Jump to content

Photo

aventura spa palace


  • Please log in to reply
2875 replies to this topic

#2481 SarahWitt

SarahWitt
  • Newbie
  • 69 posts

    Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:34 AM

    Thanks so much!! I mean looking at everyones pictures and reading this forum I was very confident in my choice for the Cove side, since I do have children from family/friends that will be coming as well. But when I read tripadvisor just about peoples vacation experiences, some of the reviews make me a littler nervous. I just want my guests to be happy and enjoy themselves for the most part. I picked the Cove site unseen, so thank you for the comfort!!!



    #2482 amberm390

    amberm390
    • Newbie
    • 98 posts

      Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:04 PM

      Sarah regarding your question about the Cove side... we liked both sides of the resort...along with Jess, it was basically just one big resort to us! However, we did not have any children in our group so everyone could go back and forth with no problem.

       

      Just a few things that I noticed while we were there...there was definitely more people on the Spa side and more things happening on the Spa side during the day (poolside activities and such). However, all of the nighttime entertainment (shows and themed nights) were on the Cove side. We LOVED the Cove side lobby bar (or sports bar they may call it). The bartender there was out of this world and we would just spend hours there! The disco was also on the Cove side which we had a blast at the night of the wedding. We enjoyed the breakfast place on the Cove side better than the Spa as well...it was more open air and had an awesome view. Our cocktail hour and our reception dinner were on the Cove side and everyone had a blast...so no need to fret!! There is also a 'kids club' where your family/friends could leave their children at for a few hours (if they feel comfortable doing that) if they wanted to go to the Spa side for dinner, etc. The actual Spa is on the Spa side, so they would need to leave the children behind if they wanted to do that. Just trying to give you an idea of where different things are located:)

       

       



      #2483 SarahWitt

      SarahWitt
      • Newbie
      • 69 posts

        Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:07 AM

        Amber, Thank you very much!! I am so excited and yet still a little nervous, just want everything to go smoothly. But thank you so much for giving me some ideas of where everything is and what you enjoyed. I am sure we will venture back and forth, there are only a couple kids & they wont be there for as long as most and I am sure that family will be all over that kids club to get some adult time as well!! I just wanted to make sure one side wasnt better than another, and that it was all pretty seemless together, all of the grounds/restaurants/bars/rooms everything was up to par. I knew about the adult/family sides, but some of the trip advisor reviews just make you really nervous for your guests since I want to make sure they have the best time!

         

        Originally Posted by amberm390 

        Sarah regarding your question about the Cove side... we liked both sides of the resort...along with Jess, it was basically just one big resort to us! However, we did not have any children in our group so everyone could go back and forth with no problem.

         

        Just a few things that I noticed while we were there...there was definitely more people on the Spa side and more things happening on the Spa side during the day (poolside activities and such). However, all of the nighttime entertainment (shows and themed nights) were on the Cove side. We LOVED the Cove side lobby bar (or sports bar they may call it). The bartender there was out of this world and we would just spend hours there! The disco was also on the Cove side which we had a blast at the night of the wedding. We enjoyed the breakfast place on the Cove side better than the Spa as well...it was more open air and had an awesome view. Our cocktail hour and our reception dinner were on the Cove side and everyone had a blast...so no need to fret!! There is also a 'kids club' where your family/friends could leave their children at for a few hours (if they feel comfortable doing that) if they wanted to go to the Spa side for dinner, etc. The actual Spa is on the Spa side, so they would need to leave the children behind if they wanted to do that. Just trying to give you an idea of where different things are located:)

         

         



         



        #2484 chase414

        chase414
        • Newbie
        • 97 posts

          Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

          I received the spa and salon services price list today.  If you're interested I will post them on here.  I asked if the bridal party and bride could use resort dollars towards hair and make-up and was told you could.  I also asked if the vacation dollars were a dollar to dollar match and they are!

           

          Does anyone know a good place to have a welcome cocktail hour?  I don't want to use my cocktail hour for the welcome party so I thought we could just all meet up somewhere and a couple of drinks.  I read on-line that the martini bar serves light snacks.  I figure we could just order snacks from wherever we met up.

           

          I want to save the private event cocktail hour for after the ceremony.

           

           

          Attached Files



          #2485 amberm390

          amberm390
          • Newbie
          • 98 posts

            Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:49 PM

            Chase- We had our 'welcome drinks' at the martini bar because we didn't want to pay for a private event for this. We just included it in our itinerary so our guests knew to meet us there at a certain time. Just some info...I honestly don't remember the 'light snacks' they are referring to online. Maybe at most they put peanuts and chips out on the bar. That's all I remember...it wasn't like appetizers or anything that you could order (unless I missed something!). Also, the martini bar is outside right on the water with open air sides. We ended up leaving the martini bar and relocating because we were there in December and it got chilly at night and we were all cold! I'm sure it will be warmer for you in May, so you probably don't have to worry about this. The martini bar also plays VERY loud music...I actually asked the bartender to turn it down so we could talk to each other...it was really loud! Otherwise, we basically had the place to ourselves and the drinks were delicious. It has a disco ball and different colored lights...so it's sort of like a disco atmosphere...not at all what you would expect a martini bar to be like. If you have fun people in your group it could be fun! Our group ended up enjoying the Cove side lobby bar (sports bar) better, so we relocated there.



