Photo

aventura spa palace

• Please log in to reply
2875 replies to this topic

#1521 nicdeb928

nicdeb928
  • 293 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:03 AM

Hey! We did the dances and speeches within the first 30 min of starting the reception, than we ate dinner...I didnt do the bouquet toss...an important question is, who is your photographer? b/c if they're professional they'll make sure that they get the important pictures...at one point my photographer asked me if I was ready to cut the cake and i said no b/c we were all dancing so he asked if me and hubby could pose and act like we were which we did so that he could get the shot and leave...well he wound up staying another hour until we really cut the cake and then he got those photos as well..my photographer, Juan Navarro, was hired for a 3 hr wedding photo shoot, then I added on another 3 additional hours...but in reality, he was there at 1pm and stayed till about 9 or 10 b/c it was important to him to catch everything...If I could give only 1 piece of advice to future brides...its dont skimp on your photographer...after that day is done your pictures are the ONLY thing you have...to me, thats priceless...out of all the money we spent on little things and big things, our photographer was the best spent money....just my opinion :)

Originally Posted by sxcT 

Question for you previous brides...

How long did it take to do the dances, speeches, garter, bouquet toss, cake cutting and all the other things that need to get done and photographed?  Reason I ask is because I am on a tight budget and I need to figure out how many hours to book the photographer.  I can really only afford 4 hours but with 1 hour of pre-wedding I am not sure everything will get covered.

Ceremony - 4pm

Reception - 6pm

Thoughts??

#1522 nicdeb928

nicdeb928
    • 293 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:11 AM

I finally found the pictures I was looking for: here's pics of my bridesmaids bags and groomsmen bags:

guysbags.jpggirlsbags4.jpg

#1523 nicdeb928

nicdeb928
      • 293 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:12 AM

and the OOT bag contents:

ootbags.jpg

#1524 jszy10

jszy10
        • 1,192 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:29 AM

they all look great! where did you get your airborne and tylenol packets from? 

Ps. love the ring pop!

#1525 angelov321

angelov321
          • 548 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:15 AM

I added their names under the date. Wow, Im surprised they went up so high. :(

Originally Posted by jszy10 

Thanks!  They're 15.95 now, I wonder if they'll go on sale?  What did you write underneith the date? I can't really see what it says from the picture...

Quote:
            Originally Posted by angelov321 

I ordered them from customizedgirl.com. They were $10 each and you can design your own shirt or pick one from the ones they already have. I got hubby a Groom to be shirt, both mothers a shirt and myself one. :)

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jszy10 

I think I would want my girls to have similar hair styles (that 'off to the side' look)!!  Where did you get their tank tops from!? I LOVE them!

#1526 jszy10

jszy10
            • 1,192 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:18 AM

Ok, that's what I was thinking!  Thanks! 

#1527 sxcT

sxcT
              • 1,282 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:04 PM

Thanks for the advice.  I know the photos are very important which is why my photographer is La Luna which I am very happy with.  I made a mistake in the pricing when I picked the actual person doing the photography and now I am trying to figure out how to make it all work out with my budget.

Originally Posted by nicdeb928 

Hey! We did the dances and speeches within the first 30 min of starting the reception, than we ate dinner...I didnt do the bouquet toss...an important question is, who is your photographer? b/c if they're professional they'll make sure that they get the important pictures...at one point my photographer asked me if I was ready to cut the cake and i said no b/c we were all dancing so he asked if me and hubby could pose and act like we were which we did so that he could get the shot and leave...well he wound up staying another hour until we really cut the cake and then he got those photos as well..my photographer, Juan Navarro, was hired for a 3 hr wedding photo shoot, then I added on another 3 additional hours...but in reality, he was there at 1pm and stayed till about 9 or 10 b/c it was important to him to catch everything...If I could give only 1 piece of advice to future brides...its dont skimp on your photographer...after that day is done your pictures are the ONLY thing you have...to me, thats priceless...out of all the money we spent on little things and big things, our photographer was the best spent money....just my opinion :)

Quote:

How long did it take to do the dances, speeches, garter, bouquet toss, cake cutting and all the other things that need to get done and photographed?  Reason I ask is because I am on a tight budget and I need to figure out how many hours to book the photographer.  I can really only afford 4 hours but with 1 hour of pre-wedding I am not sure everything will get covered.

Ceremony - 4pm

Reception - 6pm

Thoughts??

#1528 lilbuddha

lilbuddha
                • 70 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:39 PM

Nicole: can I ask where u bought the thermal cups? Been looking around but can't find a good deal unless I buy a ridiculous quantity.

and the OOT bag contents:

ootbags.jpg

Mia & Pauly May 5th, 201163 guests + bride & groom.....and counting.

#1529 jszy10

jszy10
                  • 1,192 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:05 PM

I didn't even take time to read this until now but I am in the exact same boat...are you staying with the 4 hours?  I can really only afford four also, but I worry too that with the 1-hr of pre-wedding, the ceremony, and the after photos with family and bride/groom shots, I feel like it'll be pushing it.  We are just having our reception in the Mundaca steakhouse, so I wonder too if we won't be able to really do the cake cutting ahead of time or even the first dance (I have heard the Mariachi band at the restaurant comes over and will play a song for you to dance too??)

Ceremony - 4pm

Reception - 6pm

Thoughts??

#1530 jszy10

jszy10
                    • 1,192 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:10 PM

Taryn

I just noticed that you have a TTD scheduled (I do too).  I got to thinking that to make things go a little faster maybe we can not spend as much time with bride/groom pics after the wedding and save it for the TTD the next day?  I'm SO excited to do a TTD shoot, so I'm really not willing to let go of that :o  We are actually kind of hoping that when it gets closer we may be able to add an extra hour on to our photog too.

Back to Destination Wedding in Riviera Maya, Cancun & surrounding areas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users