Photo

OK...so the wedding is over, didn't get in shape for it...I guess now is the time...

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#11 ButlerGirl08

ButlerGirl08
  • 382 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 11:49 PM

What is Tony Chacherie's?

#12 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 12:21 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by ButlerGirl08
      What is Tony Chacherie's?
      it's a seasoning. mike loves it.

intervals are a great way to train. you can acutally burn more calories with intervals than just constantly running.

#13 KLC77

KLC77
      • 2,207 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 12:24 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by ButlerGirl08
        That makes sense...I always thought you were supposed to just RUN with no walking intervals, so when I would just run and have to stop and walk to catch my breath, I felt like I was letting myself down and didn't look forward to continue... You know, I bet once I get a routine going, I could run for like 30 mins (maybe 20 to start) right when I get off work...because working out for me makes me sleepy...I can't do it before I go to work or I am exhausted and wanting to sit down and relax...
        From what I've read lately a lot of trainers are leaning toward interval training instead of maintaining one steady pace the whole time. So, you can always build up to running for a longer period of time, like start one minute jog/ 2 minutes walk then go to 2 min jog/ 2 min walk then 3 min jog/ 1 min walk etc... also that is a good way for you to vary your workout and gives you some built in goals to reach.
        ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#14 NewOrleansbride

NewOrleansbride
        • 358 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 12:25 AM

I use it like Tobasco sauce - on almost everything I cook- I'm a cajun girl who likes spicy food. Tony's isn't too spicy, though, depending on how much you use. If you only use a little it gives your food a little zing. It makes bland food awesome.

Tony Chachere's Creole Kitchen
          -Rachel

#15 ButlerGirl08

ButlerGirl08
          • 382 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 01:27 AM

The Tony's and the intervals sounds good... I am going to start there... You know what will help, if you guys have time...will you hold me accountable. I am sure the first few days you ask me..."Alex, have you worked out?" and I may say No, will get tiring to me because I will feel like I am letting you all down, then I will really get it together...or maybe we can be accountability partners and keep track of each other's progress I don't have anyone here I want to work out with so that will be close enough. What do you say?

#16 NewOrleansbride

NewOrleansbride
            • 358 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 03:03 AM

I promise that I will hold you accountable if you hold me accoutable...
              -Rachel

#17 ButlerGirl08

ButlerGirl08
              • 382 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 04:11 AM

Ok, let's hold each other accountable... So I will be 100% honest, I won't be working out until Monday...I will try and go when I get off, depending on how I feel at 7 am... What about you?

#18 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 5,752 posts
                • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:45 AM

alex, why dont you join biggest loser 3 - that group is designed specifically for the kind of support you are looking for and you even can get a buddy who keeps you accountable with emails/text messages/phone calls, whatever you prefer.

i am posting the new season sign up thread on monday.

#19 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
                • 1,131 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 01:05 PM

I despise running, but have been pushing myself to run intervals 3-4 times a week along with mixing in some eliptical & stationary bike. As much as I hate it, it seems that running is the only think that moves the scale for me. I'm on board to be a motivation buddy if you need one! My FI leaves for work at 6am, so it forces me to get out of bed & hit the gym early!

#20 Christi

Christi
                  • 1,905 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 01:49 PM

[QUOTE= I played college basketball and was very disciplined

What about finding a basketball team/class to join? maybe once a week to start? I played soccer through college and haven't played in years and recently found a soccer class to get me back in shape so that I can join a team...it was really hard to get motivated at first, but once I go out there, the love of the game came back tenfold and made it easier for me to continue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users