• Please log in to reply
2875 replies to this topic

#461 rach220

rach220
  • 532 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:48 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CristiandJamie
    For those that had used the dinner reservations for after the wedding... did they put you off to the side in a semi private area? We only have 20 to 25 people attending and not sure if I want to go all out on a private event with dancing, etc... but I do want to have our dinner to be somewhat private.

Also did you any of you play music during the dinner reservation or is there back ground music that the restaurant plays?

We are going to have a cocktail reception in which we will bring our Ipod but not sure what to do about dinner... also for those brides that havent gotten married yet what do you plan to do?

Thank you!
    We only had 20 in our group and didn't want to go all out on a private event either. We had our dinner at Mundaca, and asked if they could set us up outside on the terrace (supposedly only for concierge level guests). One of my girlfriends schmoozed the manager and talked him into giving us half the terrace (I posted pics earlier in this thread).

I don't remember hearing music, but maybe it was just because we were outside. We used the BOSE ipod dock and played our own songs throughout dinner (I made a playlist just in case and I'm so glad I did). Hope this helps!

Married July 16, 2009
    Aventura Cove Palace Resort
    Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

#462 marymason

marymason
    • 15 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:10 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by angelov321
      If you have 50ppl coming im sure you qualify for atleast one private function. You should check that out because if you do qualify you can definitely book Mundaca. Who are you considering for a photographer? Im getting married the day after you at 4:00 :)
      We are still looking would like Sol but a little pricey for us. From my email from Dulce it seems there is set up fee for terraces without elevators and beach locations. Are you going with a wedding package

#463 angelov321

angelov321
      • 548 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:23 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by marymason
        We are still looking would like Sol but a little pricey for us. From my email from Dulce it seems there is set up fee for terraces without elevators and beach locations. Are you going with a wedding package
        Del sol is definitely pricey! I think I might end up going with Adrian Herrera, his work is really nice and he fits right into my budget. Im going with the diamond package, it goes with my theme. I did read somewhere, either in my contract or the website, that there is some fee incorporated when using terraces with no elevators. I feel like its just another way to get money out of us lol what package are you going with?

#464 Jackie22

Jackie22
        • 336 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 02:41 PM

Hmmm. I"m having our dinner reception on the Cove Terrace, Dulce never mentioned anything to me about an addition charge. Maybe the cove terrace has an elevator.

I decided to go with Del Sol because the quality of their work is so good and their reviews have been wonderful. They are def pricey but If you book a while before your wedding you can make monthly/weekly payments. They set up an online account that you can make payments to when ever you would like.

Good Luck.

#465 Jackie22

Jackie22
          • 336 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 02:51 PM

Dulce said I could make dinner reservations for my group the night before the wedding. I'm wondering if I can make multiple dinner reservations for other night?

#466 CristiandJamie

CristiandJamie
            • 445 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:19 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by rach220
              We only had 20 in our group and didn't want to go all out on a private event either. We had our dinner at Mundaca, and asked if they could set us up outside on the terrace (supposedly only for concierge level guests). One of my girlfriends schmoozed the manager and talked him into giving us half the terrace (I posted pics earlier in this thread).

I don't remember hearing music, but maybe it was just because we were outside. We used the BOSE ipod dock and played our own songs throughout dinner (I made a playlist just in case and I'm so glad I did). Hope this helps!
              Thank you Rachel! We have a BOSE ipod dock as well... how was the sound quality and did you have any problem hearing the music, etc? I played it out in my backyard and it seems to be loud enough and should work...
              Cristi & Jamie
              http://img.weddingco...er/7nhul9k2.png32 guests including Bride and Groom... and counting

#467 skadow

skadow
              • Banned
              • 1,853 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:35 PM

Does anyone happen to have a PDF of menu options / chooses for outside reception dinners?

Our wed cordinator sent us a PDF with all sorts of wedding options, 5 pages of breakfist options but no dinner options.

#468 skadow

skadow
                • Banned
                • 1,853 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:46 AM

Also, we need to have our reception on the Cove Side, Could anyone tell me which outside area is near the beach on that side that we could have our dinner on. There will be about 50 people.

We are also having a cocktail party before the dinner. Any recommendations would be great. We need to have our events on the cove side because my niece is younger and I dont want them to get booked up, because the spa side wont work.

#469 Jackie22

Jackie22
                  • 336 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:00 AM

You WC shoud have sent you a pdf of all the locations to choose from.
                    I'm getting married on the cove side as well as having the cocktail hour & dinner on that side.
                    My cocktail hour will be in the Pandero Terrace and my dinner on the Cove Terrace.

I haven't picked my food choices yet though. I think I do that when I arrive?

Seems like alot of people pick the cove side so you should be able to get some good info.

#470 Jackie22

Jackie22
                    • 336 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:05 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by CristiandJamie
                      Thank you Rachel! We have a BOSE ipod dock as well... how was the sound quality and did you have any problem hearing the music, etc? I played it out in my backyard and it seems to be loud enough and should work...
                      I'm torn between bringing my Bose or renting the sound system/ i pod player with the speakers from the resort.

I would be doing the same thing either way, playing my i pod, I'm just affraid that with my Bose out on the cove terrace that the sound will get lost. What to do, What to do :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users