It comes so quick...ive been engaged 10 months now and I cant even believe how quick it went...also, im a teacher too :) my wedding is over nj teachers convention wknd, so i only had to take off 3 days and they didnt give me a problem at all about it :)

about the wedding scripts...another reason i cant stand this communication with my WC...i spent an entire week reading through a million scripts, picking parts of one i wanted and adding it with another..making my fiance listen to them all until we came up with one we both loved, then i emailed it to Yazmin...to find out...i dont get to choose my own script...since were doing a civil wedding, she said the justice of peace only does one script and he wont use ours....wth!!!! these are things that pull my stress chords and require me to drink wine and eat chocolate!

Originally Posted by jszy10 View Post

Nicole -- aaahh!!!! I'm so excited for you! I wish mine was that close! :o)  Stupid teacher's schedule...always a summer wedding!

Alisa -- I know there are threads on here that offer wedding scripts!! and some of them are really great! I'm sure you could ask Yasmin or the wedding coordinator about getting a copy of the one they use though?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i have an appt to get mine done, but I am nervous...i would love to hear if any past brides had theirs done there...i dont want to look like a clown, and i also dont want my face to be one big oily mess sad.gif

Originally Posted by Alyssa0918 View Post

Has anyone had their makeup done at the salon at ASP?  I can't decide if I want to do it myself or have them do it.  Thanks

question for any other brides getting married at ASP this year, are you hearing differnt stories on the FALL 2010 1500 credit promotion??? their website says if you travel from sept till dec of this year you can use the full $1500 in the spa...but then when one of my guests made her appts and wanted to verify that info, they told her no, that she could only use the $300...when i emailed them the exact quote from the website, i didnt get a response...my travel agent is looking into it, but its annoying...how do they promote one thing, and say another...

while im on the spa subject, does anyone know what the tipping policy is there as far as spa and salon services?

lastly, fyi..im in the process of typing up my planning thread from all the stuff i have collected over the past 10 months...its taking a long time to put togethr but i shoudl be done in another week, and i promise if you are anything like me (ocd, anal, too organized) you should love it wink.gif

Nicole

I've looked at scripts too, but was told pretty quickly that they will not say anything that isn't in their script -- including the sand ceremony.

Have you thought of going somewhere local to get your makeup done and have one of your bridesmaids go with?  I'm lucky that my sister-in-law is a beautician, so she'll be doing my hair.  I'll either have her or one of my other bridesmaids go with me to a makeup trial and help me on my wedding day.

..and I can't wait to read your planning thread :o)

Oh, and about the credit, and I would print out the website terms and hand it to them when they tell you no.  If you have it in writing, I doubt there is any way you wouldn't get it!  I've read that as well about this fall.  I'd say ask Yesenia, but I've heard she's not even answering emails.  GO FIGURE!! Maybe call the 800 number?

I opted to hire an outside source to do my makeup. I wanted my photographer to be able to take pictures of me getting my hair done in my room.

Also The Amazing Wilma emailed me all the information that Yazmin had collect on my wedding. She wanted to varrief that everything was correct. About 2/3's of it was corret. 1/3 wrong. She had our welcome dinner on the wrong night. I will give her the benifit of the doubt that I told her the wrong info. I also emailed her all the details that were left out and all questions. I will let you know how it goes and how long it takes. Maybe she is going threw each of Yazmins weddings one and a time and taking them over. It sounds like it from the time line...when she first starting contacting people on this board till she contacting me.

Has anyone had their makeup done at the salon at ASP?  I can't decide if I want to do it myself or have them do it.  Thanks

The samething happened to me. When Wilma emailed me, she said that I had already reserved the cocktail hour spot and time along with the ceremony gazebo. I hadnt reserved anything at all with Dulce. Maybe the other girls were doing their jobs poorly, which is why Wilma took over. Nonetheless, Im happy with the switch. :)

Originally Posted by skadow View Post

I opted to hire an outside source to do my makeup. I wanted my photographer to be able to take pictures of me getting my hair done in my room.

Also The Amazing Wilma emailed me all the information that Yazmin had collect on my wedding. She wanted to varrief that everything was correct. About 2/3's of it was corret. 1/3 wrong. She had our welcome dinner on the wrong night. I will give her the benifit of the doubt that I told her the wrong info. I also emailed her all the details that were left out and all questions. I will let you know how it goes and how long it takes. Maybe she is going threw each of Yazmins weddings one and a time and taking them over. It sounds like it from the time line...when she first starting contacting people on this board till she contacting me.

I had my makeup and hair done at ASP. She did a great job on both, but I would highly recommend you bring your color choices and hair pictures with you due to a little bit of a language barrier. She had special makeup that didn't melt off like my clinique would have done, so that in itself made it all worthwhile to me! Ditto on the hairspray!

Heads up on this-- this was my ONE major complaint about ASP. I emailed a vacation guy (Luis) and set all my spa stuff ahead of time and he told me I could use all $3,000 in the spa if I wanted to. He said after September 1st that was permitted. My husband and I ended up using about $2100 in the spa- 5 massages, facials.. etc..

However, when my guests arrived, the hotel would only let them use the $300 in the spa and I had several upset guests. The hotel really didn't do much to make it right, but my family didn't really bother to pitch a fit either so I'm not sure how complaining on site would have turned out.

I would STRONGLY advise you to print it off the website or get the info in writing from a vacation planner BEFORE you go.

Originally Posted by nicdeb928 View Post

question for any other brides getting married at ASP this year, are you hearing differnt stories on the FALL 2010 1500 credit promotion??? their website says if you travel from sept till dec of this year you can use the full $1500 in the spa...but then when one of my guests made her appts and wanted to verify that info, they told her no, that she could only use the $300...when i emailed them the exact quote from the website, i didnt get a response...my travel agent is looking into it, but its annoying...how do they promote one thing, and say another...

while im on the spa subject, does anyone know what the tipping policy is there as far as spa and salon services?

lastly, fyi..im in the process of typing up my planning thread from all the stuff i have collected over the past 10 months...its taking a long time to put togethr but i shoudl be done in another week, and i promise if you are anything like me (ocd, anal, too organized) you should love it wink.gif

As for tipping at the spa, I couldn't really tell what the "norm" there was. We opted not to tip because many of the services are already 200+ "dollars" as is, and I definitely couldn't afford to tip 15%. No one really waits around or anything (with their palms out) so I think it's just a matter of preference. I did see a man leaving a tip one day at the receptionist's desk for his therapist, so it can be done.

Originally Posted by nicdeb928 View Post