Photo

Club KO anyone?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:32 PM

Boy oh boy...my MOH asked me if I'd go with her to a trial class at this Club KO (not sure how many of these there are across the states!?)...Its a kickboxing class that uses real heavy bags and gloves. So I went with her tonight and 35 mins into the 60 mins class I had to stop. I seriously was about to pass out...I had to go sit on the bench with my head between my legs :-(

She wants me to join...I did enjoy it but the guy was seriously out of control with some of the moves he wanted us to repeat. I already feel hella sore, not sure if i'll be able to move tomorrow.

Has anyone else tried Club KO?

#2 happygilmore

happygilmore
    • 576 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:35 PM

I've never heard of Club KO but I say stick with the kickboxing. It is such a great workout and you'll see great results and I promise...give it a few more classes and it will get easier!!!!!! Good luck!!!!!

#3 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
      • 1,830 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:52 PM

Thx Meagan...I think I'm going to try it a few more times and see. They have a 3-mth membership that would be perfect for me since my wedding is in 4mths. So we'll see.

#4 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
        • 1,881 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:55 PM

i have never done kick boxing, but it sounds like a serious workout. I say go for it!!! you can totally do it. by the end of 3 months you'll be kicking that teacher's a$$ - LITERALLY
          http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
          February 14, 2009

#5 jarauz

jarauz
          • 251 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:56 PM

I've done thier 10-week plans like three times. I lost 25 pounds, but then started school and became lazy. I was ging to pass out to my first day...wait... I think I did pass out. lol..lol...I am going to sign up again. I go the one in Hoboken, New Jersey....Where do you go?

#6 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
            • 1,830 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:09 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jarauz
              I've done thier 10-week plans like three times. I lost 25 pounds, but then started school and became lazy. I was ging to pass out to my first day...wait... I think I did pass out. lol..lol...I am going to sign up again. I go the one in Hoboken, New Jersey....Where do you go?
              I'm thinking about that 10-wk plan also...the next starts on July 12 (the location I went to)...But it was seriously hardcore, I think more hardcore than spinning in my opinion. We went to the one of 46, I think its saddlebrook, maybe...LOL. I have to check again. Its funny you mentioned Hoboken bc the guy said we can visit any location with a membership EXCEPT Hoboken...LOL. I didnt ask why but its funny you go to that location.

#7 Martha

Martha
              • VIP Member
              • 3,906 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:16 PM

Never heard of it...sounds like fun though!

#8 yamille

yamille
                • 1,460 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:22 PM

I've never heard of that but I have kickboxed for years and it will literally work your butt off. I also always feel really satisfied when I finish something that was really hard in the beginning. I did a bootcamp once that seriously almost killed everyone in the class. It was 8 weeks of working out in the middle of central park. Crazy! There were people that threw up and cried. Having said that- when we started noticing that we weren't completely dying anymore we all agreed that we were feeling pretty amazing. I say stick with it! I think you'll feel great.

#9 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
                  • 2,183 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:34 PM

You should keep going, kickboxing is a great workout!

#10 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
                    • 1,830 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:47 PM

thx ladies...I think I'm going to try it again, I have someone to go with me which is a big plus and its very motivating as well to have a gym buddy. I will keep ya'll posted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users