Photo

Destination wedding under $7,500?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 krysiafosz

krysiafosz
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:44 AM

Do you know how much it costs to have a ceremony at Cannon house if we are not staying at the hotel or doing our reception there?

#32 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
    • 2,777 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:08 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by zorlack76
      What kind of photography are you all having at your weddings? Is it something that comes in a package or are you hiring an outside vendor and using one of their packages. The only reason I ask is because most photographers cost like $2000 for a mid-range package, and a lot of DJ's cost between 800 and 1000 bucks.
      We are using Lidya Solemidt for our photography. I only really need her for our ceremony and all the photos after... and not really for the reception. Our ceremony is going to be so short and quick that I'm only asking for her for 2 hours. We have a couple people in the family who are photographers and are going to be taking pictures through reception as well as we're putting out cameras for people to take pictures. Lidya is also doing a TTD shoot for us the next day. Her total fee is $850. We aren't actually booking a dj. My FBIL knows a little bit about it and our reception site has all the equipment to do it ourselves so we're paying $250 for equipment.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by krysiafosz
      Do you know how much it costs to have a ceremony at Cannon house if we are not staying at the hotel or doing our reception there?
      I'm emailing Laura, the owner of the hotel, and will let you know asap

#33 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
      • 2,777 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 08:36 PM

Sorry it took so long to get the answer! Laura said that if you do not have your reception w/ the Lol-Ha Restaurant the fee for a ceremony at Cannon House Site is $100

#34 krysiafosz

krysiafosz
        • 50 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:30 AM

Do you have her contact info so I can email her with more questions? Wow, $100 is nothing!! Thank you for looking into this for me!

#35 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
          • 2,777 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:09 PM

ya her name is Laura Bush Wolfe, she's actually from El Paso, I don't have her phone number.... her and I email just about everyday. Her email is lbushwolfe@aol.com. If she doesn't get back to you let me know cause she has another email but its supposedly down right now.

#36 Kathie

Kathie
            • 2,654 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:19 PM

Is this what they call a highjack?

#37 Kathie

Kathie
              • 2,654 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:47 AM

Thank you but we have decided to have our wedding in Puerto Vallarta instead. We could not get a lot of information on Cayman and got frustrated. Thanks anyway.

#38 crsperanza

crsperanza
                • 161 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 09:03 PM

This is all great information!

#39 simba1234

simba1234
                  • 179 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:20 PM

You absolutely can!! I'm having a wedding for 50 ppl and my ceremony/reception budget is about $7000 but that includes a TON of extras like elaborate lighting and decoration (i.e. fabric drapery, specialty chair covers & sashes, high end centerpieces, etc..). If I take out all those extra things that I had them order especially for me, the budget goes down by about a $1000. I was just ultra pickey about certain things. I'm not even staying at an all inclusive, i had everything done a la carte because I don't particularly like pre-packaged weddings...again, I'm just picky. So, I think you just need to do your research and NEGOTIATE (never pay for something without trying to bring the cost down or get extras thrown in).

#40 aaost5

aaost5
                    • 8 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:24 PM

I would love to keep my entire budget around 7500 if possible! What are some of the resorts that people have stayed at in this range?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users