Jump to content

Photo

aventura spa palace


  • Please log in to reply
2875 replies to this topic

#2201 J-me

J-me
  • Jr. Member
  • 398 posts

    Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:40 PM

    Congrats on hitting the 4 month mark - you MUST be so excited!!! I don't blame you for feeling anxious - my group is full of procrastinators too, and even though mine isn't until April I'm worried I'll have the same issue. BUT....you have the right attitude - don't let it bother you because it'll be the best time of your life, regardless of how many ppl are there. The MOST important ones are - you and him :)

     

    Originally Posted by sxcT 

    Hey ladies.  I am down to 4 MONTHS from today!!!

     

    We still haven't had any additional ppl book since I sent out the invites.  It's a little disappointing.  Our group is full of procrastinators.  Even our own family hasn't booked...so sad.  But I can't let it bother me.  The next 4 months are gonna fly by.  Each day, each week and each month just disappears.  I'm so excited.



     



    #2202 alysam4785

    alysam4785
    • Jr. Member
    • 176 posts

      Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:18 PM

      Hey sxct,

       

      Don't worry I'm getting married on November 5th, and pretty much none of my wedding party has booked yet...  and that's 11 people right there haha. I have 26 people coming that I know for sure so we still a decent amount of people who are procrastinating lol. I'm probably just gunna remind everyone that they have to book this month before the rooms get released.
       

      Originally Posted by sxcT 

      Hey ladies.  I am down to 4 MONTHS from today!!!

       

      We still haven't had any additional ppl book since I sent out the invites.  It's a little disappointing.  Our group is full of procrastinators.  Even our own family hasn't booked...so sad.  But I can't let it bother me.  The next 4 months are gonna fly by.  Each day, each week and each month just disappears.  I'm so excited.



       



      #2203 runcol2

      runcol2
      • Newbie
      • 19 posts

        Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:36 AM

        Hey everyone,

         

        I know I haven't posted in a while but I had my wedding at ASP on June 3 and it was perfect. Someone had asked about having the reception inside and we did. It was beatiful and made the event feel that much more like a wedding. My guests appreciated us having it inside in the Tikal ballroom because it got them out of the heat for dinner and dancing. I had the ceremony and the cocktail hour outside which was a big hit. The cocktail hour was in the Tulum Garden which is connected to the Tulum Gazebo (where we had our ceremony). Our guests got to look on while we were taking our pictures with the photographers and they were all able to snap some pics as well. The event went off without a hitch! Even some of the small details that got missed didn't matter because we were in paradise with so many of our friends and family. We should be getting our pictures back from La Luna sometime in the next week or so and I can't freaking wait to see how those turned out!

         

        Just a friendly piece of advice to all the brides anxiously awaiting their big day at ASP. Trust your wedding planner and have patience. You really don't need to make any arrangements before you get there. When you meet with the coordinator she will go over absolutly EVERYTHING with you. I know alot of the gals wanted to have a private event on the pandero terrace but were disappointed with how it looks now. Well we had our welcome dinner on the Mundaca Terrace on the Cove Side and it was magical over there! The staff really goes out of their way to make each of your private events super special!

         

        Happy planning!!

         

        Lauren <3



        #2204 sxcT

        sxcT
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,282 posts

          Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:47 AM



          Originally Posted by J-me 

          Congrats on hitting the 4 month mark - you MUST be so excited!!! I don't blame you for feeling anxious - my group is full of procrastinators too, and even though mine isn't until April I'm worried I'll have the same issue. BUT....you have the right attitude - don't let it bother you because it'll be the best time of your life, regardless of how many ppl are there. The MOST important ones are - you and him :)

           



           

           

           

          Very true!!  Thanks
           

           



          #2205 sxcT

          sxcT
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,282 posts

            Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:52 AM

            I keep sending out emails about pricing for flights and reminding them to reserve their room....but still nothing.  Everyone says they will do it this weekend, next week, next paycheck...but still nothing.  Oh well.  I actually need to look into when I need to release my rooms before I get penalized.  Thanks for the reminder.
             

