Photo

Centerpiece Help

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Cattie

Cattie
  • 594 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:37 AM

So we (my FMIL) has decided we're now having an AHR. So in trying to save some money, my mother, MoH and sister in law are going to be doing alot of the work ourselves. We're doing all the invitations, place cards, table numbers, centerpieces, favors and such ourselves. This of course is along with doing OOT bags!

My origional idea was a taller votive type glass container with sand and shells in it. With about 6 votive candles surrounding it, of course lit during dinner.

However now, I picked up DIY invitations and stickers that have the Linked Hearts on them. So I kinda have a heart theme going on now! So instead of doing the shells, what can I do that has the same type of idea, yet incorperating hearts! BTW everything is gold and ivory.

I'm at a loss! Even though I have plenty of time before the wedding, I just want to get an idea of what I'm going to do since I'm sure its going to sneak up on me!!

#2 KLK

KLK
    • 205 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:38 AM

ok, so not the best pic, but you could do something like this? What kind of flowers are you doing? Red flowers/roses would look good on top, then have a gold heart hanging from bottom of flowers on fishline. Glass vase filled with water with chrystals/gems/hearts on bottom?
      Click the image to open in full size.
      Best wishes! :)

#3 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
      • 4,881 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
      • LocationNew York

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:45 AM

You can find those heart-shaped glass jewels fairly easily. i don't know how expensive they are, but you could put those in the candles.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#4 merocket59

merocket59
      • 937 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:01 PM

What about making a heart around the candles with sand? Like pour the sand into the shape of a heart around the base of the candles, do you know what I mean? And then you can still through a few shells in if you want to combine your themes.

#5 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:37 PM

Maybe you can find heart shaped vases like these:

Then you could still fill them with sand and shells in them if you wanted.

Or another take on megans' idea is to get wide vases, put sand in them, and make a heart shape with your finger in the sand. I don't know if that would look okay.
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#6 Cattie

Cattie
          • 594 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:49 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek
            Maybe you can find heart shaped vases like these:

Then you could still fill them with sand and shells in them if you wanted.

Or another take on megans' idea is to get wide vases, put sand in them, and make a heart shape with your finger in the sand. I don't know if that would look okay.
            Ah I love this idea, now to find heart shaped vases that won't cost a small fortune!!! Pink sand (since we're getting married in Bermuda) natural colored shells. Then 6 or so ivory votive candles surrounding it. That should work!

It incorperates the fact that we where married on the beach in Bermuda and since my FMIL decided we needed to have an AHR and I'm trying to save some money for all of us we're doing alot of DIY stuff. So linked hearts tied with the beach is now our "theme"!!

Thanks for the help, any other bright ideas are always welcome.

#7 1elephant

1elephant
            • VIP Member
            • 15,998 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:52 PM

what about heart shaped candles?
              found this doing a quick google search:
              valentine's day wedding theme : Heart Shaped Votives - Set of 6 - 8411-

#8 Cattie

Cattie
              • 594 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:58 PM

I had saw those Lauren. However I was planning on lighting them during the reception, I figured something that small would burn out quite quick. So I'm wanting to go with more of a votive then a tea light.

We shall see! We don't plan on actually starting them until after the new year. I just want to keep my eye on prices and see if I can manage to get some stuff on sale. I'd rather spend money on our actual wedding then the AHR to keep people happy We won't discuss what I'm going through trying to pick a place to have it. Thats a whole other thread that I'm not going to start!!

#9 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
                • 1,574 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:18 AM

You know, for something really inexpensive but that would still look nice would be to just buy plain glass vases and fix seashells in the shape of the heart on the outside. I would do taller vases and then make the hearts taller - that's more artistic than a rounder, full heart. Then I would fill part of the vase with sand and put a votive in the middle. At night, the light will shine through the seashells and should give it a really pretty effect.

#10 cincin

cincin
                  • 109 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 01:10 AM

You could do a floating candle inside of the tall glass container. Just depends on how large the glass container/vase will be. I know there is a store called Hobby Lobby around my way, and they have heart shaped floating candles!! That would look really good if you are wanting the floating candles.

We are using floating candles (round ones) and putting rose petals in the cylinder vase.

I hope this helps! Just more ideas!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users