Jump to content

Photo

aventura spa palace


  • Please log in to reply
2875 replies to this topic

#2141 angelov321

angelov321
  • Member
  • 548 posts

    Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:17 AM


    The technician made the announcements for us. I was on the same boat as you. I was so concerned with announcements and flow and good music. I was so stressed out when they came back with that ridiculous request. Even the DJ was shocked. If you go through JSAV talk to Michell, he is in charge of everything. Once we got to ASP, we talked to him in person and requested the tech to make the announcements, but supposedly because we requested it late, he only had a Spanish speaking tech available. That was fine for us b/c we speak Spanish, but if you dont, speak with him early so you can get an English speaking tech. 

    Originally Posted by J-me 

    Wow!!! $100K insurance policy?! Sounds crazy ridiculous!! And honestly, sounds like just a ludicrous way they get you to go with their ppl versus bringing in someone else.

     

    I wouldn't mind making a playlist either and just renting the equipment, but I just don't want to have to ask any of my guests to 'man' it and make announcements, etc. Did you have someone as an Emcee (sp?) to help guide the flow of speeches, toasts, special dances, etc.?

     

    Thank you - already very helpful! :)

     



     



     



    #2142 sxcT

    sxcT
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,282 posts

      Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:31 AM

      JESSICA!!!!

       

      I can't believe you leave in 5 days.  How exciting.  I am so happy for you.  I've told you many times before but I have to tell you again....your guests are going to love everything you have done/made for them.  You did a great job!!

       

      So any advice to other brides on what to think of, what to do or what not to forget to bring/do/buy a few days before leaving??  Or are you still figuring that out??  LOL 



      #2143 jszy10

      jszy10
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,192 posts

        Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:47 AM

        Yay!!!!!!! :o)  Thank you so much!!

         

        Hmm... haha... my head has been spinning lately, feeling like I'm going to forget something.  I would definitely suggest a few weeks out to start making your packing list.  I did mine in Word and just added to it everytime I thought of something.  Now that I am so close, Wilma is emailing me responses within 24 hours, sometimes less!  So she has been great.

         

        It helped me to sort of go through my wedding day and other days and think about everything I'm going to need.  I almost forgot all about the little things, like my garter and my cake serving set and the sand for my sand ceremony lol.  Right now I am just finishing up my welcome books, I already have two carry-ons packed with decorations, OOT bag stuff and gifts and I'll start packing everything else this weekend.  I'm lucky to have a craft room that has sort of become my wedding central, so I can almost guarantee everything I need is somewhere in that room..

         

        I also have a folder of paperwork that I'm taking with me on my carry on that includes all conversations/promises from Wilma, Yesenia and other people from the resort -- just to cover myself, a printout of the confirmation #'s for our spa treatments that I'll check as soon as we get there and all travel documents.
         

        I'm so excited to get on the plane!!!

         

        Originally Posted by sxcT 

        JESSICA!!!!

         

        I can't believe you leave in 5 days.  How exciting.  I am so happy for you.  I've told you many times before but I have to tell you again....your guests are going to love everything you have done/made for them.  You did a great job!!

         

        So any advice to other brides on what to think of, what to do or what not to forget to bring/do/buy a few days before leaving??  Or are you still figuring that out??  LOL 



         



        #2144 MarTeeNi007

        MarTeeNi007
        • Site Supporter
        • 36 posts

          Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:55 PM

          I'm sooo happy for you Jess.  You must be so excited.  I too have started a little list of the minor details we tend to forget like the garter, cake serving set, etc.  Make sure you have somebody pick those things up at the end of the night.  I read here that with all the hoopla that they forgot to take those home. I can't wait to see your pictures and hear your experience. 

           

          I'm very happy for you!!!

           

          Originally Posted by jszy10 

          Yay!!!!!!! :o)  Thank you so much!!

           

          Hmm... haha... my head has been spinning lately, feeling like I'm going to forget something.  I would definitely suggest a few weeks out to start making your packing list.  I did mine in Word and just added to it everytime I thought of something.  Now that I am so close, Wilma is emailing me responses within 24 hours, sometimes less!  So she has been great.

           

          It helped me to sort of go through my wedding day and other days and think about everything I'm going to need.  I almost forgot all about the little things, like my garter and my cake serving set and the sand for my sand ceremony lol.  Right now I am just finishing up my welcome books, I already have two carry-ons packed with decorations, OOT bag stuff and gifts and I'll start packing everything else this weekend.  I'm lucky to have a craft room that has sort of become my wedding central, so I can almost guarantee everything I need is somewhere in that room..

           

          I also have a folder of paperwork that I'm taking with me on my carry on that includes all conversations/promises from Wilma, Yesenia and other people from the resort -- just to cover myself, a printout of the confirmation #'s for our spa treatments that I'll check as soon as we get there and all travel documents.
           

          I'm so excited to get on the plane!!!

