• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello all my ASP/ACP brides!!  Hope you all had a lovely Christmas. 

2011 will be here in just a few days and its going to feel so good to finally be in the same year we are all getting married.  I know its going to fly by for all of us.  Try to enjoy every minute of all the planning and don't stress or get worked up.  We are all going to have amazing weddings this coming year.  Wishing you all a very Happy New Year!!

Thanks Taryn!!  I know that time will fly by very fast.

On a side note, doe anyone have any family members or friends that are threatening not to go because of the recent violence in Mexico?  If so, whata re you saying to reassure them?  I am having this problem and I have let them know that the resort is safe and secure yet they still aren't listening.  It os really starting to bum me out.

Oh no!!  My family makes little comments about it, but none of them have threatened not to come.  It sounds like you have done all you can to reassure them?  I have said the same as you...that we are in a very nice resort that is guaranteed to be safe, not the mention that almost all of the violence that has been happening is no where near our resort.  Right??

Originally Posted by adales View Post

On a side note, doe anyone have any family members or friends that are threatening not to go because of the recent violence in Mexico?  If so, whata re you saying to reassure them?  I am having this problem and I have let them know that the resort is safe and secure yet they still aren't listening.  It os really starting to bum me out.

I had a couple aunts/uncles that wouldn't come to our wedding due to the "violence". I told them to read the news- it's not affecting that area like it is the border cities. They never did come- I still think it's just a cop-out so they don't have to spend the money.. It was a bummer they didn't show, but we still had a great time!

Originally Posted by adales View Post

I have heard a few grumblings about it and I try to be understanding because they really are concerned. They hear what's "going on in Mexico" and think we are going to be right in the middle of it or something. I tell them to do a little research and they will see that if they are smart - i.e., don't walk through an alley in the middle of town alone at night - they will see there is nothing to worry about. For those who say they have heard travel agents are advising against travel to Mexico, I tell them about my travel agent who visited Riviera Maya last month with her husband and 3 year-old. Our informed guests are not concerned at all. 

Good luck ladies! I really hope nobody cancels for that reason.

Aventura has two sides - the Cove side which allows kids and the Spa side which is adults only.  Its a great option. 

Originally Posted by missook View Post

we are getting married at Moon Palace, but I really want to visit this resort.  we may take a daytrip there.  I hear it's much better than Moon Palace.  we just decided to do moon because we have kids coming with us.

Hey ladies.  So I am starting to freak out.  I already have my hotel rooms reserved with my travel agent and started looking for flights since they just came out.  Well a few others have looked online and found package deals for cheaper than if they booked separately.  They want to do that if they do that totally screws up my group booking.  I wanted the best possible pricing for me and my guests and I don't think I got it.  I know package deals are always better but its a "get while you can" kind of thing.  I am really getting worried.  I sent the info I found to my travel agent but I don't think there is anything she can do.  

AAAHHHHHH  hissyfit.gif