becks

VIP

• VIP Member
  • 4,881 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
  • LocationNew York

Posted 06 July 2008 - 08:02 AM

Okay, it sounds weird, but white vinegar. It's a little stinky but it helps. Mix it 50/50 with water and put it in a spray bottle, hop in the shower and knock yourself out.

Also, take a benadryl. It's histamines that make sunburn so painful, so an antihistamine is great. Side benefit (for me anyway) is that benadryl knocks me out cold. If you don't have any benadryl, take a sleepy (as in not non-drowsy) cold medicine. They have anti-histamines in them too.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#12 ashrose

ashrose
  • 422 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:58 AM

Here's a long list of potential fixes...

Sunburn Remedies - Health 911

I'm thinking the bath with lavender sounds really good (and relaxing). Bonus: it heals your burn, and then you smell good.

#13 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
    • Banned
    • 1,051 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 12:38 PM

I know this sounds weird but vinegar will get rid of the pain and heat. If you can stand the smell, pour some in your bathtub with water and just soak, then flip over. I love vinegar so this wouldn't bother me, but my FI HATES even the slightest smell of it. Hope you feel betta...:)

#14 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 03:30 PM

I had a bad burn earlier this summer and my massage therapist put this stuff on it... but I can't remember the name of it! She is an "all-natural" kind of lady... hmmm, I think she said it had collagen in it. That's about all I can remember - sorry

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#15 townie princess

townie princess
        • 298 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 12:47 AM

Sometimes you can get body butters at Walmart, if you have one of those close by.

Also, if you get a round tin of Nivea cream or Noxema and put it in the fridge, that's nice and cool on the skin.

Just think, this time next week it'll all be over! Yippee!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users