Jump to content

Recommended Posts


 

Originally Posted by sxcT View Post

For those of you bringing in a photographer...

 

Are you letting them know?

 

If not, don't they ask why you are not using their photographer?  What do you say?

 

It seems like this is common but right on the contract is states no outside vendors.  I just want to make sure it ends up working out.

 

 

Also, thank you to those who posted about La Luna.  I fell in love with del Sol but could not afford them.  When I looked at La Luna I felt it was the same type of style I was looking for. 

 

 

 

love.gif   thats me blushing :)   happy to be of a service.  now lets see what the La Luna Team can do for U!

 

saludos!
matt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love this post.  It makes you just sit back for a moment and remember why we are all doing this.  I am so far away from my wedding so no stress has really hit me yet but I need to remember this when things start getting hectic and I feel overwhelmed. 

 

Happy Friday to you all!!!  elefant.gif
 

Originally Posted by nicdeb928 View Post


@banknelson-- relax and try not to stress! remember that is the whole reason why people have destination weddings....so they can stay away from the stress and drama! everything will work out and be beautiful...once you get off that plane and walk onto the beautiful resort, youre not going to care about the lil things, bc its just going to be so beautiful....when youre staring at palm trees and crystal blue water, who cares what color linens the tables have :)



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



You are so right thanks! I wish mine was 8 weeks! So exciting!

 

Originally Posted by nicdeb928 View Post

Hi ladies...so in 8 weeks, i leave for Mexico! woo hoo!

 

 

@banknelson-- relax and try not to stress! remember that is the whole reason why people have destination weddings....so they can stay away from the stress and drama! everything will work out and be beautiful...once you get off that plane and walk onto the beautiful resort, youre not going to care about the lil things, bc its just going to be so beautiful....when youre staring at palm trees and crystal blue water, who cares what color linens the tables have :)



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a reason why NO ONE is using the resort photographer!?  I was offered to still get the old low rates but I'm a little afraid to use them because no one else is :o Now I'm searching for other photographers and feeling overwhelmed.... I'm on such a limited budget that I have only found 2 that I can really use..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sure the resort photographer does good work jszy, I know a women up here that has used them and was very happy. I have a specific look I wanted so I choose Del Sol. La Luna is the same company as Del Sol but only $400 an hour if that is in your budget.

 

The good thing about the palace photographer is your could use your palace dollars. (or so I have heard....I have heard both ways it seems)

 

Before I found these forums and all the great resources I didnt think twice about using the resort photographer. Thats the one downfall of these boards. They make me feel I need everything.

 

I even started looking into makeup and hair out side the resort. But then I reminded myself that I can not garentee it will be better anywhere else. I havnt met any outside vendors either. I am sure if I bring a photo Palace Resorts will do perfect work.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My budget was set by the old prices from ASP...which they told me I can still have -- which was $1000 for 3 hours on the wedding day, a CD of all photography and a 1 hour TTD session.  I have found Octavio Montes and Sara Herrera (wife of Vicor Herrera -- which I love her work) for outside photogs...but it really would be much easier on me to keep it in the resort...I'm so stuck! :o and feel like I'm running out of time to choose...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jessica,

 

When we went down there Yazmin provided us with photobooks of some of the work done by the resort photographer.  They did good work.  They come with our package so we get them anyway.  For me I was interested in a certain look.  I really like black and whites and more of a photojournalism less traditional style.  The resort photographers take very good pics and remember your guests are going to be taking tons of photos as well.

 

When we started this process my FI and sat down like little kids and each made a top five things no matter how big or small that were important to us for the wedding.  When we showed each other it was amazing the overlap....and how important location was and food.  The nature beauty of the place comes through in any picture you take. 

 

Remember (I have these moments too ) but no one else has to pay the bill but you.  And if you are busy stressing then you aren't enjoying. The last thing you want is to go overboard and regret it later. 

 

Originally Posted by jszy10 View Post

Is there a reason why NO ONE is using the resort photographer!?  I was offered to still get the old low rates but I'm a little afraid to use them because no one else is :o Now I'm searching for other photographers and feeling overwhelmed.... I'm on such a limited budget that I have only found 2 that I can really use..



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am using the resort photographer. And my WC did email back to confirm that I could use vacation dollars on the photography packages. 
 

Originally Posted by jszy10 View Post

My budget was set by the old prices from ASP...which they told me I can still have -- which was $1000 for 3 hours on the wedding day, a CD of all photography and a 1 hour TTD session.  I have found Octavio Montes and Sara Herrera (wife of Vicor Herrera -- which I love her work) for outside photogs...but it really would be much easier on me to keep it in the resort...I'm so stuck! :o and feel like I'm running out of time to choose...



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont stress Jessica...you are definitley not running out of time...I booked my photographer (Juan Navarro) 5 months before my wedding, so you do still have time...i would suggest you decide what is the most important things to be spending your money on for the wedding...if you and your fiance agree that photography is very important than put out the extra money and go with a photographer whose work you love...otherwise go with the resort, im sure you will still be very happy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so I know that I preach about not stressing, but I went on the palace resorts website and checked the wedding availability of my date, November 5, 2010 and to my dislike saw that there are 5 weddings scheduled that day, including mine :( i dont know how i feel about this, I figured there would be at least 1 more, but 4??? the thing that concerns me most is that I was hoping once I got there that if I wasnt crazy about the locations i chose for my cocktail hour and reception that i would be able to change it, but now im not so sure...all the other locations are probably booked....oh well, not happy, but nothing i can do...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Go for the third one. It is gorgeous and you will look stunning in that. I'm sure you will be noticed by other people. Go for it.
    • I would suggest the long one. You will look stunning in that. It is simple and elegant.
    • Both the gown are awesome and I'm sure you will look gorgeous in both. But I would suggest the first one. Go for it and Congratulations for your marriage.
    • Hello everyone,  I am still engaged, still not planning the big day, because we haven't chosen a date + we have some family stiff to do so I hope that this forum will help me a lot before the real craziness during the wedding planning period. Happy to be here
    • Two of my friends are going to get married next month. Out of them one is suffering from serious teeth issue. He is having bleeding gums along with jaw pain and swelling, particularly around the gums or around the jaw. Because of the teeth issue, he is not able to make the arrangements for the marriage. Is it safe to carry out tooth extraction during this period of time? How painful is dental implants during and after the procedure? Will he be able to eat food after tooth extraction? Please share your views and suggestions. Thank you! 
  • Topics

×