December 2008 brides

We can't go to your wedding...because the flight connects during our child's NAP TIMEhuh.gif? Is that for real? That is ridiculous - children are very versitile, and can adapt to change much better than adults. I'm soooo sorry you are going through this. HUGS To you.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ladies,

Just checking it. I, too, am a December bride. My FI and I will be wedded on December 6th at RIU Montego Bay in Jamaica. I have TONS of things left to do. We have mailed and emailed invites. Our website is up and ready. 17 people have booked thus far. The WC and I have been communicating daily. I have ordered RSVP reminder postcards from Vistaprint to be mailed on or around September 24th. But my "To Do" list is still 3 pages long. I hope to be down to a page and a 1/2 by the end of September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
We can't go to your wedding...because the flight connects during our child's NAP TIMEhuh.gif? Is that for real? That is ridiculous - children are very versitile, and can adapt to change much better than adults. I'm soooo sorry you are going through this. HUGS To you.
I know. frown.gif It's so sad for FI too, because up til about a week ago we thought his own brother wasn't going to come either... They are so weird about their kid. I keep telling him to slap me if I ever do something so bizarre when we have kids. The funniest is that she is absolutely such a sweet little girl. Oh well :shrug:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
Hi Ladies,
Just checking it. I, too, am a December bride. My FI and I will be wedded on December 6th at RIU Montego Bay in Jamaica.
Hi Indigo!!! Welcome to the December thread!
Sounds like you're on a roll!cheer2.gif

Ladies: I have been SO productive, even despite all this dumb drama.
This past week I've made a few rhinestone tank tops (BM ones that are so cute!), worked on our OOT bags (Iron-on transfers) and started our pre-wedding brochure.
My thought is that I want to send that out to everyone who is coming and those who haven't RSVP'd yet to get them in gear! (and to show them what a good time it'll be).

Are all of you doing these as well? If so, when were yout hinking of sending them out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevsgirl View Post
I know. frown.gif It's so sad for FI too, because up til about a week ago we thought his own brother wasn't going to come either... They are so weird about their kid. I keep telling him to slap me if I ever do something so bizarre when we have kids. The funniest is that she is absolutely such a sweet little girl. Oh well :shrug:

Hi Indigo!!! Welcome to the December thread!
Sounds like you're on a roll!cheer2.gif

Ladies: I have been SO productive, even despite all this dumb drama.
This past week I've made a few rhinestone tank tops (BM ones that are so cute!), worked on our OOT bags (Iron-on transfers) and started our pre-wedding brochure.
My thought is that I want to send that out to everyone who is coming and those who haven't RSVP'd yet to get them in gear! (and to show them what a good time it'll be).

Are all of you doing these as well? If so, when were yout hinking of sending them out?

Pre-wedding brochures sounds like a great idea. Maybe we could use that to incorporate our "last call" for RSVPing message around mid October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
Pre-wedding brochures sounds like a great idea. Maybe we could use that to incorporate our "last call" for RSVPing message around mid October.
That's kind of like my idea, because we've only received 3 RSVP's so far with a due date of Oct 1... doh.gif
I also have that FI's parents booked his grandmother's room back in the spirng when she wanted to come and now that she's cancelled, they will lose their $500 deposit. So I was going to let everyone who hasn't RSVP'd know that there is a room held at a lower price range, in case people try to book and all the cheaper rooms are taken.

But I don't even want to do that, because if I send out that email and everyone just emails me back and says they're not coming, then I can't send out the brochures and I don't get the rant.gif RSVPs back.
Does no one understand simple protocolhuh.gif rant.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_bride View Post
How is everyone doing with their planning? Time is flying now for us! When did everyone make their RSVP dates for?
Planning has been going really slow for me since I've had to deal with Hurricane Ike smile27.gif I'm hoping to get back on track with the wedding this weekend.

As for my RSVP date...it was 9/19 & I've only received 9 back. Did I mention that I sent out 45 invites?wtf.gif Needless to say I'm extremely annoyed about this!! Why can't folks just do what is asked of them?

Our RSVP deadline was October 1.

On our pre-wedding brochures, that I'm planning on mailing to everyone who hasn't replied and those who have, I'm saying we need to know by Nov 1. frown.gif

We have received one RSVP more! Some more of FI's friends are coming (his friend and gf) and they just got engaged this weekend too!thewave.gif

I'm a bit nervous about the whole shower thing. Any of you have weird shower situations?

I did my RSVP date by 10/1. We've gotten a lot back so far but still waiting on a bunch. What else have you all been up to? This weekend I have my first dress fitting for alterations! I'm excited. I probably won't do much else. The next big things for me:

I want to get the iron ons done on the OOT bags

Finish the write up for the travel booklet we're going to send to all confirmed guests early November.

Figure out what the h*ll to buy for the parents and my attendants. I'm stumped.

there's a lot more but those are the biggies...

I did a ton of work but haven't posted any pics (don't shoot me!!!)

- I did all the iron-ons for my OOT bags and I'm pretty happy with them

- I did 1 of 2 BM tanks with iron-on rhinestones. I like it!

- I have been working on our pre-wedding brochure and it is finally nearly like 95% ready to go. We're just waiting on info from the WC and trying to firm up our week so we can include that information.

I think I'm in a bit of a lull right now.

You must be so excited for your first fitting! I am absolutely dying to get my dress in (mid-November)!!!