Photo

Does anyone know of a good appetite supressant?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#11 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
  • VIP Member
  • 18,452 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:12 PM

That is stupid. Our bodies work in strange ways. i do have to admit that i've been trying to drink more water and i have been not feeling like i'm hungry 24/7 like usual.
    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#12 jajajaja

jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:16 PM

Have you done the insulin testing? I don't know what the test is called but you fast then drink some sugary stuff every two hours while they draw blood and wait for you to "crash." I did that last year but apparently I didn't listen to the doctor much to cut out flour and sugar and subsequently gained 10 lbs in a year.
      Happily married since 2008

#13 Yari

Yari
      • VIP Member
      • 10,928 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:19 PM

Rachel - I am happy you went to the doctors and got a full check up. Good luck, I know you can do it!

#14 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
        • Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:20 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek
        Do you drink a lot of water? I know if you don't drink a lot of water your body will think your hungry when your really just thirsty. I saw that somewhere on here.
        oh i've heard this too, and you know what i bet that's why ive not been going crazy hungry this last week. i know i never drink enough water, so i wanted to make sure i do this last week before the wedding so i feel really good. but i havent been as hungry either.

#15 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
        • 1,881 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:28 PM

I don;t have any good advice. I am generally leary of appetite suppressants. Coffee usually works for me if I am trying to stave off hunger...Have you increased your exercise lately? That can make you hungry and you should def eat!!!

I feel your pain on the no-carbs thing Rachel. I try (and fail). Sometimes I have the mental will to do it. Other times I simply can't. Good luck!!
          http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
          February 14, 2009

#16 JennyK

JennyK
          • 3,502 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:33 PM

I've taken some pills before that suppressed my appetite and made me really thirsty (in turn peeing my brains out and losing 3 lbs in a day). I wish I knew the name bc they were given to me

#17 Celina

Celina
            • Banned
            • 2,811 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:38 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
              Have you done the insulin testing? I don't know what the test is called but you fast then drink some sugary stuff every two hours while they draw blood and wait for you to "crash." I did that last year but apparently I didn't listen to the doctor much to cut out flour and sugar and subsequently gained 10 lbs in a year.
              The only time I did was when I was pregnant. I did some bloodwork in February and my doctor said I was fine. She had me on a prescription weight loss drug - Meridia - but the prescription was SO expensive. ($130 a month) I have also taken phentramine, which works but after a while your body gets immune to it. Actually, I think that is what happens with most stuff anyway.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by JennyK
              I've taken some pills before that suppressed my appetite and made me really thirsty (in turn peeing my brains out and losing 3 lbs in a day). I wish I knew the name bc they were given to me
              Hmmm...if you find out let me know. On a side note Jenny - your new siggy pic is awesome! You and FI look good together! (But I bet you already knew that !) :)
              "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#18 JennyK

JennyK
              • 3,502 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:40 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by SoontobeMrsE

Hmmm...if you find out let me know. On a side note Jenny - your new siggy pic is awesome! You and FI look good together! (But I bet you already knew that !) :)
                I know it's not an "on the market" kind of pills.. KWIM? I've been trying to find more myself so once I do, I'll let you know.

Another suggestion that I know works is acupuncture. I know two women that did it for cravings and they lost A LOT of weight.

and thank you! That was taken when I was blonde. My hair changes with the seasons..I have pink in my hair now lol

#19 Celina

Celina
                • Banned
                • 2,811 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:55 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JennyK
                  I know it's not an "on the market" kind of pills.. KWIM? I've been trying to find more myself so once I do, I'll let you know.

Another suggestion that I know works is acupuncture. I know two women that did it for cravings and they lost A LOT of weight.

and thank you! That was taken when I was blonde. My hair changes with the seasons..I have pink in my hair now lol

Yes I know what you mean :) Hmmm...I'll have to see on the accupuncture. I have gotten it in the past for a back injury, but it made the pain worse. I never thought of it for anything else. How cute that you have pink hair! Is it sort of like Jess on Rock of Love?
                  "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#20 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
                  • 2,262 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:02 PM

All I've ever used is water - it works for me

Its the boredum at work that makes you hungry,even if you are really busy, I think its your body's way of saying you need to retire and have a life of leisure lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users