Photo

The puppy just ate a hole in my rug!!!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 NewOrleansbride

NewOrleansbride
  • 358 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 03:28 AM

The puppy (he's 7 months old, so he really knows better) ate a hole in my $350 rug!!! I am sooo pissed! It's right in the center of the rug, so it's not even in a spot that would be easily hidden!!

He is so damn lucky that he's cute and sweet!!!
    -Rachel

#2 PinionGirl

PinionGirl
    • Banned
    • 59 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 03:46 AM

When FI & I first got together, he got me a boxer puppy - I was over at his house one evening, and puppy decided to eat a hole in the flooring of the kitchen - it was horrible!!!

#3 NewOrleansbride

NewOrleansbride
      • 358 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 03:57 AM

I would have preferred this hole to be in the bedroom carpet - it's stained enough from him, I'm sad to say, but we'll probably have to change it before we sell (which will be within a year, probably). But... the rug was supposed to come with us!!! So, that's more crap to replace. FI, who's out of town said "Ladybug's the only one who doesn't destroy stuff". Bear is the only one who destroys stuff.

BTW- Ladybug is the cat - she doesn't destroy; Jackson is the older dog- he doesn't destroy either (he did when he was younger- he'll be 7 in August). It's the new puppy, that I did not want, mainly because I didn't want to go through the "puppy" phase (destroying my rugs!!!!!). But, Thomas came home with a 7 week old baby tucked in his jacket, and I tried hard to resist, but I fell in love.
        -Rachel

#4 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
        • 2,262 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:02 AM

As harsh as this sounds - you need to smack his arse really hard and show him what he did and that you mean it.

My rotty started to chew shoes (thanks Ex MIL!) she sharp learnt that if she did it she got her backside smacked hard - she learnt v quick lol

#5 Kat81

Kat81
          • VIP Member
          • 7,615 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:45 AM

I had a guy come to fix my AC a few years back when I was renting. I put my 9 month old Boxer in my Master Bathroom so he didn't get in the way. I am not joking, he was only in there MAYBE 45 minutes. When I went into my bedroom he had chewed through the door and was laying on my bed. I had to look like three times before I realized what had happened. I was so pissed I had to remove myself from the situation so I didn't choke him lol. Needless to say, I had to buy a new door and Diesel (the boxer) never got locked up in the bathroom again. He must have been really pissed off because I can leave him for hours in my house alone and he won't do anything.

#6 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
            • 2,183 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:42 AM

That's crazy! When Niles was about 1 year old, he chew a pair of my favorite Louis Vuitton shoes. OMG! I cried!!!

#7 ashrose

ashrose
              • 422 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:47 AM

I wonder if renters/homeowners insurance covers puppy accidents. :)

Think of this as an opportunity to update your decorations. Err... or something like that. :)

#8 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
                • 2,262 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:56 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ashrose
                  I wonder if renters/homeowners insurance covers puppy accidents. :)

Think of this as an opportunity to update your decorations. Err... or something like that. :)
                  Or and I know this isn't proabably ethical lol but I'd say I dropped something on it and it burnt a massive hole in and see if you can get it back on the insurance lol

#9 NewOrleansbride

NewOrleansbride
                  • 358 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 03:12 PM

My homeowners deductible is more than the rug cost, so it's not worth making a claim. I just need to suck it up and move on. I think I need to move the rug... everytime I look down at it I get upset.
                    -Rachel

#10 Jessica

Jessica
                    • VIP Member
                    • 11,939 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 04:39 PM

Aww. I know how you feel. We have to take up our entire first floor carpet because our dog ripped out no less than 5 spots. Damn dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users