Jump to content

Photo

aventura spa palace


  • Please log in to reply
2875 replies to this topic

#2521 jszy10

jszy10
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,192 posts

    Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:08 PM

    Future brides...try not to let it worry you.  I feel awful that Noelle had such a bad experience, but a lot of us had GREAT experiences.  It is definitely scary to know that happened recently, but try to stay positive ladies!!  The resort is gorgeous and we are very excited to be going back for our anniversary!!!



    #2522 sxcT

    sxcT
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,282 posts

      Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

      Ditto to what Jess said.  With 99% of us past brides having excellent over-the-top experiences and weddings at ACP/ASP I don't think you should worry too much about the one bad experience we all just read.  It is very unfortunate but it seems to be that 1% of crazy and unexpected circumstances.  For those of you heading down in the future just do what you can to make the best of it.  Stay in contact with your WC and put your trust in them - they all do an excellent job.  The rest of your stay is up to you and you and your guests can all have a wonderful time whether your at ACP/ASP or any of the other amazing Palace Resorts. 



      #2523 SarahWitt

      SarahWitt
      • Newbie
      • 69 posts

        Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:08 PM


        I agree!! Its too late to cancel when guests are already booking or have booked flights & rooms. This makes me very nervous, I am more concerned with making sure my guests are happy with their stay and service really. I am going to be like you and wish I hadn't read it as well & hope for the best.

         

        Since your wedding is just a few weeks ahead of mine, if you can please let me know how everything goes for you and your guests, I would really appreciate it and hopefully it will calm some nerves:)

         

        Goodluck & Happy planning!!

        Originally Posted by chase414 

        Wow, your review just gives me the warm fuzzies about my upcoming wedding!  I certainly hope you just had a bad experience and it doesn't reflect on the quality of the resort as a whole.  

         

        I wish I hadn't read your review to be honest with you since we have so much invested in our wedding and have been looking forward to the event.  At this point it's a little too late to cancel.

         

        I'm just going to pretend that I didn't read it and hope for a wonderful stay and wedding day :)
         



         



         



        #2524 J-me

        J-me
        • Jr. Member
        • 398 posts

          Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

          Noelle, I'm SO sorry you had such an awful experience - it made me nervous reading it, just bc of the lack of communication I've had w/the wedding planners thus far. But I leave in less than 2 months and really hoping my wedding falls in line with Jess, Taryn, & the other happy ASP brides - staying positive and looking forward to it!

           

          For all you May brides, I'll be sure to leave a thorough review when I get back!

           

          Originally Posted by SarahWitt 


          I agree!! Its too late to cancel when guests are already booking or have booked flights & rooms. This makes me very nervous, I am more concerned with making sure my guests are happy with their stay and service really. I am going to be like you and wish I hadn't read it as well & hope for the best.

           

          Since your wedding is just a few weeks ahead of mine, if you can please let me know how everything goes for you and your guests, I would really appreciate it and hopefully it will calm some nerves:)

           

          Goodluck & Happy planning!!



           



           



          #2525 SarahWitt

          SarahWitt
          • Newbie
          • 69 posts

            Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:11 PM


            Thank you! We appreciate the review when you get  back and hope everythign works out for the best for you and your special day:)
             

            Originally Posted by J-me 

            Noelle, I'm SO sorry you had such an awful experience - it made me nervous reading it, just bc of the lack of communication I've had w/the wedding planners thus far. But I leave in less than 2 months and really hoping my wedding falls in line with Jess, Taryn, & the other happy ASP brides - staying positive and looking forward to it!

             

            For all you May brides, I'll be sure to leave a thorough review when I get back!

             



             



             



            #2526 chase414

            chase414
            • Newbie
            • 97 posts

              Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

              Hi All,

              I called and spoke with Yesenia from Palace resorts yesterday to inform her of the review posted.  I had some questions for her after reading it.  One of things that concerned me was that Noelle stated that the resort is now a Hard Rock and we couldn't have access to the other resorts.  Yesenia assured me that this is not the case.  The resort is not going to be a Hard Rock until August and for now all guests have access to the other resorts.

