Jump to content

Photo

aventura spa palace


  • Please log in to reply
2875 replies to this topic

#421 CristiandJamie

CristiandJamie
  • Jr. Member
  • 445 posts

    Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:01 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sgray
    Hi Everyone:
    I have been reading all of your posts and am so happy to have stumbled onto the website today. I am getting married at the ACP on December 4, 2010 at 2pm. We are going with the complimentary package and have 47 guests. 19 rooms (61 room nights) booked...so we get a private event thrown in...
    I guess my main question is about the onsite photography. Is there a reason to get someone off-site? Has anyone had experience with the on-site photographer?
    Hey there! Congratulations and welcome to the forum and this thread has been VERY helpful for me so I know it will be for you as well.

    As for pictures, the Palace resort has a website with some wedding pics... here is the link: Palace Weedings Photography

    I hope this helps.
    Cristi & Jamie
    http://img.weddingco...er/7nhul9k2.png32 guests including Bride and Groom... and counting

    #422 nicdeb928

    nicdeb928
    • Jr. Member
    • 293 posts

      Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:57 PM

      Hi ladies! okay, so im back... after being intially overwhelmed by this site but im sad to see that now it seems like the site has grown quiet Im getting married at ASP this November 10th...is anyone else getting married there this year? lets start offering each other helpful suggestions and information...I set the ceremony for 3pm, is that a good time to get enough sunlight in with pictures? I originally figured I would get married in the North gazebo b/c i dont want children there but Im not sure if that will be too far if I have the cocktail hour and reception over on the south side? any suggestions on that..also we're planning on there being around 50 guests and we all like to have a good time :) I read good things about having the cocktail hour at Pandero Terrace and the reception on the roof of Mundaco...does anyone have any thoughts on these places? thank you so much for any help and as time goes by, any information i collect I will definitely share with you guys :) so excited! Nicole

      #423 NaM

      NaM
      • Sr. Member
      • 2,256 posts

        Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:43 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by nicdeb928
        Hi ladies! okay, so im back... after being intially overwhelmed by this site but im sad to see that now it seems like the site has grown quiet Im getting married at ASP this November 10th...is anyone else getting married there this year? lets start offering each other helpful suggestions and information...I set the ceremony for 3pm, is that a good time to get enough sunlight in with pictures? I originally figured I would get married in the North gazebo b/c i dont want children there but Im not sure if that will be too far if I have the cocktail hour and reception over on the south side? any suggestions on that..also we're planning on there being around 50 guests and we all like to have a good time :) I read good things about having the cocktail hour at Pandero Terrace and the reception on the roof of Mundaco...does anyone have any thoughts on these places? thank you so much for any help and as time goes by, any information i collect I will definitely share with you guys :) so excited! Nicole
        I got married in November of 09 and I think 3 is perfect. We got married at 4 and I wish I would've had one more hour of good sun for pictures sake.
        IMO the south gazebo is nicer and has a better view. There wasn't a single child out while we were getting married and we actually hardly saw any that whole week, the Cove Side was only at 5% occupancy so we seriously had the whole thing to ourselves the whole time.
        I also had my reception on the roof at Mundaca and it was great. Check out my slideshow if you want pictures!
        Good luck!!

        #424 angelov321

        angelov321
        • Member
        • 548 posts

          Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:36 PM

          Im getting married at ASP on the Nov 12! Im probably going to use the cove side gazebo because I have kids coming to the wedding. I chose 4:00 for the ceremony, but after reading this thread Im a little worried. Im also expecting about 50ppl and I dont know what Im going to do to make sure I can accomodate everyone. Have you decided on a photographer yet? I have so much to do still and its so overwhelming! Where do you start? lol

          #425 angelov321

          angelov321
          • Member
          • 548 posts

            Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:39 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by nicdeb928
            Hi ladies! okay, so im back... after being intially overwhelmed by this site but im sad to see that now it seems like the site has grown quiet Im getting married at ASP this November 10th...is anyone else getting married there this year? lets start offering each other helpful suggestions and information...I set the ceremony for 3pm, is that a good time to get enough sunlight in with pictures? I originally figured I would get married in the North gazebo b/c i dont want children there but Im not sure if that will be too far if I have the cocktail hour and reception over on the south side? any suggestions on that..also we're planning on there being around 50 guests and we all like to have a good time :) I read good things about having the cocktail hour at Pandero Terrace and the reception on the roof of Mundaco...does anyone have any thoughts on these places? thank you so much for any help and as time goes by, any information i collect I will definitely share with you guys :) so excited! Nicole
            Im getting married at ASP on the Nov 12! Im probably going to use the cove side gazebo because I have kids coming to the wedding. I chose 4:00 for the ceremony, but after reading this thread Im a little worried. Im also expecting about 50ppl and I dont know what Im going to do to make sure I can accomodate everyone. Have you decided on a photographer yet? I have so much to do still and its so overwhelming! Where do you start? lol

