Jump to content

Photo

aventura spa palace


  • Please log in to reply
2875 replies to this topic

#2281 amberm390

amberm390
  • Newbie
  • 98 posts

    Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:08 PM

    Hey my email is

    Hi There!

     

    I had my event at the Mundaca Inlet and it was so beautiful there! My guests absolutly loved the location and because capacity is low it was the perfect place for the event. Honestly, I didn't see one kid the whole time we were there. It's a very private area and the bar setup is really cool. If you give me your email address I will send you some photos from the location I would def. suggest this area for your Welcome Party! :)

     

    - Lauren



     



    #2282 sxcT

    sxcT
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,282 posts

      Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:29 PM

      Thanks Lauren.  PM'd you.
       

      Originally Posted by runcol2 

      Hi There!

       

      I had my event at the Mundaca Inlet and it was so beautiful there! My guests absolutly loved the location and because capacity is low it was the perfect place for the event. Honestly, I didn't see one kid the whole time we were there. It's a very private area and the bar setup is really cool. If you give me your email address I will send you some photos from the location I would def. suggest this area for your Welcome Party! :)

       

      - Lauren



       



      #2283 IreneAnnLiardo

      IreneAnnLiardo
      • Newbie
      • 4 posts

        Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:18 PM

        Hi Ladies...Im Irene & nervous!....Congrats to all the future Aventura Spa Palace Brides..I'm new to this site and  I M GETTING MARRIED THERE IN TWO MONTHS AND OFFICIALLY FREAKING OUT!.. PLEASE HELP...I have read some of the stuff you guys have recently posted and i feel like im soooooo lost..  I have been there two times before, our first visit was the time Kevin proposed to me " very Romantic" and the second time back we decided this was  the place for us to get married.. We absolutely LOVE the place and if there are any question i can possibly help with, please ask and i will try.. This past year in 2010, we took out best friends with out who happen to travel everywhere, they absolutely LOVED it and said it was one of their most memorable trips.. The Place is soooooo gorgeous and SAFE!.....I know about the resort but nothing about wedding planning.. PLEASE HELP!



        #2284 IreneAnnLiardo

        IreneAnnLiardo
        • Newbie
        • 4 posts

          Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:20 PM

          Hi Lauren,

          Im New to This Blog and i would love to see the photos from Mundacas Inlet... I will be getting married there soon and freaking out because i have not done much yet..My email address is FemInBrooklyn@aol.com..  I would love to see some photos



          #2285 sxcT

          sxcT
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,282 posts

            Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:16 AM

            Welcome Irene!! 

            Hi Lauren,

            Im New to This Blog and i would love to see the photos from Mundacas Inlet... I will be getting married there soon and freaking out because i have not done much yet..My email address is FemInBrooklyn@aol.com..  I would love to see some photos



             



            #2286 IreneAnnLiardo

            IreneAnnLiardo
            • Newbie
            • 4 posts

              Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:30 PM

              Our wedding date is November 26th but we will be arriving on November 22 a few days before... We have been there two times before and we LOOOVE Aventura Spa Palace.. It's where we got engaged so we thought it would be perfect to get married there...We have not yet picked the locations for everything besides the ceremony at Coba Gazebo....It's Gorgeous... not sure were to do the others... is it recommended to have a gap of time in between the cocktail hour and the ceremony for photos... I have created and bought some table decorations but besides that nothing else... oh and we hired a dj [expensive] but we really love to dance lol... any advice on cake flavors? Foods? How to get a photographer in lol

              #2287 jszy10

              jszy10
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,192 posts

                Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:36 PM

                Hey Irene!! Congrats and welcome!!

                 

                I would probably suggest giving a half hour between your ceremony and cocktail party.  After our ceremony we had the champagne toast, mingled a little and then did family pictures, so that would be wasted time for a cocktail hour to start I think?  Maybe it depends on how big of a group you are having?  I only had 16, so everyone was involved in some way with family/group pictures.

                 

                We got tres leches for our cake and LOVED it.

