Jump to content

Photo

aventura spa palace


  • Please log in to reply
2875 replies to this topic

#1531 sxcT

sxcT
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,282 posts

    Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:54 PM

    We are in the same boat.  Too funny!!  I am excited about the TTD but I will be wearing a different dress so I definitely want lots of pics of me in my wedding dress on my wedding day.  I really think I need to do the 5 hrs but my budget allowed for the price of 4 hrs.  I'm thinking I might say 4 hrs now and then the day comes and I'll be begging them to stay haha!!


     

    Originally Posted by jszy10 

    Taryn

     

    I just noticed that you have a TTD scheduled (I do too).  I got to thinking that to make things go a little faster maybe we can not spend as much time with bride/groom pics after the wedding and save it for the TTD the next day?  I'm SO excited to do a TTD shoot, so I'm really not willing to let go of that :o  We are actually kind of hoping that when it gets closer we may be able to add an extra hour on to our photog too.





    #1532 jszy10

    jszy10
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,192 posts

      Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:54 PM

      I know!!  I'm not wearing my dress for the TTD either...so I kind of agree..  I'm sure it will all work out.  I'm having an AHR and wearing my dress again, so I guess if I don't get the first dance and cake cutting from the photographer in Mexico, I'll definitely have it from my photographer back home!?  Although, its not the same....

       

      My sister-in-law is a photographer..so maybe I can get her to take pictures of us with the cake and of us dancing if he isn't there long enough.  I just feel bad doing that because shes a bridesmaid, and she is already doing my hair because shes a hair dresser too!
       

      Originally Posted by sxcT 

      We are in the same boat.  Too funny!!  I am excited about the TTD but I will be wearing a different dress so I definitely want lots of pics of me in my wedding dress on my wedding day.  I really think I need to do the 5 hrs but my budget allowed for the price of 4 hrs.  I'm thinking I might say 4 hrs now and then the day comes and I'll be begging them to stay haha!!


       



      #1533 sxcT

      sxcT
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,282 posts

        Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:21 PM

        Like you said...it will all work out.  My mom is a photographer too and I know she will be snapping tons of pics.  I am just hoping to have all the special moments captured with the hired photographer so I will try to stick to the schedule.  Maybe I can convince them to do half an hour of pre-wedding and that will give me until 7:30 which should be good if the reception starts at 6.  I really don't think everything can be done in 1 hr of reception time.  I'll have to think about it more and see how I can work out the numbers.

         

        I also have a bridesmaid who is a professional makeup artist and a wedding/event planner so I know I will have her running around helping out with things and doing all of our makeup.  I feel bad but I know Im gonna be so thankful to have her there.  =)
         

        Originally Posted by jszy10 

        I know!!  I'm not wearing my dress for the TTD either...so I kind of agree..  I'm sure it will all work out.  I'm having an AHR and wearing my dress again, so I guess if I don't get the first dance and cake cutting from the photographer in Mexico, I'll definitely have it from my photographer back home!?  Although, its not the same....

         

        My sister-in-law is a photographer..so maybe I can get her to take pictures of us with the cake and of us dancing if he isn't there long enough.  I just feel bad doing that because shes a bridesmaid, and she is already doing my hair because shes a hair dresser too!
         

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by sxcT 

        We are in the same boat.  Too funny!!  I am excited about the TTD but I will be wearing a different dress so I definitely want lots of pics of me in my wedding dress on my wedding day.  I really think I need to do the 5 hrs but my budget allowed for the price of 4 hrs.  I'm thinking I might say 4 hrs now and then the day comes and I'll be begging them to stay haha!!


         





        #1534 jszy10

        jszy10
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,192 posts

          Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:54 PM

           FYI Ladies -- the palace resort website now states that you can get up to $2000 resort credit for stays from 9-11 nights and 12 nights or more gets $2500! When I booked it was the flat $1500 for 5+ night?!  I just emailed my TA to make sure I could get the higher amount!



          #1535 jszy10

          jszy10
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,192 posts

            Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:55 PM

            oooooh nevermind!! It says "booking window December 1 - May 31"  booo!!  :oP



            #1536 mochamakes3

            mochamakes3
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,917 posts

              Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:39 AM

              I just sent an email to our WC to confirm that we would receive the increased resort credit. The travel dates are December 1, 2010 to December 23, 2011 so I don't see why we wouldn't be eligible. Otherwise, we could just cancel and rebook? It would be great to receive the extra money, then we could afford the videographer without extra costs! I will post her response once I receive it.



              #1537 jszy10

              jszy10
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,192 posts

                Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:57 AM

                Ok, let me know how you make out!!

                 

                If you get it then I'll make sure my TA gets it for me too!

                 

                Originally Posted by mochamakes3 

                I just sent an email to our WC to confirm that we would receive the increased resort credit. The travel dates are December 1, 2010 to December 23, 2011 so I don't see why we wouldn't be eligible. Otherwise, we could just cancel and rebook? It would be great to receive the extra money, then we could afford the videographer without extra costs! I will post her response once I receive it.





                #1538 angelov321

                angelov321
                • Member
                • 548 posts

                  Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:43 AM

                  Hi ladies! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

                   

                  I just came back from a wedding at the Iberostar Beach in RM, and let me just say, Aventura Spa is definitely the place to get married! Besides the fact that the wedding was on the beach, Iberostar provided nothing that compared to the ASP wedding packages. Im so happy I went with Aventura! All you ladies that are getting married soon, you definitely chose the right resort!!



                  #1539 n4turally

                  n4turally
                  • Newbie
                  • 92 posts

                    Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:09 AM

                    Yayy!!!



                    #1540 sxcT

                    sxcT
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,282 posts

                      Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:19 PM

                      Thanks for reminding us we picked a winner!! 

                       



                      Hi ladies! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

                       

                      I just came back from a wedding at the Iberostar Beach in RM, and let me just say, Aventura Spa is definitely the place to get married! Besides the fact that the wedding was on the beach, Iberostar provided nothing that compared to the ASP wedding packages. Im so happy I went with Aventura! All you ladies that are getting married soon, you definitely chose the right resort!!








                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users