Photo

December 2008 brides

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#191 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 10:25 PM

Eek! on the dress fitting and the problems with your resort... I hope everything is smooth from here on in, Simistar.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Simistar
    I still feel like I have lots to do even though I'm slowly but surely ticking off my to-do list...
    (It's like I tick off one thing, then add two more, haha:-))
    I'm right here with you. It's a bit unnerving!

I did a lot of shopping today and yesterday. Tonight I've just finished printing up all my place cards. I cracked and just bought some Martha Stewart ones. They're cute (the eyelet ones). Althought I nearly had a breakdown when i couldn't figure out how the template worked online. FI figured it out finally. Whew!
    I also bought some ecofetti and attempted to stuff some into these little envelopes and got it all over the floor.
    FI put the little stickers on the bottom of the Hershey kisses and that was his contribution. :P

FI was really sick last night, and I slept most of Saturday, so I feel like this weekend wasn't quite as productive as I was hoping it would be, but what can you do?

I can't believe how little time we have left.

Eek!

#192 Simistar

Simistar
    • 645 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 04:22 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by kevsgirl
      Tonight I've just finished printing up all my place cards. I cracked and just bought some Martha Stewart ones. They're cute (the eyelet ones). Althought I nearly had a breakdown when i couldn't figure out how the template worked online. FI figured it out finally. Whew!
      I think I know that breakdown! In fact, I think we are intimately aquainted

I'm starting to fee the pressure of having too much to do and not enough time to do it in:)
      I'm actually off today, so I PLAN on getting a whack of stuff done...but we'll see...the best laid plans... :-)

I think we're ALL going to need these vacations! :-)

#193 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
      • 1,209 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 12:53 AM

FI and I just got married!!!

We both booked the afternoon off today and went to the courthouse to do our legal ceremony before our 'real' wedding in Mexico.

I'm going to go off and post a thread on it right now!

I'm married!!! but it's a secret.... LOL!

#194 amy706

amy706
        • 506 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 11:27 AM

CONGRATULATIONS KEVSGRL!!!!! So exciting!!!
          Amy706
          Washington, DC
          Dreams Tulum
          December 5, 2008
          Pro Pics- Citlalli from Claudia Rodriguez:http://claudiaphoto...../december/a_m/Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t31997Dreams Tulum Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t33518http://ticker...

#195 arhoyaltres

arhoyaltres
          • 154 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 11:38 AM

So Kevsgirl....will you be able to keep the secret until your DW?!?! I don't think that I could.

We are having a legal day, but I've already told our parents that it's happening and that they are not invited. (Didn't want to be unfair since my parents live in Houston like us but my FI parents live in NYC.) I know I wouldn't be able to keep that secret to myself...I could easily see myself referring to myself as a MRS...lol!

#196 Simistar

Simistar
            • 645 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 03:49 PM

CONGRATS KEVSGIRL!

That's funny you're keeping it a secret...we are too:-)
              We actually legally got married about a month and a half ago...the only people who know are our witnesses, who are coming to the wedding:-)

(it's a long story why we did it so soon before our Mexico wedding...)

Anywaaaay, more news for you Kevsgirl!

I have a friend who's in Mexico right now, and she was just at a wedding at the Shangri-La Caribe this past weekend!

She said everyone had a great time...the food was good, the ceremony was lovely etc...
              She said she had no "you should look out for this" comments...It was all good:-)

I asked if she had any pics, and she said she'd try to send me some, but didn't think hers were very good b/c of where they were sitting and the amount of alcohol they drank, haha:-)

(She's actually staying in Mexico for five weeks...so she's coming to our wedding too:-))

Anyway, if she has any pics, I'll PM you to send them to you:-)

#197 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
              • 1,209 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:02 AM

Thanks you guys! I feel like it's a bit surreal. Simistar - congrats! I didn't know you were already legally married. :) So do you feel like it's really official or do you think the DW will really make it real for you?

