• 98 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:26 PM

Reception dinner at Mundaca Steakhouse

IMG_2088.JPG

#2455 amberm390

amberm390
          • 98 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:33 PM

If you look behind our cake, there is a lower level terrace at Mundaca Steakhouse with rope lights on the railing. This is another option for your reception dinner (this does not have a roof though, so it would depend on weather). We chose not to have it down there because we were there in December and it got a little chilly at night, so it was warmer for us on the covered porch.

IMG_2116.JPG

#2456 amberm390

amberm390
            • 98 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:36 PM

Mundaca Steakhouse from another view...not completely private, but pretty private from the rest of the restaurant. We were still able to do toasts and stuff!

IMG_2136.JPG

#2457 amberm390

amberm390
              • 98 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:39 PM

Mexican Trio Band at cocktail hour! We decided to splurge for them, because that's something you can't really do anywhere else. It was GREAT entertainment during cocktail hour and our guests loved it because it was a surprise to them. The band even took requests:)

IMG_2048.JPG

#2458 jszy10

jszy10
                • 1,192 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:51 PM

We did the mexican trio for our cocktail party too and we LOVED them!!

To answer your question about the cocktail party...they set up a full service bar that your guests can walk up to, but they also have wait staff that will get drink for them!

#2459 chase414

chase414
                  • 97 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:28 PM

Thanks for sharing your photos!  I'm thinking of doing the Pandero for the cocktail party because I too went and bought paper lanterns!  I wonder if they could find a way to hang them up on the cove terrace.  I also made large tissue pom poms.  I won't fluff them till we get there though.

Now that I'm down to the last 3 months I've really been trying to get everything in order! I'm so overwhelmed.  Sometimes, I can't believe I'm doing this.  But I am starting to get really excited.  And seeing your photos and jscy10's photos have been a real help.  I can't thank you both enough.

We too are planning on either hiring the Mexican Trio or the Mariachi Band.

Is there a particular reason you went with the Mexican Trio instead of the Mariachi Band?

Also, when did you ladies hear from the site coordinator?  

And and maybe you can help me with this as well...I purchased the Emerald Collection and I'm thinking both of you purchased a collection as well since I see in the pics, the carriage and the harp player.  I was reading in one of the post that you had to pick for song selections for the ceremony. 

Procession, ceremony, toast and exit.  If this is the case when does the musician play?  Or can you have a procession song and have the musician play for the rest of it.  Do either of you know how this works?  I'm making myself sick trying to pick out 4 songs! Urggg.

We went shopping for hours today to purchase items for our OOT bags.  I scored big time at The Dollar Store for my bags!  .25 cents per bag!  Yes you read right and they're are so not cheapy looking.  We also bought beach bags for $1. each.  I'm going to roll them up and tie them with a ribbon and put them in the other bags.  They also have two pockets in the front so I can put the welcome letter in it.

Thanks so much and if you think there's anything else I should know please share!! :) 

Attached Files

• Attached File  002.JPG   93.83KB   4 downloads

#2460 jszy10

jszy10
                    • 1,192 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:55 PM

I chose the Trio because I figured it would be about the same but was over $100 cheaper I think?

I don't feel like I heard from my WC until about 2-3 months before.  I mostly dealt with Yesenia (sale coordinator) in Florida to request things I wanted until my WC finally contacted me..and they will change too sometimes...so I wouldn't stress too much about it.

I actually didn't choose a collection, I went with the complimentary, purchased the things we really wanted "a la carte" and just brought my own chair sashes.  If you pay for a musician to play, you don't have to pick songs unless you want to.  I didn't pick any songs, our harpist played the whole time!  You can go further and select songs for your musician to play, but I just let them play whatever they wanted and didn't stress about it. 

Nice find on the bags!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users