Photo

aventura spa palace

• Please log in to reply
2875 replies to this topic

#2061 sxcT

sxcT
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:35 AM

I am so glad I was able to help you decide.  I looked at everyone's portfolios over and over and even though they all look great and I would have been happy with any of them I was just stuck on Rachel's photos. 

Great choice Liza!!  

Originally Posted by MarTeeNi007 

sxcT - You inspired me to make my decision. I was pretty sure that I was going to go with La Luna, but was undecided on which photographer. I e-mailed them last night requesting information and to see if Rachel is available on my wedding day.  Having taken a second look at Rachel's portfolio online was all I needed to make my decision. 

Thanks!

Liza

#2062 sach26

sach26
    • 98 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:53 AM

Hi Ladies,

Is the cocktail hour right after the ceremony? my wedding is at 4pm, is the cocktail hour will be at  430pm or 5pm?

#2063 jszy10

jszy10
      • 1,192 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:09 AM

You can actually do your cocktail hour whenever, but I think 4:30 or 5pm would be perfect.  The ceremony will most likely be over by 5:30, but if you want some people to stick around awhile for pictures, you may want to lean towards 5-6pm.

I am actually doing my cocktail hour as a welcome party on a Thursday night.

Originally Posted by sach26 

Hi Ladies,

Is the cocktail hour right after the ceremony? my wedding is at 4pm, is the cocktail hour will be at  430pm or 5pm?

#2064 sach26

sach26
        • 98 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:14 AM

Tanks Jess, you've been very helpfull to me!

For your OOT bags, are you giving one per person or one for each guest?

I'm also gonna have 18-20 guests.

Originally Posted by jszy10 

You can actually do your cocktail hour whenever, but I think 4:30 or 5pm would be perfect.  The ceremony will most likely be over by 5:30, but if you want some people to stick around awhile for pictures, you may want to lean towards 5-6pm.

I am actually doing my cocktail hour as a welcome party on a Thursday night.

#2065 jszy10

jszy10
          • 1,192 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:19 AM

You're welcome!  I am only do 1 bag per room.  I would say if the people staying are a couple, that is definitely the way to go!  They really don't need to two of everything.  Even for the 1 girls room and 1 guys room I'm only doing 1 bag, I'm just adding two of a few things instead of just one.

#2066 adales

adales
            • Site Supporter
            • 545 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:02 AM

I am also doing one bag per room, it just seems to be easier that way.

#2067 angelov321

angelov321
              • 548 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:52 AM

My wedding was at 4pm also. I had cocktail hour from 4:30-6 so my guests will have something to do while we were taking pics. They serve food and alcohol right away so youre guests will be pretty entertained while youre off with hubby and your photog :)

Originally Posted by sach26 

Hi Ladies,

#2068 sxcT

sxcT
                • 1,282 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:53 AM

I want to do an official cocktail hour/party but the funds just might not be there.  I know some other brides have sent their guests to the main lobby to hang out and eat/snack on stuff until the reception.  I was going to try the same thing but I feel we may lose some guests if I don't keep them corralled LOL.  Crossing my fingers that we get enough rooms nights booked for at least a free cocktail hour.  ;)

Originally Posted by angelov321 

My wedding was at 4pm also. I had cocktail hour from 4:30-6 so my guests will have something to do while we were taking pics. They serve food and alcohol right away so youre guests will be pretty entertained while youre off with hubby and your photog :)

#2069 jszy10

jszy10
                  • 1,192 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:08 AM

I am actually just sending my guests to the main lobby for drinks while they wait...I'm not thrilled about it...but I wanted to have a welcome party, and I didn't want to pay for a private event :o.  Oh well!  I have heard from previous brides that it works out fit...and 1/2 of my guests are parents and bridal party anyway..so we'll be keeping them busy with pictures for at least a little while!

#2070 sxcT

sxcT
                    • 1,282 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:23 AM

Yea that sounds like my situation too.  Most are family and bridal party so they will be with us taking pictures.  Glad I get to hear back from you long before mine to see how that turns out.  :)

Originally Posted by jszy10 

I am actually just sending my guests to the main lobby for drinks while they wait...I'm not thrilled about it...but I wanted to have a welcome party, and I didn't want to pay for a private event :o.  Oh well!  I have heard from previous brides that it works out fit...and 1/2 of my guests are parents and bridal party anyway..so we'll be keeping them busy with pictures for at least a little while!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users