation
        Buy shoes
        Have dress altered
        Buy the remainder of things needed to complete invitations
        Mail invitations out
        Finalize agreement with photographer
        Order Flowers
        Buy a suit for FI
        Pick out music for ceremony and reception

I have a ton of things that I would LIKE to accomplish but I think these are the things that absolutely must be done before anything else.

At least I know I picked out my groom already.

#4 Kat81

• VIP Member
        • 7,615 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:13 AM

There is a september brides thread that kinda has what all of us have been up to if you want to check it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users