Photo

aventura spa palace

• Please log in to reply
2875 replies to this topic

#671 angelov321

angelov321
  • 548 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 02:44 PM

Fernando contacted me today! Im a little sad that he is booked on my wedding day, but he recommended his teacher that works with him. If hes recommending him, Im sure hes great! Im so excited! Things are coming along :)

#672 skadow

skadow
    • Banned
    • 1,853 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:50 AM

My FI informed me that he wants a DJ at our reception. Has anyone used a DJ here before? or is going too? I read threw the whole thread and couldn't find anyone

#673 angelov321

angelov321
      • 548 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:44 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by skadow
        My FI informed me that he wants a DJ at our reception. Has anyone used a DJ here before? or is going too? I read threw the whole thread and couldn't find anyone
        I have been in looong negotiations with their DJ. He is very expensive! After complaining about his steep price, he lowered it about 50%, but its still pricey. I feel like its still steep bc there is a local DJ (that is on the forum) who charges less and offers more for his services. The resort DJ is definitely willing to work with you, but I feel like renting the equipment and using your IPOD is better. From what I hear its almost like having a DJ anyways bc they have someone man the station for you.

#674 skadow

skadow
        • Banned
        • 1,853 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 03:13 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by angelov321
          I have been in looong negotiations with their DJ. He is very expensive! After complaining about his steep price, he lowered it about 50%, but its still pricey. I feel like its still steep bc there is a local DJ (that is on the forum) who charges less and offers more for his services. The resort DJ is definitely willing to work with you, but I feel like renting the equipment and using your IPOD is better. From what I hear its almost like having a DJ anyways bc they have someone man the station for you.
          Which resort DJ are you working with? It seems as tho they have two vendors they work with. J&S and another one. Did either do stages or do you need to go to another vendor for that? Are you able to share any price sheets you got from them? If so email me at sarakadow@yahoo.com

Thanks!

#675 angelov321

angelov321
          • 548 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 05:55 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by skadow
            Which resort DJ are you working with? It seems as tho they have two vendors they work with. J&S and another one. Did either do stages or do you need to go to another vendor for that? Are you able to share any price sheets you got from them? If so email me at sarakadow@yahoo.com

Thanks!
            Dulce only recommended J&S to me. The boss was the one who I was talking to. He was very quick in responding to my every email. Im not sure about stages, you may have to go through someone else for that. I know he provides a projector and screen for extra $. I will email you the packages he sent me.

#676 julieswedding

julieswedding
            • 89 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:14 PM

David Pena was the resort photographer my daughter had at her wedding at Aventura Spa Palace. He was brilliant. These are only a few of his shots:

http://share.shutter....1AZNGbNm5Zs3LA

#677 angelov321

angelov321
              • 548 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:38 PM

Is anyone/did anyone get legally married before going to Mexico? Ive been torn between which is the best way to go. Just curious to here everyone else's opinions. :)

#678 Jackie22

Jackie22
                • 336 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:52 PM

Quote:
                  Dulce only recommended J&S to me. The boss was the one who I was talking to. He was very quick in responding to my every email. Im not sure about stages, you may have to go through someone else for that. I know he provides a projector and screen for extra $. I will email you the packages he sent me.
                  I Just used J&S and they were great! I rented to the ipod station, speakers, microphone. They introduced us and worked my playlist, it went off without a hitch well worth the $ and almost as good as a DJ.

#679 Jackie22

Jackie22
                  • 336 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:56 PM

Quote:
                    Is anyone/did anyone get legally married before going to Mexico? Ive been torn between which is the best way to go. Just curious to here everyone else's opinions. :)
                    We legally got married 3 month before our mexican wedding and didn't tell anyone. I didn't want to go through the hassle of getting bloodwork in Mexico or getting our marriage certificate translated from Spanish to English.

I'm very glad we did it this way. I told Dulce that no one knew we were doing a symbolic ceremony instead of a civil ceremony. Everything was perfect. Just an FYI: if you get married first and do a symbolice ceremony in Mexico Dulce needs a copy of your marriage certificate.

#680 skadow

skadow
                    • Banned
                    • 1,853 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:28 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Jackie22
                      I Just used J&S and they were great! I rented to the ipod station, speakers, microphone. They introduced us and worked my playlist, it went off without a hitch well worth the $ and almost as good as a DJ.
                      Did you just have to pay the $400 then? Because there was no offical DJ. Did you have a dance floor?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users