Photo

Do you like what you do for a living?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 Kathie

Kathie
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:03 AM

I have to admit I don't love my job. I'm a legal secretary for a large law firm. I love the attorneys I support but I don't love the firm. It used to be a really nice homey place and now it's turned into big business. Not my style.

#32 ButlerGirl08

ButlerGirl08
    • 382 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:06 AM

I am so jealous... I wish I loved what I did...

#33 sunset78

sunset78
      • 1,280 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:21 AM

I'm a Mechanical Inspector... somedays I like it, other days I wished I went with I was originally going to do... be a vet... or RCMP... both of those appeal me moreso... **sigh**

#34 Rcobb

Rcobb
        • 15 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:33 PM

I have to agree with James. I LOVE my job as a photographer. For me, it's a second career. I was a lawyer and wound up doing IT consulting for large government contractors for several years. Now, I'm around happy people and feel like I produce something that really matters. Definitely follow your passions!

#35 *Lo*

*Lo*
          • 2,993 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:43 PM

I'm an accountant. I started out really loving it. But it has gotten to the point where the workload is ridiculous and the firm is short staffed and it is Saturday and I am working all day, working all day tomorrow, after putting in 75 hours already this week. The work is challenging, it pays well, I just do not like feeling so overwhelmed and stressed with these deadlines and I am starting to wonder if this is the right place for me.

It's a toss up I guess because I do love the work, I just do not appreciate the volume. Anyone else have that problem?

#36 EricaG

EricaG
            • 1,915 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 01:35 PM

I love my job! I am a nurse in a small rural hospital so we deal with anything and everything that comes through the doors. I missed working while I was off on maternity leave, and my first shift back started with a delivery and finished with a patient having a heart attack and I was standing there watching him incase we had to shock him back! We had the electrodes on him and ready to go incase we needed them.
              http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
              My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
              http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#37 Angel

Angel
              • 2,635 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 03:17 PM

I love what I do and it is also a great company and wonderful benefits. I'm just really bored now. I've been doing it for 8 years and I need something else to do.

#38 foxytv

foxytv
                • VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 03:23 PM

I was a New Anchor/Investigative Reporter for 13 years (several small news/talk radio stations, then NBC and FOX TV networks). I quit when it wasn't fun anymore, but I had very successful career. More than two dozen Associated Press Awards, SC Reporter of the Year, Emmy wins and nominations, etc.

Now, I sell wine and absolutely LOVE my job. I expect to keep this as my second career until retirement. I work with restaurants, country clubs and bars mostly, as well as some fine wine shops. We have a portfolio of about 4,000 wines and I will taste wines with my customers and help them configure their wine lists. Plus, I get to travel to a lot of different areas of the country and other countries for training at different vineyards, etc,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users