Photo

aventura spa palace

• Please log in to reply
2875 replies to this topic

#2691 chase414

chase414
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:30 AM

I'm bringing my portable steamer with me!  Just in case it needs a little something!  With my luck lately it would be traveling around Mexico and wouldn't make the wedding! LOL

Here's the link to purchase my steamer!  It's the best thing since sliced cheese.  I don't travel without it ever!

I flew US Air, and I (meaning my loving husband) carried my dress in a double garment bag through the whole airport as a 'carry on' item.  I was told that they could make no guarantee and that I had to ask the woman at the terminal, who also told me they could not promise me anything.  When I went in, the flight attendants even told me that I had to put it in the overhead bin, but I had a friend in first class and he just hung it there for me, no questions asked.  I would bet that if you asked someone in first class if they would mind, I'm sure they wouldn't!  I think it really depends on the people working the plane.  MOST people would be very understanding and willing to help you, knowing it is your bridal gown!!

My gown shop pressed my dress before we left and I didn't need to do anything to it on my wedding day.  It was still as perfect as day 1.  If they press it nicely, it should stay.  At least know this...unless something has changed...they send your items OFF SITE to have them steamed/pressed, and it will take a few days.  If it were me, I wouldn't send me dress away!

Hope this helps!

#2692 SarahWitt

SarahWitt
    • 69 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

Well we will definitley see each other!! I am sure we will be at the pool bar during the day getting some sun:)

Originally Posted by AlmostMrsMcD 

Yes we are actually getting married on the cove side , because we had expected my fiancĀ©e siblings to be there and I'm too busy to try Nd change it now that they can't make it! We'll be there from the 20 th until the 31st and other than the lack of planning I'm very excited!

#2693 J-me

J-me
      • 398 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

Annnnnd we're OFF!!! Going to bed so we can get up at 3am to leave for the airport!! This is so surreal - after over a yr. of planning, it's finally HERE!!

I'll be sure to do my planning thread & review when we get back from the honeymoon (30th)!!!! Big thanks to all of you for your help along the way! Cheers!

#2694 SarahWitt

SarahWitt
        • 69 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

Goodluck!!!

I hope everything goes well for you and everything is as beautiful as you imagined!!!!

I cant wait to hear about your whole experience and see pictures, please let us May brides know how everything ends up for you:)

Thank you & Have an amazing day and vacation!!!!

Originally Posted by J-me 

Annnnnd we're OFF!!! Going to bed so we can get up at 3am to leave for the airport!! This is so surreal - after over a yr. of planning, it's finally HERE!!

I'll be sure to do my planning thread & review when we get back from the honeymoon (30th)!!!! Big thanks to all of you for your help along the way! Cheers!

#2695 breeburns

breeburns
          • 102 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

Congrats J-me!! So happy for you! Good luck it'll go perfectly!

#2696 sxcT

sxcT
            • 1,282 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:47 AM

I know your off already but....HAVE A FABULOUS TIME J-ME!!!!!

Originally Posted by J-me 

#2697 AlmostMrsMcD

AlmostMrsMcD
              • 18 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:23 AM

Oh awesome!  We can have som margaritas together!!  Have you heard from your WC yet?  I still haven't.

Originally Posted by SarahWitt 

Well we will definitley see each other!! I am sure we will be at the pool bar during the day getting some sun:)

#2698 SarahWitt

SarahWitt
                • 69 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

Cristina is my wedding coordinator!! She reached out to me to start the planning process, couldnt be more excited!!!

#2699 AlmostMrsMcD

AlmostMrsMcD
                  • 18 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:41 AM

So I should have heard from someone by now???  I thought so but I was letting it go only because I started doing so many things on my own!  Ugh! I swear I can't win with this wedding!!!

#2700 SarahWitt

SarahWitt
                    • 69 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

I am not sure, I have a feeling someone reached out to me, because I was expressing my concern about the negative reviews to Yesenia, then magically the wedding coordinator reached out, so I wasnt sure if Yesenia told her to reach out to me earlier than normal. Because usually its around that 30 days or less mark....

I mean if you have an idea of everything you want, then it wont be hard, you just have to tell them basically! I just basically have told her general things I want so far, because I took a back seat to planning for a while, now I feel like I am doing all of this stuff and dont know where to find the time to look at stuff!

I am not bringing any decorations really, unlike I know most people on this have gotten their own centerpieces and table decorations, I just dont want to carry it all, the welcome bags are enough to worry about!!

Everythign will work out for us, I am putting my faith into it and hoping everything pans out!!

If its making you nervous reach out to Yesenia or your miami office contact, and tell them you would like to start the planning with the onsite coordinator.

Originally Posted by AlmostMrsMcD 

So I should have heard from someone by now???  I thought so but I was letting it go only because I started doing so many things on my own!  Ugh! I swear I can't win with this wedding!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users