Jump to content

Photo

Does anyone know of a good appetite supressant?


  • Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Celina

Celina
  • Banned
  • 2,811 posts

    Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:20 AM

    Does anyone know of a good over the counter appetite supressant?

    I swear - I could eat all day! I dont' know what is wrong with me. I am hungry all the time! I don't know if it is my nerves, PMS or what!

    But I need some serious help before I have my jaw wired shut!!
    "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

    #2 jajajaja

    jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

      Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:26 AM

      Celina- I actually just had an appointment with my doctor and went through a ton of blood work. One of the meds he put me on was Bontril (or phendimentrazine). It's a short term appetite suppressant- which I really needed to help kick start my lifestyle change. I've been on it a week and I have noticed it had really helped to control my hunger. You may want to see your doctor and go through some of the same stuff I did.

      Apparently, I'm "insulin resistant" as well as hypoglycemic. I'm trying not to eat ANY flour products as well as potatoes. He told me to eat only 15mg of protein per meal. Essentially, a lot of fruits and veggies. :) I've been pretty successful all week and I hope to continue down the right path.
      Happily married since 2008

      #3 ACDCDCAC

      ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

      Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:28 AM

      oh man, WAY before i ever needed it i used to take dexatrim. it worked ok, but not fantastic. i've always been an eater, but its just the last 6 years it's started, uh, sticking to my ribs? hahaha

      but also drinking lemon water has helped me the last week, i just keep some with me all the time, and when i'm hungry i have a sip instead.

      btw, i keep meaning to ask you what you do at DEN? my mom was just there and i told her to look for you, but i felt bad i couldnt tell her where to find you :)

      #4 BEACHBRIDEMA

      BEACHBRIDEMA
      • Sr. Member
      • 3,491 posts

        Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:32 AM

        A good one which is healthy and safe for you is PGX daily. It helps to reduce cravings and also makes you feel more full so you eat less. It is also really good for diabatics b/c it lowers the glycemic index of foods, which also helps with weight loss, especially in the mid section
        Sarah
        <a href="http://s162.photobuc...entation2-2.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i162.photobuc...entation2-2.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>Wedding slideshow: http://www.juancarlo...com/sarah18/...

        #5 jajajaja

        jajajaja
        • VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

          Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:32 AM

          My doctor just told me some diet pills that work in a healthy way. I of course can't remember the names of them. I will ask my mom to remember for me. :)
          Happily married since 2008

          #6 ACDCDCAC

          ACDCDCAC
          • Moderators
          • 25,218 posts
          • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
          • LocationSeattle

          Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:36 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
          Celina- I actually just had an appointment with my doctor and went through a ton of blood work. One of the meds he put me on was Bontril (or phendimentrazine). It's a short term appetite suppressant- which I really needed to help kick start my lifestyle change. I've been on it a week and I have noticed it had really helped to control my hunger. You may want to see your doctor and go through some of the same stuff I did.
          hmmmm, i wonder if this would work for me too. i always want to eat. everything always sounds good and i've always got cravings. i was so proud of myself last night when doug offered "i'll buy/you fly" ice cream sundaes, and i said NO!
          Apparently, I'm "insulin resistant" as well as hypoglycemic. I'm trying not to eat ANY flour products as well as potatoes.
          uggggh, that is so hard, but i know you can do it! my aunt is hypoglycemic too, and she always has to eat lots of small meals, and she keep little packs of peanuts in her purse in case she needs to fuel up in between.
          He told me to eat only 15mg of protein per meal. Essentially, a lot of fruits and veggies. :) I've been pretty successful all week and I hope to continue down the right path.
          you can do it rach! we have faith in you.

          #7 jajajaja

          jajajaja
          • VIP Member
          • 9,794 posts

            Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:47 AM

            Thanks Abbie. I bawled my eyes out for about half a day though. God how pathetic is that. It's dooms day when a dr tells you no more bread, sugar, potatoes. LOL

            Steve looked at me like I was psycho but I think the gets it now becuase he's been eating like me for the past week. LOL He just gets to have more chicken than I do.
            Happily married since 2008

            #8 DanielleNDerek

            DanielleNDerek
            • VIP Member
            • 18,452 posts

              Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:50 AM

              I don't know any healthy pills but i'm interested if anyone else knew any.

              Do you drink a lot of water? I know if you don't drink a lot of water your body will think your hungry when your really just thirsty. I saw that somewhere on here.
              ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
              Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
              Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

              #9 jajajaja

              jajajaja
              • VIP Member
              • 9,794 posts

                Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:03 PM

                That's true Danielle. Your brain has a hard time deciphering between thirst and hunger. Stupid thing huh?
                Happily married since 2008

                #10 Celina

                Celina
                • Banned
                • 2,811 posts

                  Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:10 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
                  Celina- I actually just had an appointment with my doctor and went through a ton of blood work. One of the meds he put me on was Bontril (or phendimentrazine). It's a short term appetite suppressant- which I really needed to help kick start my lifestyle change. I've been on it a week and I have noticed it had really helped to control my hunger. You may want to see your doctor and go through some of the same stuff I did.

                  Apparently, I'm "insulin resistant" as well as hypoglycemic. I'm trying not to eat ANY flour products as well as potatoes. He told me to eat only 15mg of protein per meal. Essentially, a lot of fruits and veggies. :) I've been pretty successful all week and I hope to continue down the right path.
                  Yeah - we went through this already. She said I was fine. (Isn't that bad when you find out your fine, but at the same time are disappointed that nothing is wrong with you)?? I have been pretty good about cutting the carbs. You can do it Rachel - you are right it is a lifestyle change!

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Abbie
                  oh man, WAY before i ever needed it i used to take dexatrim. it worked ok, but not fantastic. i've always been an eater, but its just the last 6 years it's started, uh, sticking to my ribs? hahaha
                  A good one which is healthy and safe for you is PGX daily. It helps to reduce cravings and also makes you feel more full so you eat less. It is also really good for diabatics b/c it lowers the glycemic index of foods, which also helps with weight loss, especially in the mid section
                  Sarah
                  Where do you get PGX daily? I think I need to read more about glycemic indexes. Rachel mentioned it too. I definitely could do some reducing in the midsection for sure!!!

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
                  Thanks Abbie. I bawled my eyes out for about half a day though. God how pathetic is that. It's dooms day when a dr tells you no more bread, sugar, potatoes. LOL

                  Steve looked at me like I was psycho but I think the gets it now becuase he's been eating like me for the past week. LOL He just gets to have more chicken than I do.
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek
                  I don't know any healthy pills but i'm interested if anyone else knew any.

                  Do you drink a lot of water? I know if you don't drink a lot of water your body will think your hungry when your really just thirsty. I saw that somewhere on here.
                  Yeah - speaking of which, I need to go fill up my glass of water!
                  "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"




                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users