Do you like what you do for a living?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 Kathie

• 2,654 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:03 AM

I have to admit I don't love my job. I'm a legal secretary for a large law firm. I love the attorneys I support but I don't love the firm. It used to be a really nice homey place and now it's turned into big business. Not my style.

#32 ButlerGirl08

• 382 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:06 AM

I am so jealous... I wish I loved what I did...

#33 sunset78

• 1,280 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:21 AM

I'm a Mechanical Inspector... somedays I like it, other days I wished I went with I was originally going to do... be a vet... or RCMP... both of those appeal me moreso... **sigh**

#34 Rcobb

• 15 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:33 PM

I have to agree with James. I LOVE my job as a photographer. For me, it's a second career. I was a lawyer and wound up doing IT consulting for large government contractors for several years. Now, I'm around happy people and feel like I produce something that really matters. Definitely follow your passions!

#35 *Lo*

• 2,993 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:43 PM

I'm an accountant. I started out really loving it. But it has gotten to the point where the workload is ridiculous and the firm is short staffed and it is Saturday and I am working all day, working all day tomorrow, after putting in 75 hours already this week. The work is challenging, it pays well, I just do not like feeling so overwhelmed and stressed with these deadlines and I am starting to wonder if this is the right place for me.

It's a toss up I guess because I do love the work, I just do not appreciate the volume. Anyone else have that problem?

#36 EricaG

• 1,915 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 01:35 PM

I love my job! I am a nurse in a small rural hospital so we deal with anything and everything that comes through the doors. I missed working while I was off on maternity leave, and my first shift back started with a delivery and finished with a patient having a heart attack and I was standing there watching him incase we had to shock him back! We had the electrodes on him and ready to go incase we needed them.
              My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#37 Angel

• 2,635 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 03:17 PM

I love what I do and it is also a great company and wonderful benefits. I'm just really bored now. I've been doing it for 8 years and I need something else to do.

#38 foxytv

• VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 03:23 PM

I was a New Anchor/Investigative Reporter for 13 years (several small news/talk radio stations, then NBC and FOX TV networks). I quit when it wasn't fun anymore, but I had very successful career. More than two dozen Associated Press Awards, SC Reporter of the Year, Emmy wins and nominations, etc.

Now, I sell wine and absolutely LOVE my job. I expect to keep this as my second career until retirement. I work with restaurants, country clubs and bars mostly, as well as some fine wine shops. We have a portfolio of about 4,000 wines and I will taste wines with my customers and help them configure their wine lists. Plus, I get to travel to a lot of different areas of the country and other countries for training at different vineyards, etc,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users