            #426 nicdeb928

            nicdeb928
            • Jr. Member
            • 293 posts

              Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:38 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by NaM
              I got married in November of 09 and I think 3 is perfect. We got married at 4 and I wish I would've had one more hour of good sun for pictures sake.
              IMO the south gazebo is nicer and has a better view. There wasn't a single child out while we were getting married and we actually hardly saw any that whole week, the Cove Side was only at 5% occupancy so we seriously had the whole thing to ourselves the whole time.
              I also had my reception on the roof at Mundaca and it was great. Check out my slideshow if you want pictures!
              Good luck!!
              thank you for the information, I feel better with keeping the time at 3 now...one thing about the south gazebo, i thought i read something about the horse and carriage not being able to get to the south gazebo, is that true? also where did you have your cocktail hour? and how many people were at your wedding? sorry for all the questions..thank you so much for your help :) Nicole

              #427 NaM

              NaM
              • Sr. Member
              • 2,256 posts

                Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:45 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by nicdeb928
                thank you for the information, I feel better with keeping the time at 3 now...one thing about the south gazebo, i thought i read something about the horse and carriage not being able to get to the south gazebo, is that true? also where did you have your cocktail hour? and how many people were at your wedding? sorry for all the questions..thank you so much for your help :) Nicole
                I'm not sure...I didn't do the horse and carriage. But thinking about it...I think it is true, it would have to drop you off a bit away from the gazebo and you would have to walk down.
                My cocktail hour was near the gazebo. Not sure if there was actually a name to the location because it wasn't on a terrace or anything like that. So I would say the beach near the gazebo.
                We had right about 50 people at the wedding.
                No worries, let me know if you have any other questions.

                #428 nicdeb928

                nicdeb928
                • Jr. Member
                • 293 posts

                  Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:02 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by NaM
                  I got married in November of 09 and I think 3 is perfect. We got married at 4 and I wish I would've had one more hour of good sun for pictures sake.
                  IMO the south gazebo is nicer and has a better view. There wasn't a single child out while we were getting married and we actually hardly saw any that whole week, the Cove Side was only at 5% occupancy so we seriously had the whole thing to ourselves the whole time.
                  I also had my reception on the roof at Mundaca and it was great. Check out my slideshow if you want pictures!
                  Good luck!!
                  Wow Natalia! i just looked through all of your pictures and they are so beautiful! you were a stunning bride and now of course i have more questions...Who did your hair and make up? How many people fit into the gazebo during the ceremony? I saw the mexican band in your pics..was that the trio or the mariachi, either way were you happy with them, and when did they play...looks like its during your cocktail hour...your reception looked like so much fun...who did you hire as the dj and how much extra is the projection screen? also what is the view of when up on the Mundaca rooftop...im sorry for all the questions...so many things to think about...Nicole

                  #429 NaM

                  NaM
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 2,256 posts

                    Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:24 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by nicdeb928
                    Wow Natalia! i just looked through all of your pictures and they are so beautiful! you were a stunning bride and now of course i have more questions...Who did your hair and make up? How many people fit into the gazebo during the ceremony? I saw the mexican band in your pics..was that the trio or the mariachi, either way were you happy with them, and when did they play...looks like its during your cocktail hour...your reception looked like so much fun...who did you hire as the dj and how much extra is the projection screen? also what is the view of when up on the Mundaca rooftop...im sorry for all the questions...so many things to think about...Nicole
                    Thank you!! :)

                    Fernando Fuentes did hair and make up. He's not associated with the hotel, I hired him as an outside vendor and had to get a day pass for him to come to the resort. His info is in the "hair and makeup" thread.
                    A lot of people can fit in the gazebo. All our guest easily...we could've fit 50 more with room to spare, the gazebos are quite large.
                    Yes, we hired the Mexican Trio to play during our cocktail hour. They were great!!! I loved having them. I think they were about $500/hour. Which was a lot cheaper than the Mariachi band.
                    We didn't hire a DJ, we just rented the sound equipment and used our Ipod. You can't hire an outside DJ at ASP and I wasn't sure about their onsite DJ. An ipod worked really well because we got to have the exact music we wanted and they had someone there to control it so people weren't changing songs, playing with the ipod, etc. And it was cheaper than hiring the DJ. Plus now I have my whole wedding playlist and I'm not gonna lie...when I'm home alone and cleaning I put it on and dance and get a bit of nostalgia, it's nice to have the music from my wedding!!
                    The projection screen and projector was around $1000-$2000 I think?? I posted a price sheet a few pages back for the price of the lights, DJ, screen, etc if you want to see the prices for everything.
                    This was the view of Mundaca while they were setting up the reception:
                    Click the image to open in full size.

                    Of course this was during the day at night you couldn't really see anything but it was gorgeous.

                    #430 CristiandJamie

                    CristiandJamie
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 445 posts

                      Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:50 PM

                      This may be a stupid question but I wanted to know if any brides are bringing a cake serving set or for those that got married at ASP did you bring one? I want to minimize the stuff I'm bringing and not sure if you can just borrow one from the resort, etc... I know it's to keep for memory sake but really dont want to have to mess with it.

                      I know I'm probably being a guy right now with that comment :-)
                      Cristi & Jamie
                      http://img.weddingco...er/7nhul9k2.png32 guests including Bride and Groom... and counting




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users