Photo

All inclusive

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Lizzy

Lizzy
  • 501 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 06:18 PM

Hello, Does anyone know of a great AI that isn't going to send me to the poor farm? I was talking to my daughter, Maggie last nite and she has sort of decided on Dreams Tulum. This morning I went to their site and put in the date for next January. It tells me that the least expensive rooms are sold out and the next level is $1,000/nite. Are they kidding me?! I mean it is a gorgeous place, but really! So, on to plan B.
    Any thoughts?

Lizzy
    For the dance, at the reception, Maggie wore her crinoline and a lovely lace top. Looks like Tadd likes it!

Professional Photography by Michael B.www.michaelbstudio.comMinneapolis, MN

#2 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
    • 5,248 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 06:23 PM

Can she do another date? Or is her heart set on that date? Because in actuality I think the Dreams Tulum will be very affordable considering that it is all-inclusive and the wedding reception itself won't cost so much (assuming you don't have 200 guests) Is there anyway that she would be willing to do it for another date? Perhaps there are less expensive rooms for other dates?

#3 Lizzy

Lizzy
      • 501 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 06:27 PM

Her date is special to her and her fiance's mother, so I really don't think she wants to change it.
        For the dance, at the reception, Maggie wore her crinoline and a lovely lace top. Looks like Tadd likes it!

#4 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
        • 5,248 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 06:30 PM

I know Dreams is one of the more affordable ones in that area. All the other ones that I can think of are more high priced. What about the area? Is she willing to change the location? Can she do Dreams Cancun?

#5 Lizzy

Lizzy
          • 501 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 06:40 PM

I don't know if she is interested in changing the location or not. I really wish she would consider Isla, but she thinks it is way too crowded.
            Am I wrong thinking $1000/night is too high?

#6 *JillD*

*JillD*
            • 5,112 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 06:45 PM

$1000 per night seems really high, that wasn't for several days?? That doesn't seem right. I'm getting married at dreams cancun and I don't think the pricing is that much of an extreme difference

Ok, I just went on Dreams Tulum sight, I couldn't pull up any prices for January 08, which might be because its so far away, not sure.

But I did pull up prices for the end of November, just to give you a ballpark idea. For a honeymoon suite for 4 nights it was $1400 pp. There was a lot of other room options as well for $1000 pp, etc...

You may want to check with Tammy(host), (she is a travel agent) to see if she can help, if your daughter is set on dreams tulum.

#7 Lizzy

Lizzy
              • 501 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 06:57 PM

Thanks for the help. I do appreciate it.

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 17 February 2007 - 02:34 PM

lizzy, $1000 per night is very high but it is not uncommon for this to happen if the rooms book quickly or a big group blocks alot of the rooms...

at dreams cabo, we had some rooms block at $319.50 but the unblocked rooms were going for $1100! it was insane!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#9 VALERIE

VALERIE
                • 97 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 12:19 AM

Keep looking and search for a great deal! You will find it!

We went to the Riviera Maya for 7 days and paid $1200 per person (all inclusive).

Good luck!

#10 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
                  • 5,248 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 03:01 PM

Lizzy what about renting a private villa? I can't recall off the top of my head how many guests you are expecting but it might be more cost effective to rent a private villa and have your guest stay there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users