Jump to content

Photo

aventura spa palace


  • Please log in to reply
2875 replies to this topic

#801 nicdeb928

nicdeb928
  • Jr. Member
  • 293 posts

    Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:50 PM

    Hi ladies...transportation question...has anyone/ or is anyone planning to use Cancun and the Riviera Maya Mexico - Hotels, Pictures, Beaches, Information for private transportation to/from airport and resort? i was thinking about hiring it for our bridal party and parents this way they dont have to stop at other resorts...the price isnt bad...for roundtrip private transportation the cost is $135 for a van that fits 8-10 people...let me know if you have any thoughts on this...thanks, Nicole

    #802 Lala12

    Lala12
    • Newbie
    • 3 posts

      Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:23 PM

      Hi everyone!

      My name is Laura and I am getting married at Aventura Cove Palace on Feb 4th 2011. This is my first post, however I have been reading them for a while now. I am kind of confused on where all the different terraces are? Is there a map of them anywhere? Also, has anyone found out if you can pay more to have a platted dinner outside? I read that they will only do platted dinners indoors, is that true?

      Nicole, I think the transfer idea is a good one if you can afford it. My fiance and I have already decided that we would pay for everyone's transportation which would be 10$ pp through ASP since most are only staying 3 or 4 days. This is only a few $$ more and if it means they don't have to sit in a van for 2 hours then it would be worth it.

      #803 angelov321

      angelov321
      • Member
      • 548 posts

        Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:35 PM

        For the recently married brides: did any of you take advantage of the vacation dollars? Did any of you use the dollars to go on excursions and tours? If so, did you find that it was easy to book?

        Im just curious because many of my guests want to go swimming with the dolphins and do the water park and I feel like this promotion is so good, everyone will be taking advanatge of it at once and there wont be enough availability.

        Thanks ladies!

        #804 Leigh17

        Leigh17
        • Jr. Member
        • 339 posts

          Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:23 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by angelov321
          For the recently married brides: did any of you take advantage of the vacation dollars? Did any of you use the dollars to go on excursions and tours? If so, did you find that it was easy to book?

          Im just curious because many of my guests want to go swimming with the dolphins and do the water park and I feel like this promotion is so good, everyone will be taking advanatge of it at once and there wont be enough availability.

          Thanks ladies!
          We just got married at Moon Palace, and we definitely took advantage of the Vacation Dollars there. We played golf 3 times, went ziplining and to Tulum (others did other excursions as well). I think all of my group were able to get in the tours we wanted although we had planned to do Tulum on one day & had to do it on another because it was already booked. We booked our excursions on the day we arrived. You should see if your WC can put you into contact with someone that could book tours ahead of time (I don't know if that's possible or not). We booked golf ahead of time by using the email address on the course website.

          My biggest suggestion in regards to the Vacation Dollars is BOOK YOUR SPA (& YOUR GUESTS' SPA) APPOINTMENTS AHEAD OF TIME. It was very hard to get into the spa to spend our $300 Vacation Dollars. With everyone getting the free dollars, the spa gets booked up fast. We were booking on Sunday (the day we arrived) & the only appointments for the week were Thursday & Saturday (maybe Friday too, but our wedding took up most of that day). I know there's a contact at Moon Palace to book ahead of time (I had booked my hair, makeup & nail appointments), so I'm sure you can get an email address for the Aventura spa from your WC or the Miami office. I hadn't thought of booking my massages ahead of time because we'd never had any problems booking once we arrived--the Vacation Dollar promotion has changed that.

          Overall, we LOVED the Vacation Dollar promotion & were able to take full advantage of it.

          #805 angelov321

          angelov321
          • Member
          • 548 posts

            Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:37 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Leigh17
            We just got married at Moon Palace, and we definitely took advantage of the Vacation Dollars there. We played golf 3 times, went ziplining and to Tulum (others did other excursions as well). I think all of my group were able to get in the tours we wanted although we had planned to do Tulum on one day & had to do it on another because it was already booked. We booked our excursions on the day we arrived. You should see if your WC can put you into contact with someone that could book tours ahead of time (I don't know if that's possible or not). We booked golf ahead of time by using the email address on the course website.

            My biggest suggestion in regards to the Vacation Dollars is BOOK YOUR SPA (& YOUR GUESTS' SPA) APPOINTMENTS AHEAD OF TIME. It was very hard to get into the spa to spend our $300 Vacation Dollars. With everyone getting the free dollars, the spa gets booked up fast. We were booking on Sunday (the day we arrived) & the only appointments for the week were Thursday & Saturday (maybe Friday too, but our wedding took up most of that day). I know there's a contact at Moon Palace to book ahead of time (I had booked my hair, makeup & nail appointments), so I'm sure you can get an email address for the Aventura spa from your WC or the Miami office. I hadn't thought of booking my massages ahead of time because we'd never had any problems booking once we arrived--the Vacation Dollar promotion has changed that.

