Sign in to follow this  
WSUgal

How long did it take to get back your pro pics?

I am just curious how long it took before you received your professional pics? I am still waiting for my proofs on her website. I just wanted to get a good estimate of time that you had to wait. Thanks for sharing!

Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Rachel View Post
My photog had a time frame stated in the contract- does yours not have a timeline? I think I waited 6 weeks.
I will have to eyeball my contract. She told me in an email two weeks ago that she would have them to me by the end of the week (which would have been last week). On her website it states that she has the proofs to you in 10 working days of your wedding. I haven't heard anything from her! I am dying to see them! (I remember your post about dying to see your pics, too!) I just wondered when I should email her about it. I don't want to rush her, but I also want to see them. I just need your personal opinions!
smile105.gif

I KNOW it is so hard to wait but personally I wouldn't rush. You know you want them to do the best job possible if they start to feel the heat they may weigh out that it's more important to get you off their back rather than making sure everything is perfect. Not all would- but just saying. Hang tough a little more. I know you can. :)

Most wait 2-3 before they get them back...it takes a lot of time to edit the pictures to perfection. Plus most photographers have other weddings/engagements/etc to shoot and edit also.

It sucks to wait, but I bet you will be so happy with the outcome it will have been worth the wait!

Gosh I can't remember how long we waited, I just remember thinking it took forever.. lol If I were to guess I would say about 3 months.

This can vary quite a bit from photographer to photographer. However, a number of factors come into play for all photographers re: the time it takes to post the images online.

Here are some of them:

1. the total amount of images from your day, ttd session and/or rehearsal dinner. Some photographers shoot 3k-4k images or more, and it takes a lot of time to go through and do the color correction, adjust for exposure, contrast, etc. Keep in mind that most photographers shoot digitally, and so they are now not only doing the shooting and the editing, but are also now their own lab as well.

2. If there was a second photographer, then those images must also be edited and adjusted for color correction, exposure, etc., and this will add even more time to the whole process.

3. If you get married during prime wedding season, the photographer will be even busier, as he will be doing more weddings and portrait sessions than during the slower time of the year. And, of course, these other client's weddings also need to be edited, color corrected, etc.

4. Some photographers like to do a lot of adjustments to each of the images prior to posting them online. And, of course, this work takes quite a bit more time.

Hope this helps!

Tod

It varies widely from photographer to photographer, but anywhere from 2-6 weeks is pretty normal. Longer is not unheard of, but I'd expect the photographer to prepare you for that if he/she was likely to take that long.

I was wondering this same thing (I'm sure if I emailed my photographer they'd tell me right away - they always respond immediately, but I just don't think about that much right now). But, they did say that I get ALL of my photos, all enhanced jpegs, on my 1 year anniversary. I can pay extra to get them earlier, but I don't think I will. As long as I can see them and order a few copies I'm fine with that.

If it helps, we try to get the proofs done, and online before the happy couple return from honeymoon. Clearly this is slowed down a bit if we have traveled to the destination with them. So in reality that is about 1-2 weeks of time back in our office

Dependant on what we are doing for them next - albums can take about 6-8 weeks once designed, fineart print box sets about a month, hand printed black and white - six weeks

If the couple is having a storybook type album, the design process might take a month while the provisional album proof bounces back and forth betwen us and the bride

If we are providing an oil or acrylic painting, they can litterally take months and months

So in sumarry, depends what you are ordering, depends on the quantity and size sometimes too. However the "proofs" usually take 1 or 2 weeks

Richard King