            Originally Posted by alysam4785 

            Hey sxct,

             

            Don't worry I'm getting married on November 5th, and pretty much none of my wedding party has booked yet...  and that's 11 people right there haha. I have 26 people coming that I know for sure so we still a decent amount of people who are procrastinating lol. I'm probably just gunna remind everyone that they have to book this month before the rooms get released.
             



             



             



            #2206 noelles

            noelles
            • Site Supporter
            • 68 posts

              Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:18 AM

              we are getting married on the cove side, we have way to many kids to even consider the other lol we are there February 1,2012, booked planned save the dates out invites out and 22 joining us so far

               


              February 1, 2012, 4pm Aventura Cove Palace

              21 booked and counting


              #2207 kloos5

              kloos5
              • Site Supporter
              • 60 posts

                Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:37 AM


                Hi Taryn,

                 

                I am really sorry to hear that. I think this will help you... when I hired my TA I specified that I DO NOT WISH to be dealing with bookings, money, CC payments etc. She actually offered to be sending out e-maisl, reminders, requested a phone list from me for all the guests and basically is HARASSING lol them for payments because that's exactly what they do...-" Next week, not this paycheck etc" She told me not to worry that she will handle everything and if she has to call them in the pm- she would do that, too. So, now if I want her to add another guest to the list I just e-mail their info and she keeps e-mailing and calling. I do NOTHING and wait for updates via e-mail. That's it.

                 

                I do not know you.. but you have helped me a lot with your advice and by what I can say- you worked your b.tt off for all the OOT and Beautiful invites, that's way more than regular brides do.( read- ME:) You have made sure that everything is so coordinated and just beautiful, so now tell your TA to do all the e-mails and to haut your guests for you!

                 

                You will be surprised what an effect can that have on people- they will act differently dealing with a stranger than You.

                 

                Another example... I am a personal trainer and have my own studio in FL. Prior to hiring an assistant to do billing for me, I was MISERABLE! I felt bad for charging people, I always gave discounts, post poned cashing checks etc When I got that part straightened out- my assistant acts like the " BAD Guy" - not me- everything has been running so smoothly - and I do not feel bad anymore!

                 

                So, now back to you... when somebody mentions wedding to me and the the deposit schedule and how hard is it to make payments etc, I simply say: " Oh, Karen I am so sorry to hear that but I hired somebody specifically for dealing with bookings! Do you have her number? She is very sweet and you can talk to her about your concerns" Taryn, I am not joking you... I get feedback from my TA every 10 days or so- and she never hears them complain.. because they feel embarrased to be complaining about money to a complete stranger. They give their CC and she sends them confirmation of payment. Hush. Not even one word uttered about payments.

                 

                Another thing is... people whom you are a priority to- WILL BE THERE! Even if they have to save $100/$200 a month - they will find a way. Other people will drive you nuts and complain like crazy! You know what's funny? My fiance said the other night " Edyta, when you think about the destination weddings, all the guests are paying for themselves to be on a vacation! It's not like they are giving the couple $1200! It's for THEM! not US!"

                 

                I think he is so right. So, please do not worry. I am leaving in less than 4 months. You are 2 weeks behind me.. you will be fine... the scenery is way better than any City Hall I have seen or been to, at least in the US,... I am sure you and your fiance will have the time of your life!

                 

                Take Care:)

                Edyta
                 

                Originally Posted by sxcT 

                I keep sending out emails about pricing for flights and reminding them to reserve their room....but still nothing.  Everyone says they will do it this weekend, next week, next paycheck...but still nothing.  Oh well.  I actually need to look into when I need to release my rooms before I get penalized.  Thanks for the reminder.
                 



                 



                 



                #2208 sxcT

                sxcT
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,282 posts

                  Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:04 PM

                  Edyta -

                   

                  Thank you so very much for posting this.  I had no idea travel agents do that stuff.  I will definitely be contacting mine and giving her a list of guests and contact info.  That is awesome that you haven't had to deal with any issues or people complaining.  What a relief!!  And it is so true...most people will not complain or make excuses to a stranger.  Gosh I'm so glad you posted this.

