Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Samantha S

Anyone Else's flights to Mexico Getting Canceled?!

Recommended Posts

We in Canada are going through the same things. Due to the fuel surcharges forever increasing, Air Canada, among others I assume, has recently cancelled all departing flights during the week (Monday to Friday) for the summer months (only, I think) from Calgary, Toronto and Vancouver.

 

For our May 2009 wedding, we recently had to re-book everything to work around the Saturday/Sunday departures that are now available. Fortunately, we were able to secure a new wedding date, and our photographers had not yet accepted another wedding that day.

 

My fingers are also crossed...that this is the worst that could happen. And no more flight changes for us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no! This is not good!

Everytime I travel for work I get delayed several hours, but no cancellations yet.

I'm worried by the time I have my wedding in 2010 the costs of a flight will double

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are on our our 3rd flight change. First American canceled the direct flight we were on, and we were put on a connecting flight in Dallas. The layover was only 30 minutes so our TA was nervous that we wouldn't have enough time, and since we are flying out of O'Hare where flights are always screwed up or delayed we switched to a connection in Miami with a longer layover. Then, our TA found a direct flight on United so now we are booked on that and so is my BM and her husband so that worked out. I'm still pissed about the baggage charges, but what are you gonna do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My fiance and I are traveling on a direct flight to Mexico with Continental. I hope that we will not have we won't have to deal with cancellations because that makes me nervous since the majority of those traveling from Houston to my wedding are on that same flight. And if it was to get cancelled, there would be 12 folks (booked so far) that I would have to worry get to the resort on time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're flying with Alaskan Airlines and so are all of our guests because at the time, they were the only airline that flew direclty from Los Angeles to Cancun. Well, a few weeks ago over half of my guests were notified that Alaskan now cancelled all flights from Cancun to LA for all Tuesdays until the end of the year! Most of my guests were staying from Wednesday through Tuesday and now they were automatically booked for a Wednesday flight. I feel terrible because one more day is causing some problems with a few people because of baby-sitting issues, finances, etc. I've been stressing out that Alaskan will choose another day to cancel their flights, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have had some time changes, but no cancelations so far. All 20 of us are flying together and the plane is full. If they cancel us I will really be pissed. Keeping my figures crossed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My advice to you ladies is to demand (or your TAs demand) for comparable flights. They tried to give us a flight that got in several hours later and I told the agent that is not what our guests paid for. She changed it to a flight the day before and tried to require them to pay a $100 change fee and the difference and I was like 'hell no!' and she changed at no cost. I'm not usually rude to customer service people because I've done it before and seen how crazy people can get towards people who have no control but we're talking not just about people having to buy extra nights of hotel but like Mrs. Martin said, people needing daycare, having to work and so on. But she was downright rude from the get-go and it is American's responsibility to fix it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlomlad View Post
this scares me how did you find out that your flights were cancelled?
They sent us emails both times. I honestly think it is only happening to flights that are scheduled relatively far out so you are probably safe given your wedding is literally around the corner (which we all can't wait for!).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay2679 View Post
We in Canada are going through the same things. Due to the fuel surcharges forever increasing, Air Canada, among others I assume, has recently cancelled all departing flights during the week (Monday to Friday) for the summer months (only, I think) from Calgary, Toronto and Vancouver.

For our May 2009 wedding, we recently had to re-book everything to work around the Saturday/Sunday departures that are now available. Fortunately, we were able to secure a new wedding date, and our photographers had not yet accepted another wedding that day.

Oh my gosh, no flights Monday - Friday? That means everyone has to stay a minimum of a week-- yikes! Some of our guests are coming only for 4 or 5 days.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Martin View Post
We're flying with Alaskan Airlines and so are all of our guests because at the time, they were the only airline that flew direclty from Los Angeles to Cancun. Well, a few weeks ago over half of my guests were notified that Alaskan now cancelled all flights from Cancun to LA for all Tuesdays until the end of the year! Most of my guests were staying from Wednesday through Tuesday and now they were automatically booked for a Wednesday flight. I feel terrible because one more day is causing some problems with a few people because of baby-sitting issues, finances, etc. I've been stressing out that Alaskan will choose another day to cancel their flights, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed...
That SUCKS! I wonder how accommodating Alaskan was to you and your guests? American was downright rude. I pulled the '50 people are coming to my wedding and most are flying American' card and she softened up a TINY bit. I told her frontier is now offering better flights at the same or better prices.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by arhoyaltres View Post
My fiance and I are traveling on a direct flight to Mexico with Continental. I hope that we will not have we won't have to deal with cancellations because that makes me nervous since the majority of those traveling from Houston to my wedding are on that same flight. And if it was to get cancelled, there would be 12 folks (booked so far) that I would have to worry get to the resort on time.
I *think* they are doing it to the flights that are less booked because they know they have to re-book everyone. I could be totally wrong though, I'm pretty much making it up because it sounds right. elefant.gif They tried to put us on a connecting flight that left us 25 minutes in between-- ha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha S View Post
Oh my gosh, no flights Monday - Friday? That means everyone has to stay a minimum of a week-- yikes! Some of our guests are coming only for 4 or 5 days.
I'm not sure if the flights returning from Cancun to Canada are the same, or if there is the possibility of flying back a different route or whatever...but yah, all of our guests are staying the full week (which was our intention in the first place, but I'd hate to think of the angry reactions, if it wasn't :S).

I just fear that, we still have 10 months until the wedding...lord knows what other headaches are in store for us...

Fingers crossed *

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×