Having Legal Ceremony at court house in US but Religious In Cabo

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#11 melglnh2o

• 1,016 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Aimless911
    Question to add onto this...we are planning to do the same....marry here in the states and then have symbolic ceremony in Mexico....right now we are planning for the states wedding to occur AFTER we return from Mexico...that shouldn't screw anything up should it!? Since the Mexico one is just symbolic... We will always refer to the Mexico one as our true anniversary....but am I not thinkin of something else here!? hahahahaha
    We had a Catholic ceremony in Mexico on May 10 and then we did our legal ceremony after we returned to the States on June 2 (DH's birthday). It worked out perfectly for us and we didn't have any problems.

#12 happyone

• 223 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:58 PM

We are going down to the courthouse two days before we leave to get legalized but the real wedding that we count, will be in Cabo. This saves a ton of time and money and allows our good friend to officiate the ceremony in Mexico.

#13 sweetiepeetie

• 19 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:10 PM

Oh, this is great! this makes me feel so much better about doing it this way too! i just dont want to have to spend time runnnig around trying to get blood tests, etc or worry about forgetting documents, etc. Glad to know i am not the only one!!! Thanks guys

#14 Kelly C

Kelly C
        • 2,051 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:31 PM

Yep. We are getting legally married here first. No one but our parents will know. We are going to use the mexico date as our anniversary.
          Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

#15 Aimless911

• 391 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:28 AM

Thanks for all the responses! I would normally be ok going through the legal process in Mexico...but I have wussy arms and its close to impossible to get blood drawn and the last thing I want on my wedding day is to be covered in bruises! hahahahaha Just wasn't sure if it was best to get married before, or ok after we get back from Mexico...we'll continue with our after plans!

Thanks ladies!

#16 Kat81

• VIP Member
            • 7,615 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:41 AM

We are also getting married before we go.

#17 marip123

• 211 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:05 PM

This is what we did, and it worked.

Here in San Diego, anyone can pay 50 dollars and be a commissioner for the day. We are not religious, and wanted a secular/civil ceremony, so we had asked our good friend to perform the ceremony. We never had two ceremonies. She received her certificate, we took it down to Mexico, and told the county we were getting married on 6/8/08 in San Diego county, on the beach. ON the certificate it says June 8, 08, but the location in San Diego county. This way, my sister was still a witness without having to come back to San Diego. It worked out beautifully.
                Steph and Ben - 6/8/08! We did it!

#18 astevens11

• 18 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:27 PM

I'm sorry ladies...I'm really confused. I'm planning for our wedding at Dreams Los Cabos resort for July 4, 2009. My fiance and I are planning on having our legal ceremony in Los Cabos at Dreams. Has anyone does this? If so, have you had difficulties with getting legally married in Mexico. We are going to arrive that Tuesday June 30, 2009 to handle the paper work and blood work. I'm just trying to understand why most of you got legally married in the US instead of Mexico. Was it just for money reason, since it was cheaper? I just want to make sure we are making the right decision and will not have any issues with our marriage being legally recognized in the states. any help would be greatly appreciated.

#19 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
                  • 1,326 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:48 PM

I'm having a legal ceremony in L.A. before leaving to Cabo too. I did not want to hassle with the Mexican marriage rules.

#20 Davematthews16

• Banned
                    • 1,051 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:00 PM

We are getting married here in Denver first, then having the ceremony in Mexico a week later. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users