Leaving for NY tomorrow!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Leia78

Leia78
  • VIP Member
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:51 AM

It was John's 30th b-day this week. I bought us tix to go to NY this weekend, and we leave tomorrow morning! We're so excited...

I'm a HUGE foodnetwork fan, so somethings on our agenda are to eat of my fave celebrity chef's restaurant: Babbo for dinner, Bar Americain for brunch, and Morimoto for cocktails. We're there from Fri.-Tues. I can't wait to check out the waterfalls!!!!

#2 JennyK

JennyK
    • 3,502 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:55 AM

If you are a foodie - check out Tao restaurant..it's SOOO good

Have fun!

#3 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
      • 1,881 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:59 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Leia78
        It was John's 30th b-day this week. I bought us tix to go to NY this weekend, and we leave tomorrow morning! We're so excited...

I'm a HUGE foodnetwork fan, so somethings on our agenda are to eat of my fave celebrity chef's restaurant: Babbo for dinner, Bar Americain for brunch, and Morimoto for cocktails. We're there from Fri.-Tues. I can't wait to check out the waterfalls!!!!

Leia, we're leaving for NY tomorrow too!!! You wouldn't happen to be on Virgin America at 7am would you
        http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
        February 14, 2009

#4 JennyK

JennyK
        • 3,502 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:02 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by nikkianddean
          Leia, we're leaving for NY tomorrow too!!! You wouldn't happen to be on Virgin America at 7am would you
          I didn't know you were going to be in NYC too! I might be floating around there this weekend since I have a house guest that's never been to the city

#5 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
          • 1,881 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:07 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by JennyK
            I didn't know you were going to be in NYC too! I might be floating around there this weekend since I have a house guest that's never been to the city
            well, I won't be in the city until Wed/Thurs. Dean's family lives in Westchester so we'll be there for the week. One of my best friends lives in Brooklyn so I will come in to visit her during the week!

Oh, and I LOVE Tao. Some of my fave places to eat in NY:

Kelly & Pings (Formerly Khin Khao)
            Dos Caminos
            Sarabeths - amazing b'fast
            Norma's at LeParker Meridien - it's an experience like no other
            Cafe Havana - amazing Cuban food (On Elizabeth St)
            Houstons - I love Houstons ANYWHERE!!!

Mr. & Mrs. C
            February 14, 2009

#6 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
            • 4,881 posts
            • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
            • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
            • LocationNew York

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:43 PM

I love all those restaurants! And save room and go to John's Pizza (Times Square area, on 44th and 8th, I think). They have the best calzone anywhere.

Also, Basso 56. Great nice hole in the wall Italian food. Very authentic. On 56th between 7th and 8th, I think.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#7 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
            • 5,248 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:44 PM

Leia and Nikki have so much fun! You guys should come see me! LOL. One of the best things to sightsee in NY is GLENDA. LOL. I'm like a good broadway show, I'm dark, sarcastic, I'll make you cry, hahaha j/k.

Seriously girls have an amazing time! And try Buddakon b/c its sooooo good! And have some dessert at good old Serendipity!

#8 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
              • 1,881 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:49 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
                Leia and Nikki have so much fun! You guys should come see me! LOL. One of the best things to sightsee in NY is GLENDA. LOL. I'm like a good broadway show, I'm dark, sarcastic, I'll make you cry, hahaha j/k.

Seriously girls have an amazing time! And try Buddakon b/c its sooooo good! And have some dessert at good old Serendipity!
                Glenda you are hilarious!!!

And how could I forget about buddakon!!! so good! The last time I went to morimoto we met him at the sushi bar. AND we were seated one table away from Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelo - HOW HOT ARE THEY!!!

Tried Waverly Inn, but we couldn't get a table - go figure. I was like "Don't yo know who I am?

Mr. & Mrs. C
                February 14, 2009

#9 Leia78

Leia78
                • VIP Member
                • 2,459 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:05 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by nikkianddean
                  Glenda you are hilarious!!!

And how could I forget about buddakon!!! so good! The last time I went to morimoto we met him at the sushi bar. AND we were seated one table away from Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelo - HOW HOT ARE THEY!!!

Tried Waverly Inn, but we couldn't get a table - go figure. I was like "Don't yo know who I am?
                  Dos Caminos is one of my favs too! We ate at Buddakon last time we were there and loved it. I love how the restaurants are such a "scene". And I met Morimoto too when we ate at his restaurant. I'm such a dork, but I was so in shock when I was talking to him...he is an iron chef ya know.

One of my fav memories of Ny was one we were out dancing "down and dirty" on the lower east side, we saw Busta ryhmes at a small bar/club. And when his song came on, he grabbed the mic and started rapping along. This place was tiny so everyone was so hyped. Good times...

#10 Leia78

Leia78
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,459 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:06 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Nrvsbride

Your too funny Glenda. We are going to Serendipity b/c John's never been!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users