Photo

user titles- just curious

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 aimee!

aimee!
  • 696 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:00 PM

i love being a "noob" to this forum. i am totally addicted, and DH has started making fun of me when he catches me in the act [daily...]

but i am wondering when the "noob" status will change to something a little more exciting. i did a little search, but quickly gave up because i know somebody will reply to this at lightning speed.

is it # of posts, time since joining, ... points??

thanks ladies!!
    Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#2 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:02 PM

I beleive it has to do with number of posts, but I don't recall the exact number. Just participate in the forum (you have to give as well as take), and your status will change in no time at all!

#3 Kat81

Kat81
      • VIP Member
      • 7,615 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:03 PM

I'm not sure how it works... but it is exciting when your status changes lol

#4 aimee!

aimee!
        • 696 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:05 PM

thanks for the speedy reply! i knew you ladies would pull through. :)
          Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#5 KarmaB

KarmaB
          • 796 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:41 PM

I think you are actually pretty close. I'm pretty sure it changes after 30.

#6 Martha

Martha
            • VIP Member
            • 3,906 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:02 AM

Ya, it changes by the amount of posts...so post away!

Also when you get enough points in the bank, you can change yours like mine! Well, but you don't love Jay nor Noah, so obviously yours will be different!

#7 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,504 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:05 AM

I don't know that it says anywhere what the different categories are - Lurker, Noob, Full, etc. I think someone mentioned that they had increased so who knows. I look at it like a surprise when the title changes. As far as I know nothing special happens and it doesn't effect your points (it goes by post count), it mainly just shows how obsessed you are with the forum!

#8 Tracy

Tracy
                • 281 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:13 AM

Great question...i've been wondering the same thing. I also appear to have just run out of points (as i've been dowloading attachments like a crazy woman these last two days) - so if anyone has lots of points and they'd be willing to share, please feel free - i'm starting to do boarding passes - so i've been opening up and looking at templates (not realizing that it costs me each time i do that) - oops......
                  I'm constantly thrilled and amazed at the information i find on here....whatever question i have, there seems to be an answer for. Thank you to my friend Ali for directing me to this site - it ROCKS!

#9 Martha

Martha
                  • VIP Member
                  • 3,906 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:19 AM

Tracy, I'll give ya some points, but only if you promise to keep posting at least until your wedding....and we expect planning pictures before you leave on your wedding! ha!

Oh and make sure you save all the files you open. Points coming your way!

#10 Tracy

Tracy
                    • 281 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:22 AM

Thank you my fellow San Antonio girl - i really, really appreciate that. I will keep posting and reading and sharing.....before and after. I don't think i've done a full day of work since I found this web-site...good thing I work from home - ha ha. THANKS Martha (btw, did you check out the ETS site for job postings?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users