Jump to content

Photo

aventura spa palace


  • Please log in to reply
2875 replies to this topic

#2411 sxcT

sxcT
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,282 posts

    Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:16 PM

    Beautiful!!  Looks like you had a great time.



    #2412 amberm390

    amberm390
    • Newbie
    • 98 posts

      Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:23 PM

      Taryn, did you have something floating in the vases at your reception? I love those centerpieces and would like to try to make something similar for our at-home reception...



      #2413 sxcT

      sxcT
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,282 posts

        Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:20 PM

        Yes - I had fake white orchids submerged in the water - 2 per vase.

        (purchased at Michaels)
         

        Originally Posted by amberm390 

        Taryn, did you have something floating in the vases at your reception? I love those centerpieces and would like to try to make something similar for our at-home reception...



         



        #2414 sxcT

        sxcT
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,282 posts

          Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:22 PM

          Hey girls!!  Just wanted to share my La Luna slideshow!!!  I was so excited to see it and I can't wait to share it with anyone willing to look at it LOL.  They did such and amazing job and I am so so so glad I booked them.  They were so much fun and such a pleasure to work with. 
          Enjoy!!

           

          http://lalunaphotogr...ngs/taryn-david

           

           



          #2415 echraide

          echraide
          • Jr. Member
          • 152 posts

            Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:19 PM


            I have La Luna doing our wedding too! I just love their work. I was a little disappointed when they called me and said that Rachel was no longer with them, but i think that Jonathon will do a great job. Who did you end up using as a DJ or did you iPod it?

            Originally Posted by sxcT 

            Hey girls!!  Just wanted to share my La Luna slideshow!!!  I was so excited to see it and I can't wait to share it with anyone willing to look at it LOL.  They did such and amazing job and I am so so so glad I booked them.  They were so much fun and such a pleasure to work with. 
            Enjoy!!

             

            http://lalunaphotogr...ngs/taryn-david

             

             



             



            #2416 sxcT

            sxcT
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,282 posts

              Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:58 PM

              I originally had Rachel too but a change had to be made and I got Melissa and Jonathan which was such a treat.  Great choice to go with La Luna.  Your photos will be fantastic!!

               

              We used the iPad and a Bose speaker and it went very well.

               


               

              Originally Posted by echraide 


              I have La Luna doing our wedding too! I just love their work. I was a little disappointed when they called me and said that Rachel was no longer with them, but i think that Jonathon will do a great job. Who did you end up using as a DJ or did you iPod it?



               



               



              #2417 echraide

              echraide
              • Jr. Member
              • 152 posts

                Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:18 PM


                I'm so happy to hear that! I've been considering doing a DJ but I'm so curious as to how the iPod works with pacing during dinner vs after-dinner, speeches, dances, and any other announcements. Did you just omit that sort of stuff or did you somehow work with it?

                Originally Posted by echraide 


                I have La Luna doing our wedding too! I just love their work. I was a little disappointed when they called me and said that Rachel was no longer with them, but i think that Jonathon will do a great job. Who did you end up using as a DJ or did you iPod it?



                 



                 



                #2418 sxcT

                sxcT
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,282 posts

                  Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:26 PM

                  We did everything - speeches, dances, bouquet toss, garter toss, cake cutting.  We had separate playlists for everything single thing - entrance, bride and father, groom and mother, bride and mother, cake cutting, bouquet toss, garter toss, dinner music, party music, etc.  We had one of the groomsmen man the iPad and he announced us, each special dance and announced when it was time to do something.  The flow went pretty well.  We rushed through all the important stuff only because my photographer was leaving at 8 and we wanted all those special moments captured.  If you have a small group I would definitely recommend it.  No reason to spend a fortune on music when you have most if not all of it already.  =)
                   

                  Originally Posted by echraide 


                  I'm so happy to hear that! I've been considering doing a DJ but I'm so curious as to how the iPod works with pacing during dinner vs after-dinner, speeches, dances, and any other announcements. Did you just omit that sort of stuff or did you somehow work with it?



                   



                   



                  #2419 MissNikki

                  MissNikki
                  • Newbie
                  • 57 posts

                    Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:38 AM

                    Hey xscT

                     

                    Where was your reception area?  Was it on the spa or cove side?

                     

                    Thanks



                    #2420 sxcT

                    sxcT
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,282 posts

                      Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:12 AM

                      Cove side - Solarium Mundaca!!
                       

                      Originally Posted by MissNikki 

                      Hey xscT

                       

                      Where was your reception area?  Was it on the spa or cove side?

                       

                      Thanks



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users