Jump to content

Photo

aventura spa palace


  • Please log in to reply
2875 replies to this topic

#2211 kloos5

kloos5
  • Site Supporter
  • 60 posts

    Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:54 PM

    Hi Guys!

    I have a question please! Does anybody know where to buy acrylic/ plastic clear cylinder vases? About 15" tall? I have been looking everywhere and nothing!!

    Thank You!



    #2212 jszy10

    jszy10
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,192 posts

      Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:01 PM

      :o  wish I could help...no clue!?  Have you tried your local craft stores?? Walmart??
       

      Originally Posted by kloos5 

      Hi Guys!

      I have a question please! Does anybody know where to buy acrylic/ plastic clear cylinder vases? About 15" tall? I have been looking everywhere and nothing!!

      Thank You!



       



      #2213 J-me

      J-me
      • Jr. Member
      • 398 posts

        Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:42 PM

        Michael's, Hobby Lobby, or any craft store near you is sure to carry them! Good luck!

         

        Originally Posted by kloos5 

        Hi Guys!

        I have a question please! Does anybody know where to buy acrylic/ plastic clear cylinder vases? About 15" tall? I have been looking everywhere and nothing!!

        Thank You!



         



        #2214 echraide

        echraide
        • Jr. Member
        • 152 posts

          Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:22 PM


          Kloos5,

          My understanding after reading the wedding contract/faq's was that they wouldn't allow things to be shipped directly to the resort. Were you able to work around that policy?

           

           

           

          Originally Posted by kloos5 

          Hi Jessica,

           

          Thank you so much for such a detailed review. Very helpful. I have a question about your OOT bags... Did the guest like them? Were they useful or expected? I decided not to do them and give guests favors from 1.Poland- since that's where I am from 2 US since FI from there

          and Mexico since that's where we chose to get married. I decisded not to bring anything with me on the plane and am having it all shiped to the resort ( cheap!). I love your decorations- did you bring them with you? Or they supplied them? Thank you !



           



          #2215 kloos5

          kloos5
          • Site Supporter
          • 60 posts

            Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:41 PM

            Thank you Ladies!

             

            I did check n all the regular places and there are no plastic Vases anywhere- not even online.

             

            Yes, I am shipping to the hotel- everything basically even the favors. Have not heard about such policy. :)



            #2216 jszy10

            jszy10
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,192 posts

              Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:50 PM

              I would definitely check into the shipping.  I do believe the resort does not allow for any shipping because of the liability.
               

              Originally Posted by kloos5 

              Thank you Ladies!

               

              I did check n all the regular places and there are no plastic Vases anywhere- not even online.

               

              Yes, I am shipping to the hotel- everything basically even the favors. Have not heard about such policy. :)



               



              #2217 sxcT

              sxcT
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,282 posts

                Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:10 AM

                I've heard the same thing....no shipping to the resort.  Plus all your items could get stuck in customs and then you would have NOTHING!!!  Definitely bring everything with you. 

                 

                I don't think any one has ever found tall plastic vases.  There have been a few threads on it but no one has been successful. 



                #2218 jszy10

                jszy10
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,192 posts

                  Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:25 AM

                  If you just need vases, I would ask your WC.  Wilma was willing to give me 5 small vases for free for my reception dinner for my girls bouquets that I made and brought with me.  



                  #2219 angelov321

                  angelov321
                  • Member
                  • 548 posts

                    Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:39 AM

                    Hey girls!

                     

                    I was out of town for 2 weeks, so Im just now checking up on the ASP thread. Figured I chime in and give my 2 cents. :)

                     

                    For my cocktail party and sweetheart table during the reception, Wilma allowed us to use the resorts vases with candles as decoration. Theyre just small hurricane glasses, nothing fancy. If you want, you can ask your WC to use those and maybe bring some extra stuff to add to them. We purchased tall vases from Hobby Lobby for the guests tables and ordered the flowers through Wilma. 

                     

                    As far as your concerns with people booking, girl, been there, done that! My wedding was in November and the majority of people didnt start booking until the end of September. Some people even waited until mid-october. We used a TA and he gave everyone a deadline and basically everyone waited for that deadline. People are gonna book when theyre ready and no matter how much you fuss and complain, people are just gonna do what they want. I complained on FB, emailed, texted, called and no one budged. Its really just added stress that is not needed. They will book, but unfortunately its when its convenient for them, not you. It really sucks! 

                     

                    There are no "less windy" outdoor areas. Its really a gamble, My cocktail party felt like it was during a hurricane. Glasses were flying everywhere and no girl could keep her dress from flying up. The next day, our ceremony and reception were calm. (thank goodness!) The resort is right by the ocean, so its gonna be windy unfortunately. 

                     

                    I think I got the most of the big concerns. Good luck with your planning ladies! Remember to not sweat the small stuff. Youll look back at it later and realize it soo wasnt worth the stress! :)



                    #2220 sxcT

                    sxcT
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,282 posts

                      Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:33 AM



                      Originally Posted by angelov321 

                      Hey girls!

                       

                      I was out of town for 2 weeks, so Im just now checking up on the ASP thread. Figured I chime in and give my 2 cents. :)

                       

                      For my cocktail party and sweetheart table during the reception, Wilma allowed us to use the resorts vases with candles as decoration. Theyre just small hurricane glasses, nothing fancy. If you want, you can ask your WC to use those and maybe bring some extra stuff to add to them. We purchased tall vases from Hobby Lobby for the guests tables and ordered the flowers through Wilma. 

                       

                      As far as your concerns with people booking, girl, been there, done that! My wedding was in November and the majority of people didnt start booking until the end of September. Some people even waited until mid-october. We used a TA and he gave everyone a deadline and basically everyone waited for that deadline. People are gonna book when theyre ready and no matter how much you fuss and complain, people are just gonna do what they want. I complained on FB, emailed, texted, called and no one budged. Its really just added stress that is not needed. They will book, but unfortunately its when its convenient for them, not you. It really sucks! 

                       

                      There are no "less windy" outdoor areas. Its really a gamble, My cocktail party felt like it was during a hurricane. Glasses were flying everywhere and no girl could keep her dress from flying up. The next day, our ceremony and reception were calm. (thank goodness!) The resort is right by the ocean, so its gonna be windy unfortunately. 

                       

                      I think I got the most of the big concerns. Good luck with your planning ladies! Remember to not sweat the small stuff. Youll look back at it later and realize it soo wasnt worth the stress! :)


                      Thanks for these reminders!!

                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users