Sign in to follow this  
TammyB

Tres Leches cake?

Do you know how they are typically made, I did a google search and it looks like they are usually yellow cake. But Cain and I are choc. lovers.

Tammy I think Sarah said she just tried tres leches at her site visit at Dreams. She said it was good. Def ask her about it though, I'm sure she can tell you how it is made and what it can be made with.

I'm having tres leches cake. I didn't ask how it was made, but it was two layers of a vanilla-ish yellow cake that was very very very moist (like it's probably almost dripping!) with a creamy frosting on top and between the layers. I didn't even think to ask about choclate cake, neither of us like chocolate cake. I'm sure you could do chocolate frosting if nothing else, I'm not sure about the cake itself though. It was very good, I've had tres leches cake that I loved and tres leches cake that I didn't like quite so much. This was excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMMYM View Post
Do you know how they are typically made, I did a google search and it looks like they are usually yellow cake. But Cain and I are choc. lovers.
I really don't know how it's made but the WC I'm using told me she made tres leches cake with chocolate filling.. I'm guessing they just add the chocolate flavor to the cream..

here's a link:
Tres Leches Cake Recipe

Just remember that a tres leches cake has to be refrigerated (untill right before it is served) and would not hold well in the heat if it out for too long.

Yes it can be done with chocolate cake.