At work they made me spill the beans (my 2 bosses). They wanted to announce it to our small team while we were out for lunch. So they did and it was fun. I showed some pics and they gave me a present and a card. It was really sweet!

I missed hanging with my husband tonight - he took the day off work and then I went to pick up my dress straight from work and it was not fixed. I was kind of horrified - I put it on and there were bumps coming out the sides and the cups were totally not right.

The seamsress was pretty upset too. She's super cute, but she kind of pissed me off tonight. She was obviously quite frustrated by the dress and was insinuating/blaming me for picking a dress that didn't do what I wanted it to do... she said that since I wanted it tailored to my hips, and it wasn't supposed to go that way, it made the bumps. Ummm no, it's because it wasn't sewn right. So she fixed that while I waited and let it out a bit so it hung a bit better. But the cups are totally messed up. She came up with a good solution (I think). Now let's pray that it's fixed by next week. She has to cut into under the bust because there's no seam. I'm a little worried...
                Also, she kept going on about how she had to take all the beads off and then sew them back on. I was like - why didn't you have me come over and try it on before doing that So this time, I made her promise she'd call me to come try it on before going back to sewing everythign back on if it doesn't fit. Blah!

#198 Simistar

Simistar
                • 645 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 08:50 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by kevsgirl
                  Thanks you guys!
                  I went to pick up my dress straight from work and it was not fixed. I was kind of horrified - I put it on and there were bumps coming out the sides and the cups were totally not right.
                  WHAAAAAT??
                  I'd be pretty pissed too... I mean, if she doesn't know how to do something, she should SAY so! Or at least consult you, or whatever...
                  I REALLY hope this works out for you!
                  Keep us posted! I'm SURE it will all be fine...but yeesh! who needs the aggravation??

#199 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
                  • 1,209 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:51 AM

Quote:
                    To be honest...It doesn't feel any different:-) Not YET anyway:-)
                    For us, our Mexico wedding is the "real" one...We're not even wearing rings or anything:-)
                    That's how we're sort of taking it too. No ring exchange, only a few people know at work. It's all good. We keep calling eachother "secret wife" and "secret husband". It's fun :blush:

Quote:
                    WHAAAAAT??
                    I'd be pretty pissed too... I mean, if she doesn't know how to do something, she should SAY so! Or at least consult you, or whatever...
                    I REALLY hope this works out for you!
                    Keep us posted! I'm SURE it will all be fine...but yeesh! who needs the aggravation??
                    UPDATE ON FITTING:
                    I worked a whole day today and then we had an event on way out in the west end, which I worked at until 7pm. I'm exhausted. I finally got home tonight at 8pm and the seamstress had called to see if I could come to try on the dress.
                    Of course, I just took right off again for her place. It's WAY better. PHEW! Thank goodness. She fixed up the cups. She fixed up the sides. The cups were very weird and hard to fix. She ended up making a seam to get rid of all the extra material. She needs to reposition the beads along the under bustline to cover the seam. I think it's going to look gorgeous.
                    But man oh man she said agian how if I'd been a real size 14 there would be no problem. WTF?: Shut up! I mean seriously! I know that she basically had to redesign the dress to suit me. You're a seamstress for god's sake!

Oh well, it's done. I will probably get to pick it up on Monday.

And now I have a shower weekend! Tomorrow's the family one.

#200 Simistar

Simistar
                    • 645 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:35 PM

Kevsgirl -- glad to hear the dress is better! whoo-hoo ;-) One LESS thing to worry about :-) Sounds like you had/are having a jam-packed weekend...hope your showers were fun!

I FINALLY had my second fitting today -- yay! AND I brought a camera...so will post pics:-)
                      The seamstress just has to tweak a few things (the bustle and the waist), but then it's good to go! (am picking it up Wednesday night...)

AND, thank GAWD, I think I've made my final trip to the freakin' craft store! :-) Bought my final cardstock and double-sided tape, haha:-)
                      At least, I HOPE that was my last trip

Okay, will try to post pics of my dress here :-)

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users