Photo

aventura spa palace

• Please log in to reply
2875 replies to this topic

#1731 amberm390

amberm390
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:07 PM

Oh it's so great to hear from someone who got married there recently! sgray, I was actually just looking thru your pics and they are beautiful...and I believe you said you used the resort photographer or no? I am planning on doing this as well...don't really have $$ in budget to hire an outside one. Also, I was wondering if there was any specific restaurant you liked best? We are having a very small group coming so we'll just be doing dinner in one of the restaurants as our reception (didn't really feel we had enough ppl to do a private reception).One more question for you, was the weather in December ok? I was worried it might not be 'warm enough'...

I did take time to read thru the entire thread...it took days upon days upon days, but it was DEF worth it in the end!! I learned sooo much!

#1732 adales

adales
    • Site Supporter
    • 545 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:06 PM

Thanks for this info!  I just ordered some also!

Originally Posted by sach26 

Hi Ladies,

12 Inches  Paper Lanterns are on sale at $1.20 each at asianideas.com.  I ordered 40.

#1733 sgray

sgray
      • 116 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:54 PM

Hi There! THANK YOU! I'm glad you enjoyed our pics. Yes, we did use the resort photographer and videographer. We were very pleased with their work. I think out of all of the restaurants, Mundaca was the best.  We ate there the night before the wedding.  I didn't try any of the restaurants on the Spa side but some of my guests did. 

Like you, I was a little nervous about the weather because I was reading it would only be in the 70's. When we arrived, it was about 70-75 and a little cool. But the day of the wedding and the day after were absolutely amazing. It was about 85 degrees...sunny and breezy. So it was definitely warm enough. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. Happy planning to you! 

Originally Posted by amberm390 

Oh it's so great to hear from someone who got married there recently! sgray, I was actually just looking thru your pics and they are beautiful...and I believe you said you used the resort photographer or no? I am planning on doing this as well...don't really have $$ in budget to hire an outside one. Also, I was wondering if there was any specific restaurant you liked best? We are having a very small group coming so we'll just be doing dinner in one of the restaurants as our reception (didn't really feel we had enough ppl to do a private reception).One more question for you, was the weather in December ok? I was worried it might not be 'warm enough'...

I did take time to read thru the entire thread...it took days upon days upon days, but it was DEF worth it in the end!! I learned sooo much!

#1734 angelov321

angelov321
        • 548 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:04 AM

Ditto on Mundaca! By far the best restaurant they had. :)

Originally Posted by sgray 

Hi There! THANK YOU! I'm glad you enjoyed our pics. Yes, we did use the resort photographer and videographer. We were very pleased with their work. I think out of all of the restaurants, Mundaca was the best.  We ate there the night before the wedding.  I didn't try any of the restaurants on the Spa side but some of my guests did. 

Like you, I was a little nervous about the weather because I was reading it would only be in the 70's. When we arrived, it was about 70-75 and a little cool. But the day of the wedding and the day after were absolutely amazing. It was about 85 degrees...sunny and breezy. So it was definitely warm enough. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. Happy planning to you! 

#1735 jszy10

jszy10
          • 1,192 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:12 AM

Great to know!!  This is where I am having my reception!  We requested to be out on the terrace so it was a little more private.

Originally Posted by angelov321 

Ditto on Mundaca! By far the best restaurant they had. :)

#1736 adales

adales
            • Site Supporter
            • 545 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:08 AM

Awesome we are having our private reception at the Solarium Mundaca so I am excited!!

#1737 sxcT

sxcT
              • 1,282 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:38 AM

I reserved the Solarium as well.  I know its a very big area so I hope it doesn't look too weird with about 20 some ppl.  I figured we can cut it off with the buffet and bar or something.  Make it seem a little smaller.

#1738 adales

adales
                • Site Supporter
                • 545 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:52 AM

Yeah we are expecting around 75 but I know that it fits a ton but we figure with the dance floor and tables and everything that it hopefully won't look too big either.

Originally Posted by sxcT 

I reserved the Solarium as well.  I know its a very big area so I hope it doesn't look too weird with about 20 some ppl.  I figured we can cut it off with the buffet and bar or something.  Make it seem a little smaller.

#1739 amberm390

amberm390
                  • 98 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:15 PM

Yes, I have read the same thing, to be out on the terrace because it is private and has a great view I believe...I'm hoping this will still be available when we finalize details. Did you all pick the specifics like that (location of ceremony and reception) before you went down there?

Originally Posted by jszy10 

Great to know!!  This is where I am having my reception!  We requested to be out on the terrace so it was a little more private.

#1740 adales

adales
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 545 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:50 PM

Yes I am getting married in June and we have already picked and secured everything.

Originally Posted by amberm390 

Yes, I have read the same thing, to be out on the terrace because it is private and has a great view I believe...I'm hoping this will still be available when we finalize details. Did you all pick the specifics like that (location of ceremony and reception) before you went down there?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users