Sign in to follow this  
BEACHBRIDEMA

Planning a road trip to Maine!

Hey guys my Hubby and I were planning a last minute road trip to Maine. Just wondering if anyone who is from there or has been to Maine could suggest some places to see, recommend restuarants or hotels! Thanks for all your help!

Sarahpinkie.gif

Hmm...Well, my dad's from Boston and we took a family road trip back east a couple of years back. It's so beautiful back there!!!! If you like seafood then DEFINETELY get lobster while you're back there. They also have AWESOME pizza! Enjoy your time :)

FI and I did a week long tour of Maine and the White Mountains a couple of years ago - it was so beautiful and really clean everywhere.

We stopped at the L.L. Bean Factory Store and bought a big King Size down comforter - i still love it!

We also went to see Poland Springs - i wouldn't recommend it.

Definitely stop on the side of the road along the coast and get some New England Clam Chowder - it is creamy and rich but totally worth eating when you are there.

IMHO, lobster rolls are totally over-rated and not good at all (it is basically lobster and mayo on a hot dog roll). you are better off eating fresh Lobster with corn and potatoes - much better and cleaner!

What else? hhhmm, oh, yeah fresh blueberries - OMG i have never had better blueberries.

have fun Sarah and take some pics for us!