Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie22 View Post
We legally got married 3 month before our mexican wedding and didn't tell anyone. I didn't want to go through the hassle of getting bloodwork in Mexico or getting our marriage certificate translated from Spanish to English.

I'm very glad we did it this way. I told Dulce that no one knew we were doing a symbolic ceremony instead of a civil ceremony. Everything was perfect. Just an FYI: if you get married first and do a symbolice ceremony in Mexico Dulce needs a copy of your marriage certificate.
It is a huge hassle to get everything in order before getting married in Mexico. That's why Ive been contemplating getting married before going. How do you feel about having two different wedding dates? Are you going to be celebrating 2 anniversaries?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelov321 View Post
It is a huge hassle to get everything in order before getting married in Mexico. That's why Ive been contemplating getting married before going. How do you feel about having two different wedding dates? Are you going to be celebrating 2 anniversaries?
We still to this day have not told anyone that we did the legal portion at home prior to mexico. We are going to treat our mexican wedding as our wedding day and celebrate that as our anniversary. I don't ever think of going to the courthouse as a our wedding, I considered it taking care of paperwork.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by skadow View Post
Did you just have to pay the $400 then? Because there was no offical DJ. Did you have a dance floor?
We paid $250, we rented the equiptment I mentioned earlier and there is someone from the company maning the equiptment. They will fade in and out of songs for you if you want. There was no dance floor laid down but that was no necessary there was a clear area for everyone to dance, it worked out perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie22 View Post
We still to this day have not told anyone that we did the legal portion at home prior to mexico. We are going to treat our mexican wedding as our wedding day and celebrate that as our anniversary. I don't ever think of going to the courthouse as a our wedding, I considered it taking care of paperwork.
Thanks Jackie! You're input has really helped me. This is a huge decision and its always helpful to hear how other people handled it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie22 View Post
We paid $250, we rented the equiptment I mentioned earlier and there is someone from the company maning the equiptment. They will fade in and out of songs for you if you want. There was no dance floor laid down but that was no necessary there was a clear area for everyone to dance, it worked out perfect.
$250? The pricelist J&S sent me was defintely more than $250 for the docking station. Was that the original price he quoted you? Im just curious because my WC quoted me one price then J&S sent me another one completely different and I dont know whats the actual cost anymore. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My group booking link has been down for the last week. I am finding this very annoying...Anyone else having this problem. The hotel said all there group booking links are down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelov321 View Post
Dulce only recommended J&S to me. The boss was the one who I was talking to. He was very quick in responding to my every email. Im not sure about stages, you may have to go through someone else for that. I know he provides a projector and screen for extra $. I will email you the packages he sent me.
Hi! can you please email me the packages he sent you too..thank you so much! Nicole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×