                   

                  Thank you so much for the compliments too.  I do feel like I put in a lot of work to make everything beautiful and exciting for my guests and the wedding but when you get nothing out of it, no responses, no comments....NOTHING...sometimes I feel like it was a waste.  Thanks for reminding me it isn't.  Glad I could help you and I am so thankful you helped me.
                   

                  Originally Posted by kloos5 


                  Hi Taryn,

                   

                  I am really sorry to hear that. I think this will help you... when I hired my TA I specified that I DO NOT WISH to be dealing with bookings, money, CC payments etc. She actually offered to be sending out e-maisl, reminders, requested a phone list from me for all the guests and basically is HARASSING lol them for payments because that's exactly what they do...-" Next week, not this paycheck etc" She told me not to worry that she will handle everything and if she has to call them in the pm- she would do that, too. So, now if I want her to add another guest to the list I just e-mail their info and she keeps e-mailing and calling. I do NOTHING and wait for updates via e-mail. That's it.

                   

                  I do not know you.. but you have helped me a lot with your advice and by what I can say- you worked your b.tt off for all the OOT and Beautiful invites, that's way more than regular brides do.( read- ME:) You have made sure that everything is so coordinated and just beautiful, so now tell your TA to do all the e-mails and to haut your guests for you!

                   

                  You will be surprised what an effect can that have on people- they will act differently dealing with a stranger than You.

                   

                  Another example... I am a personal trainer and have my own studio in FL. Prior to hiring an assistant to do billing for me, I was MISERABLE! I felt bad for charging people, I always gave discounts, post poned cashing checks etc When I got that part straightened out- my assistant acts like the " BAD Guy" - not me- everything has been running so smoothly - and I do not feel bad anymore!

                   

                  So, now back to you... when somebody mentions wedding to me and the the deposit schedule and how hard is it to make payments etc, I simply say: " Oh, Karen I am so sorry to hear that but I hired somebody specifically for dealing with bookings! Do you have her number? She is very sweet and you can talk to her about your concerns" Taryn, I am not joking you... I get feedback from my TA every 10 days or so- and she never hears them complain.. because they feel embarrased to be complaining about money to a complete stranger. They give their CC and she sends them confirmation of payment. Hush. Not even one word uttered about payments.

                   

                  Another thing is... people whom you are a priority to- WILL BE THERE! Even if they have to save $100/$200 a month - they will find a way. Other people will drive you nuts and complain like crazy! You know what's funny? My fiance said the other night " Edyta, when you think about the destination weddings, all the guests are paying for themselves to be on a vacation! It's not like they are giving the couple $1200! It's for THEM! not US!"

                   

                  I think he is so right. So, please do not worry. I am leaving in less than 4 months. You are 2 weeks behind me.. you will be fine... the scenery is way better than any City Hall I have seen or been to, at least in the US,... I am sure you and your fiance will have the time of your life!

                   

                  Take Care:)

                  Edyta
                   



                   



                   



                  #2209 anichols8

                  anichols8
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 232 posts

                    Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:10 PM

                    I have had some complaining about pricing too.  Today I considered switching from Cabo to Cancun to save on flights but then I realized I have to do what I want to do and the people who want to be there will be there.  I also had no idea a TA would do all of that.  I guess I will start back harassing mine! LOL



                    #2210 jszy10

                    jszy10
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,192 posts

                      Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:46 PM

                      Yes!!!  That is the TA's job!!!  I didn't deal with bookings AT ALL.  My passport invites included the TA's info, and that was that.  I know how you girls feel with stressing about who has booked and who hasn't, and all I can say from going through it, it really is true that the people who are going to book will book, and the people who are not really going to book will tell you until they are blue in the face that "they will"...but they won't.  You can't waste your planning time worry about who might or might not come.  I know that is SO much easier said than done, but we had family that promised they would be there, and weren't.  You really have to be able to face that with a DW (I know that seems so mean!!).  Regardless of whether you have 20 or 60 people, you will have the time of your life.  I did, and I'm still wishing we were back there with the exact people who went with us EVERY day!!!  Enjoy your planning ladies, and definitely leave the booking to the TA!!  :o)






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users