                 

                As far as the photog goes, I just told Yesenia who we were using and she "approved" him as an outside vendor, then I just had to pay for a visitors pass for him for the day.  I used Octavio Montes and was VERY happy with his work and pricing.
                 

                Originally Posted by IreneAnnLiardo 

                Our wedding date is November 26th but we will be arriving on November 22 a few days before... We have been there two times before and we LOOOVE Aventura Spa Palace.. It's where we got engaged so we thought it would be perfect to get married there...We have not yet picked the locations for everything besides the ceremony at Coba Gazebo....It's Gorgeous... not sure were to do the others... is it recommended to have a gap of time in between the cocktail hour and the ceremony for photos... I have created and bought some table decorations but besides that nothing else... oh and we hired a dj [expensive] but we really love to dance lol... any advice on cake flavors? Foods? How to get a photographer in lol


                 



                #2288 amberm390

                amberm390
                • Newbie
                • 98 posts

                  Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:39 PM

                  Hi ladies and welcome Irene!!

                   

                  Jess- I have not even been given the choice of tres leches cake...we have lonly been given the choice of chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, fruit, lemon, or cheese. Did you pick chantilly or fondant for the icing?? Also Jess, did you have to pick a set menu for your guests at Mundaca or could people just order whatever they want from the menu?

                   

                  So Mercedes emailed me back and I feel like she contradicts herself from one email to another...it's so frustraing because I don't know what to believe! She has us arriving on the completely wrong day and had me down for a certain wedding gazebo and that we had 22 people attending and I NEVER told her any of that, so I just don't get it! Maybe she's confusing me with another bride the week before us?? Who knows!

                   

                  Mercedes suggested the Maracas terrace for our cocktail hour...anyone familiar with this area? I asked to see pictures of different areas and she didn't send them. Now I'm seeing why people get so frustrated, but I'm trying to keep my cool and know that everything will work out once we get there:)
                   

                  Does anyone know for sure that we DO NOT need a marriage certificate for a symbolic ceremony? Mercedes said that we don't need one, but all the emails say we do. I just don't want to get down there and not have what we need.
                   

                  Originally Posted by jszy10 

                  Hey Irene!! Congrats and welcome!!

                   

                  I would probably suggest giving a half hour between your ceremony and cocktail party.  After our ceremony we had the champagne toast, mingled a little and then did family pictures, so that would be wasted time for a cocktail hour to start I think?  Maybe it depends on how big of a group you are having?  I only had 16, so everyone was involved in some way with family/group pictures.

                   

                  We got tres leches for our cake and LOVED it.

                   

                  As far as the photog goes, I just told Yesenia who we were using and she "approved" him as an outside vendor, then I just had to pay for a visitors pass for him for the day.  I used Octavio Montes and was VERY happy with his work and pricing.
                   



                   



                   



                  #2289 jszy10

                  jszy10
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,192 posts

                    Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:57 PM

                    You know what Amber, Tres Leches wasn't listed as an option for me either.  I just told her that was what I wanted and she said "OK!" haha.  I chose the Chantilly -- its close to a buttercream -- and she put chocolate shells/coral/etc. on it. Here is a picture of my cake:

                     

                    IMG_2194.JPG

                     

                     

                    and I did not pick any kind of set menu at Mundaca.  I did see that somewhere as a "recommendation", but she never mentioned it to me at the meeting.

                     

                    It would definitely be frustrating to get wrong information!!!  I would just email her back with ALL of your specific details again to be clear, and then save/print it!

                     

                    I can't help you with the maracas terrace because I'm not familiar, but I do have the "Private Events" document if you want to see it?  It does have some small pictures.



                    #2290 amberm390

                    amberm390
                    • Newbie
                    • 98 posts

                      Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:28 PM

                      Thanks Jess...you are so helpful:) What does tres leches taste like? I was just going to go with vanilla because it's pretty standard, but maybe tres leches if you liked it so much!

                       

                      I don't want to pick a set menu at Mundaca either, so good to know that we don't have to.

                       

                      I can request the 'private events' document from her...thank you though! I just can't open attachments on here:/

                       

                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users