#1991 karebear79

karebear79
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:23 AM

I will PM you the link right now!

Originally Posted by sxcT 

Karen -

Great review!!  Thank you!!

Do you have any pictures yet or did I miss that link somewhere??

#1992 amberm390

amberm390
    • 98 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:34 PM

Karen, can you PM the link w/ pictures to me as well?!

Originally Posted by karebear79 

I will PM you the link right now!

#1993 runcol2

runcol2
      • 19 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:33 PM

You will be there during my wedding! It's on June 3 at 6pm!! :)

#1994 runcol2

runcol2
        • 19 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:40 PM

Okay ladies...after days and hours of reading all the posts on here I have some questions for you:

1. I contact Rebeca from smile market (the resort photography and video) and they told me that you CAN'T use the palace dollars for video. Do any of you have something in writing saying that you can?

2. We are having our ceremony in the Tulum Gazebo at 6pm on the spa side. the cocktail hour is at the Cenote Inlet (spa side i think??) from 6:30-7:30. And the reception is actually going to be inside in the Tikal ballroom from 7:30-10:30. 

I was told that any private events held outside was a $6pp charge. We are having 47 guests + my FI and I so we can't really afford to have more than 1 event outside, hence the cocktail hour will be outside. Are any of you familiar with the areas I listed?? Or have any of you had your reception inside??

Also, we are reserving the DJ for 3 hours and he quoted us a price of $1350 (OUTRAGEOUS) but I don't want to stress about announcements and what not...any suggestions??

Oh and what's the deal with using the resort dollars for the limo. Do any of you know if my FI and I can reserve a limo to pick us up from the airport and use the palace money for that?

Thanks girls!

We leave in 19 days!!!

Lauren :)

#1995 adales

adales
          • Site Supporter
          • 545 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:18 PM

My WC is Cristina and I am having my ceremony at the Coba Gazebo and my reception at Solarium Mundaca. Welcome Cocktail Party on Thursday at Maracas Terrace. Hopefully we will see each other on the 6th!!

#1996 jszy10

jszy10
            • 1,192 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:42 AM

Lauren..

When did you reserve your wedding!?!  When I spoke to Yesenia, she told me there was a date cutoff based on when you reserved your wedding for whether or not you can use your resort dollars for photography and videography.  If you are concerned or trying to get to the bottom of it, call yesenia!  -- 1.877.725.4933 EXT 6547

As far as the outdoor events, I don't think that surcharge per person applies for cocktail parties!?!?!  Also something you could ask Yesenia about I'm sure.

I can't believe their DJ prices!!!!  We are just going to the disco after our dinner because we are having a big AHR when we get home to do all of the traditional stuff.  Have you considered just ordering the IPOD dock, speakers and microphone?  I think that is somewhere around the $300-500 range.

#1997 jszy10

jszy10
              • 1,192 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:46 AM

Here is information from their approved vendor -- Wedding Package 3 is the Speaker/Ipod Music System/Mixer, $385 for 4 hours.  I'm not sure how important having an actual DJ is to you, but its $1000 cheaper!!!

#1998 runcol2

runcol2
                • 19 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:49 AM

I just sent Yesenia an email since no one there answers their phone!

I asked her about the fee for private events, about using palace dollars toward the video and toward limo services.

I'll let you all know what she says.

#1999 runcol2

runcol2
                  • 19 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:57 PM

Hey ladies!

so get this... look at the response from Cristina in regard to the resort putting my chair sashes on the chairs. WTF??? I'm not paying someone to do that! That's ridiculous!!!! :(

Hola Lauren,

If you are hiring a vendor, please tell them to set all in the correct places or if you prefer i may hire a person in charge of it, if so it will be $ 65usd.

Please let me know!

Regards,

Cristina Suarez

#2000 jszy10

jszy10
                    • 1,192 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:05 PM

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat!?!?  I'm not asking anything...I'm just going to show up and bring them to my planning meeting.  Wilma has been great with everything so far...she even said she'd give me 5 vases for our dinner table for me and my girls to put our bouquets in, since I don't have centerpieces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users