           



           



           



          #2145 sxcT

          sxcT
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,282 posts

            Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:10 PM

            Yea I already have a checklist of things "to do" and another general "things" list for everything wedding.  I love when I get to cross stuff off.  Since I love vacation so much I usually always have my suitcase open at least a week before so I can only imagine how I will be for the wedding.  A month out I'll probably start packing stuff up cause I'll be so excited and then I'll have to unpack and repack and so on LMAO.  Good tip about the folder and all the important documents.  Do you have a lot of people traveling on your flight?  I am really hoping to get the whole bridal party on the same flight.  I can only imagine how crazy and rowdy we will be.  I think getting on the plane has got to be such an amazing feeling.  Just don't start racking your brain about what you might have forgotten.  I have a tendency to do that.  Whatever you might forget I bet you can get it there.  Enjoy these next few days - hope they aren't too crazy for you!!
             

            Originally Posted by jszy10 

            Yay!!!!!!! :o)  Thank you so much!!

             

            Hmm... haha... my head has been spinning lately, feeling like I'm going to forget something.  I would definitely suggest a few weeks out to start making your packing list.  I did mine in Word and just added to it everytime I thought of something.  Now that I am so close, Wilma is emailing me responses within 24 hours, sometimes less!  So she has been great.

             

            It helped me to sort of go through my wedding day and other days and think about everything I'm going to need.  I almost forgot all about the little things, like my garter and my cake serving set and the sand for my sand ceremony lol.  Right now I am just finishing up my welcome books, I already have two carry-ons packed with decorations, OOT bag stuff and gifts and I'll start packing everything else this weekend.  I'm lucky to have a craft room that has sort of become my wedding central, so I can almost guarantee everything I need is somewhere in that room..

             

            I also have a folder of paperwork that I'm taking with me on my carry on that includes all conversations/promises from Wilma, Yesenia and other people from the resort -- just to cover myself, a printout of the confirmation #'s for our spa treatments that I'll check as soon as we get there and all travel documents.
             

            I'm so excited to get on the plane!!!

             



             



             



            #2146 jszy10

            jszy10
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,192 posts

              Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:33 PM

              Ahhhh ok ladies...I leave in 3 days...Wilma says I need to choose:

               

              (1) my cocktail hor's dourve menu -- I was thinking the mexican??

              (2) my cake, flavor and "cover" as she calls it?

              (3) our breakfast in bed choice

               

              suggestions ladies!?!?!  I know we'll pick them out when we have our meeting on Thursday, but I'd love some input before we leave!



              #2147 sxcT

              sxcT
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,282 posts

                Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:12 AM

                1) - I think Mexican is perfect!!

                2) - Can't remember the flavor choices but I think they have a cheescake one and I heard some brides say it was delish!!

                3) - One of everything please!!  :P
                 

                Originally Posted by jszy10 

                Ahhhh ok ladies...I leave in 3 days...Wilma says I need to choose:

                 

                (1) my cocktail hor's dourve menu -- I was thinking the mexican??

                (2) my cake, flavor and "cover" as she calls it?

                (3) our breakfast in bed choice

                 

                suggestions ladies!?!?!  I know we'll pick them out when we have our meeting on Thursday, but I'd love some input before we leave!



                 



                #2148 sgray

                sgray
                • Newbie
                • 116 posts

                  Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:21 AM

                  Hey Jess,

                  Tomorrow is the big departure date! YAY!

                  1)You really cant go wrong with a food choice! Everything was tasty. 

                  2) We had a tres leches kind of cake...it was VERY sweet. 

                  3) We chose fruit, bagels and omelets...we didn't really eat any of it though.

                  I'm sure I'll talk to you before...but have a BLAST! I cant wait to read your review and see your pics!
                   

                  Originally Posted by jszy10 

                  Ahhhh ok ladies...I leave in 3 days...Wilma says I need to choose:

                   

                  (1) my cocktail hor's dourve menu -- I was thinking the mexican??

                  (2) my cake, flavor and "cover" as she calls it?

                  (3) our breakfast in bed choice

                   

                  suggestions ladies!?!?!  I know we'll pick them out when we have our meeting on Thursday, but I'd love some input before we leave!



                   



                  #2149 adales

                  adales
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 545 posts

                    Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:06 AM

                    Hey ladies! I am back and haven't had time to write a review yet, but I will. Some things went amazing but there were definetly some issues. To answer a few questions, we did the Asian appetizers and it was probably the best food we had while we were there. JSAV did an amazing job as our DJ. I couldn't be happier with my photographer Gonzalo Nunez, he was incredible and our TTD on Sunday was so fun! I will try and write a review today. Let me know if you have any other questions.

                    #2150 jszy10

                    jszy10
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,192 posts

                      Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:46 AM

                      Thanks Shalanda!!  Welcome back Alisa!  I leave in less than 24 hours!!!!  All packed up, boarding passes printed...sooooo ready for tomorrow morning!!  :o)  I'll be back in July and promise to share pics and a review!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users