Photo

aventura spa palace

• Please log in to reply
2875 replies to this topic

#2411 sxcT

sxcT
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:16 PM

Beautiful!!  Looks like you had a great time.

#2412 amberm390

amberm390
    • 98 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:23 PM

Taryn, did you have something floating in the vases at your reception? I love those centerpieces and would like to try to make something similar for our at-home reception...

#2413 sxcT

sxcT
      • 1,282 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:20 PM

Yes - I had fake white orchids submerged in the water - 2 per vase.

(purchased at Michaels)

Originally Posted by amberm390 

Taryn, did you have something floating in the vases at your reception? I love those centerpieces and would like to try to make something similar for our at-home reception...

#2414 sxcT

sxcT
        • 1,282 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:22 PM

Hey girls!!  Just wanted to share my La Luna slideshow!!!  I was so excited to see it and I can't wait to share it with anyone willing to look at it LOL.  They did such and amazing job and I am so so so glad I booked them.  They were so much fun and such a pleasure to work with. 
          Enjoy!!

http://lalunaphotogr...ngs/taryn-david

#2415 echraide

echraide
          • 152 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:19 PM

I have La Luna doing our wedding too! I just love their work. I was a little disappointed when they called me and said that Rachel was no longer with them, but i think that Jonathon will do a great job. Who did you end up using as a DJ or did you iPod it?

Originally Posted by sxcT 

Hey girls!!  Just wanted to share my La Luna slideshow!!!  I was so excited to see it and I can't wait to share it with anyone willing to look at it LOL.  They did such and amazing job and I am so so so glad I booked them.  They were so much fun and such a pleasure to work with. 
            Enjoy!!

http://lalunaphotogr...ngs/taryn-david

#2416 sxcT

sxcT
            • 1,282 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:58 PM

I originally had Rachel too but a change had to be made and I got Melissa and Jonathan which was such a treat.  Great choice to go with La Luna.  Your photos will be fantastic!!

We used the iPad and a Bose speaker and it went very well.

Originally Posted by echraide 

I have La Luna doing our wedding too! I just love their work. I was a little disappointed when they called me and said that Rachel was no longer with them, but i think that Jonathon will do a great job. Who did you end up using as a DJ or did you iPod it?

#2417 echraide

echraide
              • 152 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:18 PM

I'm so happy to hear that! I've been considering doing a DJ but I'm so curious as to how the iPod works with pacing during dinner vs after-dinner, speeches, dances, and any other announcements. Did you just omit that sort of stuff or did you somehow work with it?

#2418 sxcT

sxcT
                • 1,282 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:26 PM

We did everything - speeches, dances, bouquet toss, garter toss, cake cutting.  We had separate playlists for everything single thing - entrance, bride and father, groom and mother, bride and mother, cake cutting, bouquet toss, garter toss, dinner music, party music, etc.  We had one of the groomsmen man the iPad and he announced us, each special dance and announced when it was time to do something.  The flow went pretty well.  We rushed through all the important stuff only because my photographer was leaving at 8 and we wanted all those special moments captured.  If you have a small group I would definitely recommend it.  No reason to spend a fortune on music when you have most if not all of it already.  =)

I'm so happy to hear that! I've been considering doing a DJ but I'm so curious as to how the iPod works with pacing during dinner vs after-dinner, speeches, dances, and any other announcements. Did you just omit that sort of stuff or did you somehow work with it?

#2419 MissNikki

MissNikki
                  • 57 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:38 AM

Hey xscT

Where was your reception area?  Was it on the spa or cove side?

Thanks

#2420 sxcT

sxcT
                    • 1,282 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:12 AM

Cove side - Solarium Mundaca!!

Originally Posted by MissNikki 

Hey xscT

Where was your reception area?  Was it on the spa or cove side?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users