Ow ow ow! Help!

Birdie07

So yesterday is my DH's "second birthday" He gets the third and the fourth. Anyways he had to ride in the towns parade to promote him and is other doctors in the practice. So I got up at 9 and went out to watch. It was sooooooooooo hot! And I wore a cute little tube babydoll top. Then we came in and I was a little pink but it was so hot!

Then we had to go to his boss's exclusive pool party. So I swam a bit and drank some beers. We get home and I am like a tomato. I am so burned. The front of my legs and feet, my arms, my whole chest, shoulders, and back. And it hurts like a #^%@$!!! Last night I couldn't lay down so I watched TV till I could pass out. This morning it hurts worse. I can't move my arms! I'm so stupid. I thought it was shady so I'd be ok.fryingpan.gif I have aloe vera and some spray but it still hurts! frown.gifcrybaby2.gif

If anyone has remedies that will make the pain stop please share!

Can you get sudo creme over there, its for nappy rash! that stuff is great if you get burnt.

Or try Clinique comfort body butter and put loads on. Last time I was in Mexico I did the same as you I was so hot FI couldn't even sleep next to me lol the Clinique cooled it down which took away the pain 2

I regrettably would get burned frequently when I was younger and the best thing is aloe vera and ibuprofen. I had to learn the hard way (having two spots removed on my belly – which left awful scars) that I have to wear sunscreen on every exposed part of my body everyday- even if I don't expect to be out in the sun.

I'm feeling your pain!!! I fell asleep tanning/reading on my deck on Thursday... so the back half of me is fried. The only comfortable position is on my stomach... even walking (especially on stairs) is painful because the back of my knees are so crispy.

I have to second what everyone else says! Lots of aloe and ibuprofen. : ) Plus as always lots of water.

I feel for ya. About 10 years ago I burned the back of my legs from my bum to my ankles. I couldn't walk for 3 days because I couldn't move my legs (you really take the back of your knees for granted). I had a hard time using the bathroom because I couldn't sit down on my burnt bottom.

For me I don't know what's worse, the pain or the itching that comes next.

I find that body butters are the best moisturizers for burnt skin, which then reduces the itching part.

Is there anything you can do to distract yourself from the pain without having to move too much?

I took some advil and that took the edge off. I was watching tv but my back hurts bad, b/c I can't lean back! So I was sitting in bed trying to put aloe with lidocaine on and i can only reach my elbows and my DH didn't offer to put any on so I sat and tried to reach so finally I gave up. So I get up and turn the light off so he can sleep and I ran straight into the open door. It hit me right in the chest and shoulder. Where it hurts the worse! I just bawled. I guess I was too loud b/c he came out but now I'm a little pissed. So I guess it's tv again till I pass out!

Sadly I don't have any body butter. And I live in a tiny town there is no mall or bath and body works or anything. sad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliaA07 View Post
I took some advil and that took the edge off. I was watching tv but my back hurts bad, b/c I can't lean back! So I was sitting in bed trying to put aloe with lidocaine on and i can only reach my elbows and my DH didn't offer to put any on so I sat and tried to reach so finally I gave up. So I get up and turn the light off so he can sleep and I ran straight into the open door. It hit me right in the chest and shoulder. Where it hurts the worse! I just bawled. I guess I was too loud b/c he came out but now I'm a little pissed. So I guess it's tv again till I pass out!
Sadly I don't have any body butter. And I live in a tiny town there is no mall or bath and body works or anything. sad.gif
I'd send you some but by the time you got it you'd have been healed up 3 weeks lol moisture is the key keeping it supple stops it cracking -its kind of the same as tattoos