Photo

aventura spa palace

• Please log in to reply
2875 replies to this topic

#2621 KZade

KZade
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:06 AM

Thanks!!!  We decided on moon palace... i've been searching for pictures, the good restaurants, activities, ect.  So if you happen to come across reviews or suggestions, send them my way

I've had some luck on the moon palace thread, but it's a lot in 5 days, especially with packing, work and easter coming up!

#2622 chase414

chase414
    • 97 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

I can't believe that! You seem amazingly calm.  I would totally be losing by now!!  I certainly hope that they are compensating you for your loss and the inconvenience.  That just wouldn't sit right with me.  How could someone buy out a resort.  Seriously, something just doesn't make sense. 

I feel soooooo bad for you!  If I were you I would definitely request compensation for this.  How could they do that to you.  It's beyond me.

Originally Posted by KZade 

Everything is paid in full, except our add ons.  We are litterally leaving in 5 days from today.

They just called and told us we could not longer stay or have our wedding at the cove because they had someone buy out the resort.  We have a child in our party, so that automatically means no spa.  They did tell us they'll move us to another palace resort, but it's still a huge shock and very stressful.

#2623 noelles

noelles
      • Site Supporter
      • 68 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

I am so sorry you are having these issues, I can only say that this change over that they are saying is happening in November was affecting us in February as well, from everything I have heard you will be much happier at the moon palace as things are more settled now.  Good luck and chin up, even with all the things that went wrong for us, the wedding itself was right and no matter what the best advice I received was I can stress over every little detail but at the end of the day as long as you, the groom and someone able to legally marry you are there, then you have your dream come true.

February 1, 2012, 4pm Aventura Cove Palace

21 booked and counting

#2624 chase414

chase414
        • 97 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:22 AM

Happy Easter! I hope everyone has a great day!

#2625 breeburns

breeburns
          • 102 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:52 AM

Hi ladies!
            just trying to pick ceremony and reception locations at ASP, and wanted to know which places you ladies have chosen and why?

We only have 20 guests (plus photographer) so we don't need anything huge.

Also they want to charge us $200 for reception decor set up fee (bringing our own stuff) and $100 for ceremony decor, is this normal? i have half a mind to go have my mom do it or something!

#2626 jszy10

jszy10
            • 1,192 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:02 AM

Hey Bree!  I had my ceremony at the Chichen Gazebo and absolutely loved it!  It is right on the water, has a beautiful bridge walkway, and is really the only one that is completely open to the air and has a straw type roof.  Here is a pic:

Hi ladies!
              just trying to pick ceremony and reception locations at ASP, and wanted to know which places you ladies have chosen and why?

We only have 20 guests (plus photographer) so we don't need anything huge.

Also they want to charge us $200 for reception decor set up fee (bringing our own stuff) and $100 for ceremony decor, is this normal? i have half a mind to go have my mom do it or something!

Attached Files

#2627 jszy10

jszy10
              • 1,192 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:05 AM

Also, here is a picture of the Coba gazebo, in case you would like to see a bigger picture of there.  We originally chose the Coba, but I didn't care for the big white box in the front of it AND I absolutely fell in love with the Chichen as soon as I saw it!!!  Unfortunately I do not have a big picture of the Tulum Gazebo because when I went for that walk my camera wouldn't stop fogging up!!

DSC01395.JPG  

#2628 breeburns

breeburns
                • 102 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:47 AM

i think we like the Chichen Gazebo for the ceremony. thanks for the help!

We are still deciding on the reception locations though. Jszy10, do you have any photos of your reception? did you need to add any lighting? 

Also would you mind if I used your name to tell my WP that i know other ladies that have previously gotten married at ASP haven't had to pay the $300 for set up. Honestly its not much, the ceremony i made raffia and starfish chair hangers for the chairs on the aisle. the reception all we have is table runners, chair sashes napkins and our centrepieces (only 5). I agree that it is WAY to much to pay for set up!

#2629 jszy10

jszy10
                  • 1,192 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

Anytime!  I don't mind if you do that.  Tell them that you know past brides have only paid $65 TOTAL for all setup. 

As for pictures, feel free to check them out on my facebook -- https://www.facebook.com/jszy10.  I actually made all of my wedding albums public just so you girls and other people could see whatever they wanted.  If you go to the "Our Wedding" album and scroll to the bottom you will see a few reception pictures.  They have perfect lighting I think!!  You can see the nice lighting in the pictures of us with our cake.

#2630 jszy10

jszy10
                    • 1,192 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

You'll see pictures of me getting ready on there too.  That was in one of their presidential "hospitality" suites near our gazebo.  They gave that to me for the day for FREE to get ready in...definitely request one of those too!!   :o)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users