               

              We discussed several other things as well and after speaking with her I'm confident with our decision to have our wedding at ASP.  I'm sorry to hear that some of the future brides aren't getting a response from Palace.  This hasn't been my experience at all.  I always receive an immediate response from Yesenia.  

               

              I promise that soon as we return from our trip that I will leave a review!

               

               



              #2527 chase414

              chase414
              • Newbie
              • 97 posts

                Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:08 PM

                Sarah I wouldn't worry about it too much!  After my conversation with Palace yesterday, I'm pleased with our choice of resorts.  I wish Palace had the opportunity to respond to the review that was posted.  If they could it would clear some things up for you and alleviate your concerns.

                 

                I'll post a review when we return.  I'm sure all will go well for all of us:)
                 

                Originally Posted by SarahWitt 


                I agree!! Its too late to cancel when guests are already booking or have booked flights & rooms. This makes me very nervous, I am more concerned with making sure my guests are happy with their stay and service really. I am going to be like you and wish I hadn't read it as well & hope for the best.

                 

                Since your wedding is just a few weeks ahead of mine, if you can please let me know how everything goes for you and your guests, I would really appreciate it and hopefully it will calm some nerves:)

                 

                Goodluck & Happy planning!!



                 



                 



                #2528 jszy10

                jszy10
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,192 posts

                  Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

                  Yesenia is who I spoke to via email for MONTHS before I was contacted by my WC.  She was amazing, and always answered all of my questions.  She made sure that my WC knew everything that we had discussed.  I brought all of my saved email conversations with me to Mexico when we went in case anything went wrong, and I didn't need any of them.  I actually contacted Yesenia a month or so ago to let her know we would be back for our anniversary and asked her to make sure that she added that we would be celebrating our anniversary to our reservation, and she did! (I booked online so I didn't have the option to make sure we got the free anniversary package..so Yesenia did that for me!)
                   

                  Originally Posted by chase414 

                  Hi All,

                  I called and spoke with Yesenia from Palace resorts yesterday to inform her of the review posted.  I had some questions for her after reading it.  One of things that concerned me was that Noelle stated that the resort is now a Hard Rock and we couldn't have access to the other resorts.  Yesenia assured me that this is not the case.  The resort is not going to be a Hard Rock until August and for now all guests have access to the other resorts.

                   

                  We discussed several other things as well and after speaking with her I'm confident with our decision to have our wedding at ASP.  I'm sorry to hear that some of the future brides aren't getting a response from Palace.  This hasn't been my experience at all.  I always receive an immediate response from Yesenia.  

                   

                  I promise that soon as we return from our trip that I will leave a review!

                   

                   



                   

                   



                  #2529 J-me

                  J-me
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 398 posts

                    Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

                    So just started working on my ceremony programs and would love any of your input on the music options at ASP! Not sure whether to go w/IPOD for the ceremony - if so, I have a few songs for our processional, recessional, etc. OR does anyone know the quality of their violinist, harpist, etc....?

                     

                    Do I go live music or bring my own? I asked my WC if they had any demos of their live musicians and she said no.

                     

                    Thoughts??



                    #2530 jszy10

                    jszy10
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,192 posts

                      Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:45 AM

                      I didn't bring music for anything.  Even though it was a bit on the pricey side, we splurged and went for their live music for both ur welcome cocktail and the ceremony.  While I don't really remember hearing it, my husband and guests said the harpist was beautiful.  I know they give you the option to choose songs for the harpist to play, but I just let him choose what would be appropriate.  The Mexican Trio was awesome for our cocktail party as well, so I can bet that you would be happy with any musician you choose.  There are definitely brides here that brought their own music, so hopefully they can chime in with their experience with that.

                       

                      Originally Posted by J-me 

                      So just started working on my ceremony programs and would love any of your input on the music options at ASP! Not sure whether to go w/IPOD for the ceremony - if so, I have a few songs for our processional, recessional, etc. OR does anyone know the quality of their violinist, harpist, etc....?

                       

                      Do I go live music or bring my own? I asked my WC if they had any demos of their live musicians and she said no.

                       

                      Thoughts??



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users