            #2486 jszy10

            jszy10
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,192 posts

              Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:13 AM

              You can definitely use your resort dollars for that!  As your date approaches, there is actually a rep you can contact there to make your appointments ahead of time to, to make sure you have the exact timing you want.  I have deleted all of my emails, but if you ask Yesenia to put you in contact with her, I'm sure she will!!  

               

              I can actually say I never made it to the martini bar!?!  I know my brother went up there to grab a drink once when we were hanging by the lagoon, but I didn't get the chance to go there at night.  I do know there are lights and music though, so it could at least be a fun place to start!!  It is open and right on the water too! 

               

              Originally Posted by chase414 

              I received the spa and salon services price list today.  If you're interested I will post them on here.  I asked if the bridal party and bride could use resort dollars towards hair and make-up and was told you could.  I also asked if the vacation dollars were a dollar to dollar match and they are!

               

              Does anyone know a good place to have a welcome cocktail hour?  I don't want to use my cocktail hour for the welcome party so I thought we could just all meet up somewhere and a couple of drinks.  I read on-line that the martini bar serves light snacks.  I figure we could just order snacks from wherever we met up.

               

              I want to save the private event cocktail hour for after the ceremony.

               

               



               



              #2487 chase414

              chase414
              • Newbie
              • 97 posts

                Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:48 AM

                Okay, I guess that squashes that idea!  Too loud wouldn't be a good thing.  It may be good for after the reception dinner :)  I guess we'll do one of the lobby bars.  I appreciate the info.

                 

                Jess, Yesenia did send me the contact info for the spa/salon.  Do you think it would be too early to book the apts now?  I read on here somewhere that the salon and spa tend to book up quickly because of the resort dollars.  And I read on their website recently that they are now allowing guests to use all of their resort dollars on spa services.  I'm thinking that will increase the difficulty of booking an apt.

                 

                Do either of you remember how long it took them to do your hair and make-up?  Do they come to your room to do this or do you have to go to the salon?

                 

                Ceremony is at 4p.m. and it's only going to be my sister and I having hair and make-up done.  I don't want to book them too early and sit around all done up.

                 

                 



                #2488 jszy10

                jszy10
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,192 posts

                  Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:03 AM

                  I loved the SPA lobby bar!!  We spent a LOT of time there :o)  but I'm sure the COVE bar is very similar in atmosphere!

                   

                  I don't think it's too early to make your appointments!  I booked mine a few months in advance I believe.  Better safe than sorry I'd say!

                   

                  My wedding was at 5 and we started out appointments at 10:30 I believe, but there were 7 of us all together.  They do not come to your room, you have to go to the salon.  I would estimate 1hr - 1 1/2hrs for hair, just to be safe.  The language barrier is thick, so they tended to go slower to make sure everything was perfect.  Then give maybe another 45min - 1hr for makeup?  

                   

                  The woman for schedules spa appointments will actually send you a full schedule with time frames for everything, so that should help you plan better.  All you have to do is tell her what everyone wants done and either when you'd like to start or when you'd like to be done by, and she'll take care of fitting it all together for you!

                   

                  Originally Posted by chase414 

                  Okay, I guess that squashes that idea!  Too loud wouldn't be a good thing.  It may be good for after the reception dinner :)  I guess we'll do one of the lobby bars.  I appreciate the info.

                   

                  Jess, Yesenia did send me the contact info for the spa/salon.  Do you think it would be too early to book the apts now?  I read on here somewhere that the salon and spa tend to book up quickly because of the resort dollars.  And I read on their website recently that they are now allowing guests to use all of their resort dollars on spa services.  I'm thinking that will increase the difficulty of booking an apt.

                   

                  Do either of you remember how long it took them to do your hair and make-up?  Do they come to your room to do this or do you have to go to the salon?

                   

                  Ceremony is at 4p.m. and it's only going to be my sister and I having hair and make-up done.  I don't want to book them too early and sit around all done up.

                   

                   



                   



                  #2489 jennykay80

                  jennykay80
                  • Newbie
                  • 6 posts

                    Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

                    I am having the same worries as you! Our wedding is booked for April 26th and I was so sure I picked the right place but Tripadvisor has me panicking!



                    #2490 AbbyForever

                    AbbyForever
                    • Newbie
                    • 14 posts

                      Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:24 PM

                      Hi beautiful brides! Question for you -- do any of you have a grounds map / layout of the aventura spa/cove that you can email? I'm trying to put together welcome bags for my guests and want to print it out along with our itinerary. Also, do any of you have a list of possible wedding locations and reception locations? I'd love to see those too. Thanks in advance!

                       

                      XOXO

                      Bride-To-Be Abby






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users