            Overall, we LOVED the Vacation Dollar promotion & were able to take full advantage of it.
            Thanks Leigh!!! Im planning to have a message for me and my girls the morning of the wedding so thank you for letting me know about the spa. I would have been really upset if we couldnt get an appt the morning of. I see you have some pics available. I cant wait to see the rest! :)

            #806 skadow

            skadow
            • Banned
            • 1,853 posts

              Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:31 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Leigh17
              We just got married at Moon Palace, and we definitely took advantage of the Vacation Dollars there. We played golf 3 times, went ziplining and to Tulum (others did other excursions as well). I think all of my group were able to get in the tours we wanted although we had planned to do Tulum on one day & had to do it on another because it was already booked. We booked our excursions on the day we arrived. You should see if your WC can put you into contact with someone that could book tours ahead of time (I don't know if that's possible or not). We booked golf ahead of time by using the email address on the course website.

              My biggest suggestion in regards to the Vacation Dollars is BOOK YOUR SPA (& YOUR GUESTS' SPA) APPOINTMENTS AHEAD OF TIME. It was very hard to get into the spa to spend our $300 Vacation Dollars. With everyone getting the free dollars, the spa gets booked up fast. We were booking on Sunday (the day we arrived) & the only appointments for the week were Thursday & Saturday (maybe Friday too, but our wedding took up most of that day). I know there's a contact at Moon Palace to book ahead of time (I had booked my hair, makeup & nail appointments), so I'm sure you can get an email address for the Aventura spa from your WC or the Miami office. I hadn't thought of booking my massages ahead of time because we'd never had any problems booking once we arrived--the Vacation Dollar promotion has changed that.

              Overall, we LOVED the Vacation Dollar promotion & were able to take full advantage of it.
              Did you post pics of your wedding?

              #807 Leigh17

              Leigh17
              • Jr. Member
              • 339 posts

                Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:41 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by skadow
                Did you post pics of your wedding?
                I'm still waiting on the professional ones (we left before they were ready). I had to pay $65 for shipping so I would have hoped to have had them in a week, but they should have been ready (at the resort) last Tuesday & I still don't have them. My AHR is this weekend, & we had planned on showing the DVD there. It never occurred to me to ask how long the shipping would take since there were two weeks between my wedding and AHR.

                The upcoming AHR is also why I haven't had time to post a review yet. Hopefully I'll have time to work on it next week & the following weekend.

                Feel free to visit my shutterfly site to see the pictures I've posted so far:
                Message

                #808 skadow

                skadow
                • Banned
                • 1,853 posts

                  Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:57 PM

                  Your photos are wonderful, I love them. Thanks so much for sharing them.

                  #809 angelov321

                  angelov321
                  • Member
                  • 548 posts

                    Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:29 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Leigh17
                    I'm still waiting on the professional ones (we left before they were ready). I had to pay $65 for shipping so I would have hoped to have had them in a week, but they should have been ready (at the resort) last Tuesday & I still don't have them. My AHR is this weekend, & we had planned on showing the DVD there. It never occurred to me to ask how long the shipping would take since there were two weeks between my wedding and AHR.

                    The upcoming AHR is also why I haven't had time to post a review yet. Hopefully I'll have time to work on it next week & the following weekend.

                    Feel free to visit my shutterfly site to see the pictures I've posted so far:
                    Message
                    I love your pics!!! Quick question, did your one bridesmaid with her hair down have any problems because of the wind? In the pics she seems like she wasnt bothered, but you never know.

                    #810 Leigh17

                    Leigh17
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 339 posts

                      Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:41 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by angelov321
                      I love your pics!!! Quick question, did your one bridesmaid with her hair down have any problems because of the wind? In the pics she seems like she wasnt bothered, but you never know.
                      She never mentioned it being a bother (I'll try to remember to ask her this weekend at the AHR). She also had her hair done at the salon (it was only partly down), and the salon puts a ton of hairsparay in it. But it was very windy. I was glad my hair wasn't down. We had to tuck my veil into the back of my dress during the ceremony to have it not blowing in my face the whole time. The pictures on the beach were a little difficult with the veil blowing all the time too, & I almost took it off. But from the pictures I've seen so far, I'm glad I kept it on.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users