Beach Permits

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jovanbell

jovanbell
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:07 PM

Hi Ladies,

Does anyone have info about the beach permits for weddings? I spoke to someone a while ago and they said you didn't need one, now I'm hearing you due in fact need a permit.

Jovan

#2 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
    • 1,131 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:59 PM

I've never heard of a beach permit. If it is required, my WC must be getting it, but (unless it changed very recently) I don't believe you need one.

#3 Chiquita

Chiquita
      • 2,674 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:19 PM

My WC JUST told me we now need a permit for the beach. Ugh. Not sure on prices yet though.. she said she didnt think it would be that much and she would let me know

#4 jovanbell

jovanbell
        • 6 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:30 PM

Hi Chiquita,

Can you ask your WC how I can obtain a permit? I not working with one right now and I'm not sure who I need to contact.

#5 Chiquita

Chiquita
          • 2,674 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:32 PM

Sure.. I'll post up once I know more info

#6 litl_april

litl_april
            • 351 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:35 PM

Hi all! I believe you do in fact now need a permit for any beach wedding. The coordinator I am working with, when I recently talked to her, said she has been busy organizing many of them last minute due to law changes. When I checked out the government page I believe it said the change takes effect in August. I would presume you would apply through the government...maybe the park district or something, but I really don't know for sure. If I hear more I'll be sure to let you know!! Good luck!
              Official website for the government of the County of Maui
              hawaii.gov

#7 Kristie O

Kristie O
              • Banned
              • 369 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:24 PM

ive been hearing since i started this job that you need permits on san diego beaches for pro pics anyway...the dollar amount of 1,000 has crossed my path even if its only an engagement session or any pro pics. im not sure of the real amount though, ive gotten away with my sessions because i dont make a big deal in front of people. its also true for pro pics/e-session pics on any private property like a hotel, they want you to buy a permit for the session and its not too cheap i hear. even store fronts on a public street dont want you taking pics out front.

#8 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
                • 1,131 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:19 PM

My WC just contacted me & told me the fee is $20 for the permit. (FYI)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users